I want to have my 6 dining room chairs covered to get an updated look for my kitchen table. What would you sug
Erin
I have 6 chairs. My kitchen and dining is 1 area. There are skylights and windows as well.
soberg
What colors are nearby? Are you trying to match anything? Will you have a rug?

The chair fabric need to be chosen in context. In interiors, you need 1-3 star/focal/prominent objects ("A" players) per room, like a fabulous chandelier or fireplace or incredible rug or bold draperies, then 30% "B" players and the balance "C" - neutral/background.

To upholster chairs, first decide where your "A" players are, then go from there. Right now your chairs are wearing fabric which makes them "C" players...which is fine if you already have other stars. But if most of your color/interest in the dining room needs to come from the chairs, the fabric choice will be very different.
0 Likes   March 17, 2013 at 9:07AM
Leyla Erdem
i suggest you
to cover them with leather,it is so easy to clean and they will look better as they get older.......
0 Likes   March 17, 2013 at 9:10AM
Erin
My room color is Maison Blanche. My granite pic is posted as well. I don't like curtains as I love natural light. Also have not thought about a rug. I didn't think it was an option since the kitchen and dining is 1 area. My granite has gray, bright orange, light orange in it. I would love recommendations on a chandelier too. I will post more pics.
0 Likes   March 17, 2013 at 9:21AM
soberg
You definitely can have a rug for just the dining area. I like rug there as long as you don't have messy eaters (toddlers etc.) at the table. Perfectly fine for kitchen to be bare boards, or have a little kitchen mat, and dining to have a nice area rug.
1 Like   March 17, 2013 at 10:31AM
Design Solutions KGP
Sounds like your kitchen is light and bright. Finding a fun print with similar colors as your counters would be nice. Look for Crypton fabric in a great print it holds up to kids and pets. http://www.cryptonfabric.com/
0 Likes   October 6, 2014 at 12:32PM
I would leave the chairs as is and find that special

0 Likes   October 6, 2014 at 12:43PM
Maureen
I think something with orange and grey.
];
0 Likes   October 6, 2014 at 12:53PM
bgfuqua
older post
0 Likes   October 6, 2014 at 1:17PM
PREPAINT WALL PREP
I would like feedback from pro painters and very experienced...
Family Room Ideas
We are set to close on this house next week. We actually...
BIG BLANK WALL HELP!!
We have this big blank wall in our living room an we...
Christmas Decor
Don't really have any extra money for decorations this...
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...