Window drapery/blind ideas
cmaher421
any ideas for window/ drapery treatments that will spruce up my apartment
Fenstermann LLC
Your space looks pretty good, I think a complimenting color would definitely help break up all of the brown. Deep reds, oranges, yellows, whites and creams and even some shade of blue for the shade. Get some pillow to match the new color you choose.
March 19, 2013 at 10:18am     
melcasd
Think function first... Do the treatments need to open and close? I would consider mounting some blinds on the inside and choosing a color that blends with the wall. This is a clean contemporary look and will not cost a fortune. Later if you think it is too plain you can add a valance or side panels. Look at wood blinds 2" they tilt to open and close , not a great choice if you have a view and want a clear window,or pleated shades that can go up and down.
March 19, 2013 at 5:37pm     
If you want to control the amount of light coming into your apt., then I'd choose faux wood blinds, which can be tilted to give you the amount of light you want. They're inexpensive and sturdy. I'd get them in the color of your window trim (white).

That will leave you a better budget for things that will make a bigger impact on your enjoyment of your apartment. These items would include an area rug, lamps (floor or table), artwork for the wall, and colored pillows for the sofa. Ikea is a wonderful source if there is one near you. I also very much like West Elm, cb2, Z Gallerie, and Crate & Barrel, plus best of all, locally owned independent stores.
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID "Watermark" Abstract Art The American Home Rug Company Beach Boardwalk Stripes Yellow Rug Turquoise Blue Peacock Feather Linen Pillow Case By Giardino Tripod Floor Lamp
March 19, 2013 at 6:17pm     
The Blind Lady with Shades
I would use a natural shade by Horizon or a Relaxed Roman Shade.
March 20, 2013 at 5:44am     
laurakdesigns
Try panels in a subtle linen print. Then when you move they are easily moved with you. I would create them full length with large hems so you can use again. Blinds are too expensive -- but if you need them for privacy get cheap honeycomb in ivory & put the panels up too. A black simple rod looks great too
March 20, 2013 at 6:09am     
lululurain
That linen/burlap color would be great in any covering. Try lifting your eye up to those nice large windows and bring some balance to the heavy furniture. Browns and tan with a splash of bright color would be nice if you just used a valance or cornice boards. Love the pic with the roman shade and color in drapes and pillows.
March 20, 2013 at 6:40am   
A. Peltier Interiors
It would be a great place to add some pattern and color. You could get something nice for very little amount of money by buying ready made. What other colors do you like and what type of patterns?
March 21, 2013 at 7:42am   
Shades IN Place
Some good advices above. Make sure to select something that will work on BOTH WINDOWS as the are very close to each other.Believe it or not these two windows in the photo below have 7" of difference in height.
March 21, 2013 at 8:29am     
Aegean Designing Whims
It's hard to tell if you have blinds up now, but if this is indeed an apartment and you want to keep your investment down, I'd add drapery panels in a pattern that can be used for pillows for your sofa. Chrysteen
March 21, 2013 at 10:58am   
cmaher421
thank you for all of the suggestions... i am leaning towards either white or brown faux wood blinds or the sheer look of honeycomb shades, not sure yet. As far as colors i have very plain taste , tans, whites, yellows, or more earthy colors.
March 23, 2013 at 5:27pm     
Finishing kitchen
Hello almost done kitchen any advice to pull it together?...
Privacy for Guests using Murphy Bed
We've been invited to redesign a Grand Rapids condo...
Fireplace Frustration
Hi! Looking for suggestions on what to do with this...