Curtains for opaque windows in small bedroom
Alison
Hi, any ideas on how to hang some curtains in this bedroom? The windows are opaque glass, which is fine in winter and at night as it's quite dark and obviously no one can see in (I can't see out either :( ) but it's getting quite bright now. I was thinking of using Ikea deka clips (?) but not sure. Help!
Alison
mpoulsom
Barnhart...you always have a great idea about moving the bed! :) excellent suggestion!

Those sliding panels that IKEA has would look great there. Something VERY simple. I love the way the bedroom looks now. Very simplistic and I would keep it that way, but if the light is really bothering you I understand.

I think I would use black or whatever color your window frame is as well.
March 18, 2013 at 8:49AM     
Alison
Yes, I could possibly, but it might be a bit of a squeeze - see here for the floor plan and more pics (is bedroom 1) - is not this flat but same layout).
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-25045338.html

The wardrobe is currently in the "alcove" bit (partition wall only - am tempted to knock it down, but then would be a mess in terms of the fitted carpet)...
March 18, 2013 at 8:50AM   
Alison
Simplistic is right - mainly because I haven't had been there long and most of the furniture is second-hand (my favourite is the old school desk I'm using as a dresser)... Window frames are sort of battleship grey/navy
March 18, 2013 at 8:52AM     
Madeline
By changing the bed does the curtain question go away. I would hand panels on each side of the window from just below the ceiling. Grommet panels are very popular now and can be found on all of the usual shopping sites like overstock.com, etc. Since the glass is opaque there's no need to have the ability to cover the entire window. Just choose for example a 50" wide panel in a fabric that works with your bed covering. Should you wish more design advice about your furnishings etc, just ask and usually houzzers will come to your aid. By moving your bed to the wall under the window the bonus is you won't have to deal with the differences in height due to your sloping ceiling.
March 18, 2013 at 8:55AM   
Debra Gunstanson
If you don't like curtains.
1 thing you can do is put up fabric just loop it.
2 add greenery faux of course over the windows I am sorry to me it just needs something
March 18, 2013 at 9:04AM   
mpoulsom
Madeline, I think the brightness is a problem for her...fyi

Well Alison, I love the simple look! ha! You have some great second hand things! If the light wasn't a problem I would just add artwork and a fun rug to the side of the bed, but I know you need to darken the place a bit.
Do you know what I'm talking about, the flat sliding panel things from IKEA? Are those the clips you are referring to. If it is, I think that would be awesome. They may even have a dark gray? I'll see if we are talking about the same thing.
BUT, if you want to soften it up, then do the curtain panels from ikea...they are great for the money and are pretty heavy duty. I have the MERETE curtains and love them.
March 18, 2013 at 9:06AM   
Debra Gunstanson
Maybe the greenery in that corner I like the bed and your colors Are good after looking at pic again I think loops and greenery in corner
March 18, 2013 at 9:08AM   
Alison
No, the brightness thing is in the morning! Just the natural light is interrupting my sleep :) So moving the bed wouldn't change that.

I'm going travelling soon so hoping to pick up soon cool artwork to give it a bit more character. But in the meantime I do need something so I can sleep! What I had in mind were the deka/diginett Ikea curtain hangers maybe ? http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40078030/ but then I don't know, with the bed right next to the wall it'd get a bit annoying I think if I have fabric curtains, unless they were really short, and I think that would look a bit odd too as I'm not sure they would hang nicely... *confused* ha ha!

Are these the sort of panels you mean, mpoulson? http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40078134/#/20078111
I quite like that idea... Otherwise the flooring in the rest of the flat is bamboo so maybe those old school slats might be an option?
March 18, 2013 at 9:15AM     
mpoulsom
The curtain panels I'm thinking of are called Ingamaj Panel Curtains that slide along a track on top and bottom. They come in patterns and then just woven colors...I saw black and gray, but you could also do a pop of color up there and it would look good. Just depends on your preference.
Another idea: If you have to leave the bed there, maybe you could do curtain panels just on the right side from ceiling to floor. That way the light wouldn't be on your face so much. You could always pull them back from the center to the wall on that side when wanting more light. It would add a little drama to the room if that's what you are looking for??
March 18, 2013 at 9:20AM   
Alison
I like that idea! I sense a trip to Ikea coming on... Thanks :)
March 18, 2013 at 9:32AM     
mpoulsom
you could always do roll up bamboo stick blinds i guess....i just love the flat curtain panel thingys on the track! :)
March 18, 2013 at 9:34AM   
Small corner windows. One more curtain panel? Longer curtains?
My bedroom has two small windows each is 45"w by 40"...
Help with a small single bedroom with small window
My house is Georgian, however I have one small single...
Need help with curtains for small window on eighter side of bay window
This curtain shown in picture has just been hung. Need...
ceiling fan or overhead light in spare bedrooms?
We have 3 spare bedrooms and are wondering if we should...
Old bureau into bathroom vanity?
I apologize for the poor quality of the pictures. I...
Curtain panel selection-
Which is a better fit for this place? The beige or...
Front Door Makeover
Our indoor renovation is completed and now we are on...
Micro Home Construction
My husband and I have a rough draft we designed for...