For those who used revere pewter by BM ..
aly25son
March 16, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Did it come out gray on your walls or more of a tan? Want to paint interior halls and living room but afraid I'm making a big mistake...it just looks so nice in all pictures, I want it in my house but gray won't look as good as a tanish color...hmph!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Rockin' Fine Finish
differnt lighting and natural light will change colors buy samples and put them up and look at them at different times of the day. pewter cast from sherwin is gray no tan over tones if thats what you are looking for.
1 Like   March 16, 2013 at 4:38PM
judianna20
revere pewter is gray. looks great with white trim and black.
1 Like   March 16, 2013 at 5:04PM
bellycat
I ruled it out because I saw too much gray
1 Like   March 16, 2013 at 5:21PM
PRO
Rockin' Fine Finish
Look at stone hearth
0 Likes   March 16, 2013 at 5:24PM
PRO
ReMax - Lisa
I had it and loved it in my previous home in the basement. It had a greenish tinge (potlighting, not much natural light). The new owner called me to say she had repainted her living/dining room in Revere pewter, a nice grey. Didn't believe me when I said it was throughout her basement! I used it in my new house in living/dining and hated it. Was the exact colour of new drywall. No personality. It is very much dependent on lighting. A friend of mind had it throughout her main floor with white cabinetry and dark brown furnishings, looks great!
2 Likes   March 16, 2013 at 5:25PM
PRO
ReMax - Lisa
My favourite tan with a grey undergone is BM clay beige. My entire main floor is in it and it goes with absolutely everything!
2 Likes   March 16, 2013 at 5:27PM
charleee
Gray, tan even green depending on the light. If you choose this color, I would suggest you use an eggshell finish because it's a whole lot better than the flat!
0 Likes   March 16, 2013 at 5:28PM
olldroo
Aly, if a colour won't go, sorry it just won't go, your house won't like it and it will let you know. I know it is easy to fall in love when you see the lovely photos here and in magazines, but remember those photos are taken in the best possible light - who knows, half of them may not even look as good in real life. If tan really is the shade you need, then go with it, the end result is what is important and how you feel every time you enter a room.

I desperately wanted to do my bedroom in a mid beige and white, but when I tried sample pots the colours just looked like mud on the walls. I was so disappointed. Ended up painting the room green and I just love it, I love being in the room and I have had heaps of compliments on it. Green was the last colour I would have chosen, but it has worked.

Remax suggested clay beige. I don't know your paints at all, but here are 2 rooms in clay beige - would it work for you?

[houzz=
1 Like   March 16, 2013 at 6:15PM
aly25son
I completely love it. Painter starts Monday, I'm gonna have to sneak out and get that as one last effort! Right now we decided to go with muslin by BM, would LOVE feedback on that one! And ur right, revere pewter just wasn't working and at least I admitted it lol..
2 Likes   March 16, 2013 at 6:46PM
2 Likes   March 16, 2013 at 6:51PM