Would you enclose this "pass through window"between kitchen and dining area?
julia82
We have just bought an end -unit one- level townhouse with a large amount of wonderful window space including bay windows, on three sides. The L shaped kitchen opens to a family room and eating area. There's a pass through window above the sink that opens up to a formal dining room/living room. I would like to close the cut out and add a shorter cabinet over the sink, since we are planning to do some remodeling of the kitchen area anyway--new cabinet doors, expanded island and new countertops. Kitchen cabinet space is minimal. I don't like pass through windows. My husband doesn't want to give it up because he thinks it would cut out too much light. I think three pass through windows make sense for an inside townhouse but we have lots of light along the side of the house. I realize kitchen sinks are best situated under a window, but an inside window? Yechh. Assuming I successfully attached photos, I hope you can see how light filled the place is and how unnecessary the kitchen pass through window is. ( I might have attached the same photo twice, sorry I can't seem to remove it. ) Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.
House of Holland - TX
Hmmm. Don't see the photos.
March 20, 2013 at 1:07AM   
I think this was posted on another thread and answered...
March 20, 2013 at 1:09AM   
doesn't really help with multiple posts of the same dilemma.
March 20, 2013 at 5:55AM   
Help! I made a BIG mistake!
Hi, Since purchasing my new leather couch, I now have...
Help - Exposed Brick Gone Wrong
Hello All - Today I finally had the courage to get...
what color couch for a green living room
I have a small apt. and have to decide the color of...
Please help with window treatment
I started sewing these curtains but I hate the fabric...
Area rug for bedroom
I need help finding a nice area rug to go in my Master...