What kind of rod
Eagledzines
What kind of rod are these hung on?

Urbane breakfast in Austin. FAB Architecture
rouxb
Can you elaborate/detail your question? Since the rods are hidden only the designer can say for sure. Based on the way the drapes are pleating I would guess they have grommets tops and are on a plain round rod.
2 Likes   March 16, 2013 at 4:47PM
bevballew
They are behind what is a drop ceiling from where they are hung. They are probably stationary. Agree probably on grommets on a regular rod oe are with the pinch pleat hooks on a normal rod.
2 Likes   March 16, 2013 at 5:09PM
Eagledzines
I can't figure out how anyone could get their hands up there to hang them.
1 Like   March 16, 2013 at 5:16PM
onthefence
That's interesting. I went to the FAB Architecture site and it appears that drapery treatment is in at least 3 rooms of the house. http://www.fabarchitecture.com/index.php/residential/modern_villa

Since it's hidden, I wonder if it's as simple as a tension rod?
2 Likes   March 16, 2013 at 5:20PM
Eagledzines
I think it's beautiful. I just can't figure out how to do it. I can figure out the architecture of it and could design a room like that. I just can't figure out how to hang the drape.
1 Like   March 16, 2013 at 5:22PM
Curtains are too heavy for it to be a tension rod. Probably had a groove made into the protrusion just to drop plain round rods into. If you don't have the drop ceiling you can do the same with a faux crown molding. I've hung stationary draperies on hand towel rods for bathroom use.
2 Likes   March 16, 2013 at 5:54PM
Wow Great Place
My money is on a KS or DS tack, mounted directly into the ceiling, and the carriers are likely a snap-tape to do ripple fold drapes, as that would give this effect. The KS or DS tracks are narrow, and can be installed directly through the track, no bracket, and would be easy enough to install into the narrow channel (I've done this type of treatment, and that is what we used) http://www.jackson.ca/Downloads/Drapery%20Hardware/KS.pdf
2 Likes   March 16, 2013 at 6:06PM
Eagledzines
Ah, I see how that would work. Thanks Wow.
1 Like   March 16, 2013 at 6:17PM
rouxb
Actually I think they are cornices mounted ceiling height. I had them in an apt. I rented.The curtains were on a slim rod that clipped into hooks in the cornice box,
2 Likes   March 16, 2013 at 11:04PM
Eagledzines
I believe this would be a cornice. Is this what decoenthusiast was talking about?

0 Likes   March 17, 2013 at 7:36AM
Creative Blinds & Decor
These panels are mounted on a track system which can be functional or left statioanry, Ripplefold or pleated but less stackback space is needed with the Rpplefold . There are many companies that offer this type of system for ceiling mounted tracks when custom ordered through a Drapery professional, not typically found in Retail Stores.
1 Like   March 17, 2013 at 7:50AM
Eagledzines
Thank you, all of you for your comments. It's been very helpful.
0 Likes   March 17, 2013 at 5:27PM
Julie Thome Draperies, Inc.
Those would certainly have been a track mounted into the drapery pocket, on which ripplefold drapes are hung. drapery pockets like that are popular and have to be spec'd by the builder. They are not a cornice board. No one would ever specify grommets to be hidden like that. The pleats are definitely a ripplefold curve.
1 Like   March 17, 2013 at 5:33PM
Renting and updating
Hi all, would love some assistance! I will be renting...
Lyndell Blair
spencerbetz
helo
lol
CARTOT
eliot wood table by cattelan or baron table by calligaris
I can't decide which kitchen table I should choose. There...
msburza
Open living-room and kitchen nook paint.
I have painted my 30 ft living-room wall chocolate...
Lisa Rossignolo