Please help. Do you own a french bistro chair? I have a measurement question.
msbeeees
Could you please do me a favor and measure across the front legs at floor level.

Or does anyone know how I can get this measurement? I've called a few places and they have not been helpful. LOL...Im starting to wonder if an attitude comes along with this chair :)

We would love to have the chair below for our kitchen table. Our table is an old round oak table with four lions heads and paws as the table legs. I would prefer that the chairs not stick out a lot from the table and we also like to put the chairs between the feet of the table as opposed to over the feet. The chairs I currently have at the table measure 15 1/2" across the front legs at floor level and the chairs stick out from the table much too much. We tried an old Thonet bentwood chair which has a measurement of 13" across the front legs at floor level, and this seems like the perfect measurement. I will settle for bentwood chairs if I have to but ...LOL...covet the below chair. Also does anyone have a suggestion for another chair? We are even considering stools/ottomans.

Another thought is a ghost chair because it will allow the base of the table to be seen. Does anyone have the measurement i'm looking for of the Victoria Ghost chair?

Thanks in advance for all your help.
http://i-cdn.apartmenttherapy.com/uimages/ny/1chaise-1900-en.jpg
rinqreation
Take your tape measurer to a store and find out ;)
March 19, 2013 at 4:14AM     
handymam
I am a little confused. The chair you posted has the measurements with it. Just see by measuring your space if it will fit under your table. It won't do you good for anyone here to give you meansurements of their chair, I am pretty sure all bistro chairs are not made to one size.
March 19, 2013 at 4:20AM     
msbeeees
Unfortunately there are no stores in my area that carry either chair.

The measurement are for the seat. The bottom measurement across the front legs are hopefully narrower then the seat. They are in a number of my chair that I currently own.
March 19, 2013 at 4:28AM   
handymam
In the pic you posted, unfortunately, the legs at the bottom look as wide as the seat, not narrower.
March 19, 2013 at 4:34AM     
msbeeees
Thanks handyman. It was probably just wishful thinking. I thought maybe they were narrower :(
March 19, 2013 at 4:56AM   
handymam
Well, somewhere, there might be some, so don't give up hope. But get some paper, and make a template of the space under the table, and take it with you when you go chair shopping. Then you will know for sure if it fits.
March 19, 2013 at 5:17AM   
msbeeees
Great idea handyman. Although one of my big problems is that there are not many stores in my area so I'm shopping on-line and by phone.
March 19, 2013 at 5:30AM   
0825sam
March 19, 2013 at 5:37AM   
Judy M
http://www.hayneedle.com/sale/parisallweatherwickersidechair.cfm

This web site has an option that you can email questions about items.
March 19, 2013 at 5:42AM   
msbeeees
No I haven't tried restoration hardware. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give them a try. But what I have found out is that the measurement I'm looking for is normally not listed. To be honest if I hadn't tried a number of chairs between these v-shaped table legs I wouldn't have realized that chair legs are sometimes narrower then the seat.
March 19, 2013 at 5:46AM   
Bachelor's First Condo HELP!!
Mid 20s young professional who just recently purchased...
help with contemporary update to this traditional exterior
traditional exterior home renovation with contemporary...
weather new wood
How do you get that grey weathered look on new wood?...
Need help choosing a backsplash
Attached is a photo of my kitchen. There currently...
Drape-gate
Due to a Houzz issue and amount of comments on the...