PLEASE help with cabinets.
josambruce
We have a limited budget and will be replacing the floors, backsplash and cabinet hardware. Should I paint them so I can put down hardwood floors? Or should I leave them as is and put down tile? I can't reface or replace, so I need the best solution for these strange cabinets. Thank you
Barnhart Gallery
These cabinets are cool! How old are they? If they look as good in person as they do on my monitor, I'd change everything but the cabinets, striving for this kind of feel -- the marble tones of this bath photo minus the chandeliers, and hey, here are your cabinets almost in a galley kitchen with grays, but I think a bit too busy for your space.
[houzz=Transitional Bathroom]
[houzz=Georgetown Development
So, for me, loads of white and perhaps a little grey. Not this floor or checkered backsplash. Can't see counters well enough to comment but they don't look bad in this pic. And no band of paint up in the soffet area -- all one color. Sleek or no window treatment, too. This can look great!
0 Likes   March 16, 2013 at 11:52PM
Susie
Very Elegant, never seen a bath with marble on walls also .. so great.
0 Likes   March 17, 2013 at 12:55AM
orangecamera
I think your cabinets are really nice. Your backsplash and floor are competing rather than enhancing them. I'd go with all one color tile for the backsplash, with grout lines that aren't prominent. Choose a grout color that is very close to the tile color. Same idea for the floor.

If you want wood floors, I think you can do it without painting the cabinets, as long as there's enough of a contrast. (Have you looked into the tiles that look like wood?)

kitchen
Elegant Oakton Kitchen Dazzles! 1
Elegant Oakton Kitchen Dazzles! 2
1 Like   March 17, 2013 at 1:32AM
No! Don't paint the cabinets, they're great! If you want a wood floor, go with a very light maple. The contrast will be stunning!
0 Likes   March 17, 2013 at 2:13AM
Amy Stanley
Were you wanting to extend the wood that I see beyond the kitchen? How close in color is that to cabinets ? I think if you go wood the floors should match. So I would stay light on backspash to match counter and brake up the wood .
0 Likes   March 17, 2013 at 4:30AM
A Crew of Two
Love the cabinets! I would do tile- too much wood if you use the color in the other room. And I don't think two different woods in the same areas. I like a rectangle tile. A cool glass backsplash. Sprout Kimona Silk Tile. This one has the tones of your cabinets and would look very modern. Glass & Marble Backsplash
0 Likes   March 17, 2013 at 4:52AM
KraftMaster Renovations
I love the look of the cabinets and wouldnt consider painting them, add new hardware, counter and backsplash. Brig one of the doors with you when you go to look at the granite yard and see what compliments it best. Then get a sample of the stone and head to the tile store, dont try it alone its easy to get overwhelmed. Find a pro int he store who is passionate about helping. Spend sometime here on houzz and create an ideabook for just back splashes (bring it with you on your ipad, or email it in advance to the tile store)

For the flooring as suggested you need something lighter so the cabinetry has contrast and pops. you want your attention to go to the counter and backspash vs the floor. Lighter is easier to maintain in a kitchen you will get scratches and the lighter will be easier to maintain also. Look for a product with a high warranty is going to get a lot of traffic.

Hardware will change the personality greatly look for something that works with the holes you currently have and if needed there are escutcheons if you have an odd size.

Good luck !
0 Likes   March 17, 2013 at 5:00AM
laurae1967
I love the photo someone posted of slate gray tiles and crisp stainless steel sink with the type of cabinets you have. It would look good.
0 Likes   March 17, 2013 at 5:05AM
laurae1967
The photo Barnhart posted of the laundry room is the look I really like.
0 Likes   March 17, 2013 at 5:06AM
HELP HELP PLEASE !! Trim color - to match cabinet color=
Please- help me, I am going to have a large built-in...
I need help! Kitchen floors and cabinet help please!!
We just bought our first home and have decided to...
need help with kitchen cabinet color......PLEASE HELP
Just bought this house and the kitchen was updated...
Need help please in picking wood cabinets
Great room, kitchen and dining room all open. Great...
Saying Goodbye to Sentimental Objects
I read the article on the ten steps to saying goodbye...
Our kitchen in new condo
Kitchen has blonde flooring,blonde cabinets, do gray...
Flooring ideas for a garage office
Hi, I am looking for some inexpensive flooring options...
tv
In a family room with the main focal point being a...
Bedspreads (teenage girl)
I am 13 years old and want to change my room. I have...