Help! 90 year old mother wants new coffee table!
pedalva
I have no photos to share because I don't know where to begin. My 90 year old mother wants to replace an amazing solid walnut round coffee table in her living room with an oval one with a metal frame. She does not want it to be too ornate but I also know she doesn't want anything too modern in her very early American, traditional home. She has a camel back sofa, oriental rugs and wing chairs in the room. She does not do "the internets" but asked me to find something for her. Ack!! Could you all give me some suggestions? I stand to get the round walnut table in exchange (yay!)
shelby1175
round is so she doesn't keep banging her legs
March 17, 2013 at 4:52pm     
pedalva
I think she is looking toward to a time when she may not be as mobile and would need the room for a wheelchair or scooter.
March 17, 2013 at 5:56pm   
Can't find the exact table I am looking for, but this is the idea. When she is sitting on her sofa, the coffee table pops up to allow her to snack in front of the t v. And she can keep her books, of needlepoint, cross word puzzles right with her. I know there is one which is more traditional looking, but can't find it.

March 17, 2013 at 6:03pm   
Never underestimate the spunkiness of 90 year old mothers. Mine started a hot romance with the gentleman down the hall at her retirement community, which lasted five years. Does yours want a glass coffee table in an oval metal frame? Or something else?
March 17, 2013 at 6:03pm     
feeny, does her Mom want the guy under glass and framed in metal? Like a pheasant?
March 17, 2013 at 6:05pm     
pedalva
Thank you for all your suggestions ! Feeny is right - never underestimate the spunk of a 90 year old! Yes, she definitely wants a coffee table that has a metal frame. Beyond that, your guess is as good as mine.
March 17, 2013 at 7:01pm     
Jayme H.
How about this one...coffeetableshowroom.com
March 17, 2013 at 7:43pm     
Front of House HELP!
Looking for advice as to how to update the front of...
Help!
How do I make this exterior more appealing or cozy?...
Need to pick a runner for L-O-N-G hallway
I have two dogs with really serious back problems so...
Need help for new exterior paint color
My husband built this A Frame in the 70's and we are...