Need help selecting a paint color
Suzanne Melges
This room currently has yellow/gold paint on walls. I am looking to make it more neutral. What is a good warm neutral color that goes well with dark trim & windows? There is a lot of natural light in this room. The furniture will be cream tones & wood.
Debra Gunstanson
Grey is a great color I used 3 diff shades with white trim a large rug maybe round
0 Likes   March 18, 2013 at 12:36PM
carolins
Will you be keeping the carpet?

Sherwin-Williams have divided their paint colours up in cool neutrals, warm neutrals etc. May be a start for you to choose: http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/
0 Likes   March 18, 2013 at 12:56PM
carolins
Forgot to add: I like Macademia by SW for instance.

Some examples in rooms: http://www.houzz.com/macadamia-sherwin-williams
0 Likes   March 18, 2013 at 12:58PM
Amit Malhotra
Off white
0 Likes   March 18, 2013 at 1:01PM
moccasinlanding
IMHO, you can paint that raised ceiling a nice haint blue, very soft, also very traditional as a ceiling color on open porches. Then the walls can be chosen from the Pottery Barn pallet of tuned colors, which I think might suit your style, if the white sofa is yours. These colors live well with a casual lifestyle. And those tall ceilings call for a great live plant in there, filling up all that beautiful headroom.
0 Likes   March 18, 2013 at 1:11PM
moccasinlanding
Oh yeah. Forgot to add, replace that carpet with wood, or with laminate if not wood. Carpet is way too troublesome for such a space, with all its great light.
0 Likes   March 18, 2013 at 1:12PM
moccasinlanding
Another observation: If you feel the need for window coverings for any reason, I have two thoughts.
Mount rods for plain drapes at the height of the upper windows on the wall behind the sofa. Run the rods so the curtains stack in the corner entirely off the windows. Then extend the rods across that magnificent gable wall at the same height as the other wall, and allow those curtains to stack in the corner as well, off the windows entirely. Ignore the upper portion of the gable. This can be done fairly inexpensively if you get tensioned wires (multi-strand, even IKEA sells those). But keep your option to fully expose the windows.

Depending on what purpose this room serves, you might need to cover the entire window, for either watching TV (but I'd try someplace else if TV inhibited full enjoyment of this space)....or maybe keeping it cool in the summer, warm in winter. Or for privacy. In that case, I really really recommend plantation shutters. The lower windows can each have a single shutter with the tilt bars on the sides, not the middle as is traditional. The upper windows on the side wall should each have a separate shutter of their own, which can tilt freely and open when cleaning the glass. Then they make shutters for such shapes as your middle window on the gable wall, with a portion of the space not operable but the whole shutter can swing open for window cleaning. Depending on the width of that arched window, it might be a pair of shutters there. I recommend WHITE satin enamel for the shutter paint.
If you do not wish to paint the woodwork or window frames, you might finish the shutters similarly. Make that choice before you buy the shutters, because painting them later on will be a tough job.
0 Likes   March 18, 2013 at 1:31PM
I TRULY need help in selecting paint colors and Everything else!! PLEASE help.
I just purchased SW paint and I need some real help...
mysterlingimage
Need help selecting exterior paint and interior paint colors
We are building a colonial-style house and are thinking...
slm49
I need help selecting paint colors!!
I have a 1955 ranch house that has the feeling of a...
rm2000hg
Need help selecting kitchen paint color
Cabinet tops are wedge wood blue. What color scheme...
Joyce Whalin
Need help selecting paint colors
What are the exterior colors used in this home?
meredithpr3
PLEASE...help in choosing granite/ quartz countertops and backsplash
Thank you in advance for your help! We have been...
puffnstuff
55 days and counting till baby arrives. Need nursery help ASAP!
My baby is on his way in less than two months, and...
Kim Meehardt
Hate my new granite!!! This whole process has been a nightmare :(
I'm really trying not to get so worked up about this,...
mhaber22
need help with living room
I have these two round rugs and a large square one...
Misha Elliott
Need help on retaining wall, what to do
I have a 30 meter long and 4 meter high retaining wall...
tjhanekom