Front Room Ideas

JanetMarch 17, 2013
We need help decorating our sitting room. We do have dark leather furniture but don't know if it goes?
tayloch
Have you just painted?
    Bookmark   March 18, 2013 at 8:26AM
Janet
We painted and then got new flooring. We aren't happy with the floor color and now don't really know what to do with the room. It all starts with new windows and now a full room Reno. We had picked a darker color floor but this was installed instead so now it doesn't really seem to match the plans we had for the room. We want to use it more for a sitting room. We don't want a tv in it
Any decorating ideas would be appreciated...colors, furniture, pictures etc. we do have dark leather furniture but we are not opposed to getting different stuff
    Bookmark   March 18, 2013 at 8:12PM
mpoulsom
I think the leather furniture would be fine, but I think I would paint the bottom half of the wall the solid lighter color of the trim in the room. I think some more whites, creams and true blues would look nice with your color scheme in there. And some natural textured accents.
1 Like    Bookmark   March 18, 2013 at 8:29PM
mpoulsom
Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC. · More Info
]
1 Like    Bookmark   March 18, 2013 at 8:39PM
Janet
Should I have an rug in the room...should it be a solid color or have a pattern
    Bookmark   March 18, 2013 at 9:04PM
Modern Age Designs, LLC
what other colors do you have in mind. I would soften it by putting a nice shag rug in the floor to continue that trim color on the floor. Since you said you wont be opposed to other furniture options, I would suggest that you keep that leather chair as an accent chair and have something with fabric.
I have attached two different sofas. The lighter colored one would look nice with the leather chair. The other is a suggestion as shown in the picture and would not have the leather chair.

When you do put your curtains, I would put to two stationary panels on the outside of the bay window hung from floor to ceiling, not obstructing the view. If you would like to have privacy you can have bamboo shades. that add texture and interest.

I hope it helped.
    Bookmark   March 18, 2013 at 9:17PM
Janet
I like the cream coloured sofa..maybe the black leather chair or we have a love seat as well. We would like a coffee table ..maybe something dark wood. I could put the accent colors on the coffee table and end tables..blues, Browns and creams. Do you think it would be too much? Unfortunately I can't imagine it..I need a picture and then can say ya I like it.....
    Bookmark   March 18, 2013 at 9:39PM
Janet, you need professional help. If you didn't get the floor you picked out, you should not pay them and / or you should complain until they fix it.
    Bookmark   March 18, 2013 at 9:59PM
Janet
I wish I could blame it on someone but the floor is our own fault. I settled when I shoulda stuck to my original plan
    Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 4:55PM
Interiors International, Inc.
A cool rug will fix the floor it really isn't distracting. It may not be what you planned but it certainly isn't bad. Your dark leather should look good in the room.
    Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 5:00PM
Janet
Any suggestions or pictures of what kind of rug I should get
    Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 9:16PM
Front Door color help, LR color & design ideas, kitchen cabinets?
White house with green shutters and red front door....
Realtor, Coldwell Banker Real Estate Services
Front room furniture ideas? Essentials and LAYOUT?
Just purchased this home. I'm shopping for a sofa...
lindseyray
need ideas for front family room
love the new greys whites and Blacks. need ideas.
Penny Price
Front entryway ideas
Hey all. I am looking for help with what to do with...
volcom328
A Hare-y bedroom
Im about to embark on designing this bedroom. I have...
toatsmcgoats
Painting kitchen cabinets--have to laquer? How?
Can I just have my wood cabinets painted, or do they...
cxg2
Our guest toilet
What design of mirror would suit such a space above...
kslouca home owner
Kitchen Countertop Choice Making Me Crazy
I initiated this discussion in the comments section...
sfskies
Our new house
What to do with this beast?? All suggestions welcome!...
christinedrayer