Does this fabric work with my bedding?
wickedwhiteMarch 19, 2013
I'm considering adding some pillows to my bed with this khanjali fabric. Does it work? Also looking for advice on what size pillows to use and placement. I don't want to overwhelm the bed with too many cushions!

m cowan
Looks good ....add two larger w elephant in the middle
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 4:42AM
wickedwhite
Thank you. I love the print! Should they be square? Placed in front of the blue ones? Or replacing the blue ones?
    Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 4:44AM
m cowan
I was thinking square in front of current pillows... But then I thought of two large euro pillows behind the current blue ..... I love the pattern!
    Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 4:54AM
JMittman Designs
Fabrics are great. What size is the bed? I would incorporate a 2-3 euro's, a couple 20", and a neckroll. Look at Eastern Accents online--lots of bedding arrangements.
    Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 5:01AM
wickedwhite
Great ideas. I like the euro idea. Bed is queen size. Will that work?
    Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 5:25AM
JMittman Designs
Here is a photo of bedding I did for a client's queen bed. We are adding three 20 inch pillow to replace that single square one in the middle (it goes on a chair), but you may like this look with less pillows.
1 Like    Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 5:47AM
wickedwhite
I think that's a few too many pillows for my boyfriend. :) Do you think the Euro shams would look good? Or do you prefer two smaller square ones in front of the current blue ones?
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 6:31AM
there was some movie way back when with Jennifer Anniston who would meticulously make the bed with umpteen pillows and it really struck me how day to day life isn't like that. I now use two large rectangular pillows, two smaller rectangular pillows and then add three square cushions in front. I actually use the 4 pillows and discard the 3 cushions at night. Basically what is the maximum amount of energy you are willing to spend making and unmaking the bed vs the finished look - and how often do you make the bed (sorry but this is a pragmatic answer!)
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 6:38AM
aniluap2
I love the look of a long bolster pillow the width of the bed laid in front of your shams with the elephant leaning in front. The fabric works nicely. You could just buy a cylinder of foam from a foam supplier, stich a cylinder sleeve for it , a little longer than the foam, and tie the ends up with a decorative blue cord with tassels on the end. (The type they use for curtain tie backs)
1 Like    Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 6:45AM
aniluap2
Look up belle notte bed linens, they incorporate these in their line. Very beautiful an very$$$$
    Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 6:46AM
gailz
Here's an idea...3 euro's in back.
8 Likes    Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 6:58AM
Julie Thome Draperies, Inc.
Agree with 2 or 3 euros, is your bed a standard full size? think there may only be room for 2 euros?
    Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 7:02AM
wickedwhite
My bed is queen size. So would 2 or 3 euros work best? Anilup2 -- a long bolster is a good idea too!
    Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 7:14AM
Julie Thome Draperies, Inc.
The repeat on you fabric might look best on a euro.
1 Like    Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 7:17AM
wickedwhite
Good point ASVInteriors. We make the bed every morning, but I don't like to fuss with too many pillows. And I'm not sure where to store them overnight? We don't have a lot of extra space in the room!
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 7:17AM
aniluap2
Queen fits 2 euro shams and king fits 3. A long bench at the end of the bed is a perfect place to store pillows overnight
1 Like    Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 7:25AM
wickedwhite
What is a standard Euro size? 22 square inches? 25? We don't have a lot of space at the end of the bed. The closet is directly in front of the bed. We need room to open the doors.
    Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 7:29AM
JMittman Designs
I personally prefer Euro's--they add more interest. The forms are 26x26. Final size can vary depending on whether you have trim, flange etc. You could put two euros in the back.
Bolsters the length of the bed are luxurious. It would look rather stiff with just foam and no padding. Not so easy to construct.
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 7:35AM
wickedwhite
Should I do a contrasting piping on them? If so, what colour? Thanks for all the great input!
1 Like    Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 7:39AM
JMittman Designs
Solid blue. Also popular to do piping with no cord--a flat welt--about 1/2 inch wide. A pretty look.
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 7:51AM
gailz
This bed is a California King so 3 work
    Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 8:02AM
aniluap2
I agree with the blue. Also jmittman Douglas is right about a foam bolster looking too stiff. I looked online and you can purchase down mix bolsters relatively inexpensively about 30" long and if the ends below the tie point are about 4"" it would work well on a queen. Just a thought.
    Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 8:22AM
wickedwhite
I think I'm leaning towards two Euro shams. I'm a little worried they'll cover too much of my linen headboard though. I don't want to hide it! I love it so much. Here's what two smaller squares would look like (pls ignore the print.). What size works best? Pls advise.
3 Likes    Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 5:05PM
Julie Thome Draperies, Inc.
Id sooner see the bolster rather than those 2 small ones. Preferably the euro's. If your repeat is large, you need to be able to see the pattern. How high is your headboard? Remember a euro is 26x26 BUT when it's filled it actually takes up less space than 26x26 because now it is 3D if you get what I'm saying...it is going to be more like 22" high.
1 Like    Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 5:15PM
wickedwhite
My headboard is about 29.5 inches high in the centre and about 27 high on the ends.
    Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 5:43PM
wickedwhite
My current blue ones are 20 high by 30 wide, but as you say they flatten a bit when plumped.
    Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 5:44PM
wickedwhite
So do we agree that two Euros will be a good fit?
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 20, 2013 at 4:34AM
aniluap2
Yes. It will be perfect
    Bookmark   March 20, 2013 at 7:29AM
wickedwhite
So I just ordered two khanjali pillow covers and picked up two inserts tonight. I think I need three! What do you guys think?
1 Like    Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 4:15PM
aniluap2
Yes it looks like you do need three.i don't think those look like euroshams because on my queens I only need 2
1 Like    Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 8:01PM
wickedwhite
They're 25x25. I think a Euro is 26x26. Not sure one inch would have made that much difference?
    Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 8:30PM
mjmil
I love the fabrics you have chosen. It looks like you need 3 euro's. You are definetly on the right path.
1 Like    Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 8:42PM
aniluap2
Maybe it's because the shams have a wide flange around the edge that makes them wide enough for the queen because I've only ever seen 2 on a queen and 3 for a king.
    Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 8:56PM
gailz
Three is the way to go!
    Bookmark   March 23, 2013 at 7:12AM
three is not a crowd here!
    Bookmark   March 23, 2013 at 8:45AM
slokar2
I think adding two larger geometric type of design pillows would look fab, and add some life to the room. I would change the frames above your bed to white. Beautiful room by the way
    Bookmark   March 23, 2013 at 8:55AM
aniluap2
Are those shams square? Don't mean to be a pest but if you look at beds,in say,the west elm/ pottery barn catalog which use queen size beds for photo shoots they all have 2 euroshams and that size fits my queen beds perfectly. I guess it doesn't really matter, if the shams covers are being custom made and not commercially bought. If you are using those inserts I would say definitely three.
    Bookmark   March 23, 2013 at 9:06AM
wickedwhite
The inserts I posted here aren't true Euros. Mine are 25x25 sofa pillows. I wanted them a little smaller because I didn't want to hide the linen headboard too much. I'm thinking three will be a good fit, if I can get a third sham ordered! Fingers crossed.
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 23, 2013 at 4:07PM
wickedwhite
Hi skolar2. I agree white picture frames might be a better fit for the room, but I like the black frames on the black and white photography.
    Bookmark   March 23, 2013 at 4:10PM
wickedwhite
Are these pillows a better option than the khanjali? Or are they too bold?
    Bookmark   March 30, 2013 at 6:46AM
gailz
Not too bold. But u need one more in front. Odd numbers work best ( in my opinion of course).
    Bookmark   April 1, 2013 at 5:03PM
wickedwhite
My pillow covers arrived today. The middle insert is two inches two small.. So it should look a little fuller once I get the right size. What do you think? Something looks off to me..?
1 Like    Bookmark   April 25, 2013 at 7:11AM
wickedwhite
Also got one for the chair.
    Bookmark   April 25, 2013 at 7:12AM
gailz
I tank you are right about the insert. Once you get the larger one the back row will look good. I think your front pillow is too small....try switching it with the one on the chair for purposes of scale.
    Bookmark   April 25, 2013 at 7:16AM
wickedwhite
Better?
4 Likes    Bookmark   April 25, 2013 at 7:34AM
armygirl1987
I like the elephant pillow
    Bookmark   April 25, 2013 at 7:50AM
wickedwhite
I know! I love the elephant pillow too. Maybe it's the blue pillows or the throw? It all just looks a little too soft to me now.
1 Like    Bookmark   April 25, 2013 at 10:18AM
armygirl1987
Too soft the elephant broke it up and not too matchy
1 Like    Bookmark   April 25, 2013 at 3:26PM
brody1313
Is the bottom of your curtain blue or gray?.....try doing all white pillows w/one small accent blue or gray pillow.....elephant? to pull in the color of your curtain...you now have the combination of sizes right..3,2,1,...not sure the colors are right......I prefer the bed without the throw......I got a small washable bath mat the exact color of my bed cover and my kitty slept at the foot of the bed just like yours!!!!! for me, I think the lamps are off.....the clear glass is getting lost...........love the headboard!!
    Bookmark   April 25, 2013 at 3:52PM
wickedwhite
Here's the right insert. Fit is better I think.
2 Likes    Bookmark   April 25, 2013 at 5:23PM
armygirl1987
Yes, love that.
    Bookmark   April 25, 2013 at 5:25PM
wickedwhite
Hi brody1313. I will try white shams instead of the light blue. The bottom of the curtain is a silvery blue. The elephant is blue. Do you think they work together? The throw is really just to keep the cats off the coverlet! I don't mind losing it. What lamps do you suggest?
1 Like    Bookmark   April 25, 2013 at 5:30PM
gailz
I also liked the elephant fabric....the switch was for the purpose of scale only.
    Bookmark   April 26, 2013 at 6:43AM
wickedwhite
Gailz -- do you find the elephant too small? I could change the two blue ones for standard size. They are currently queen. What do you think about white shams instead of the blue? I'm also thinking skolar2 had a point. Those photo frames would look better in white..
    Bookmark   April 26, 2013 at 9:51AM
wickedwhite
Found some white pillow covers. Is it an improvement over the blue? They also sell a matching white bed skirt.
3 Likes    Bookmark   June 16, 2013 at 1:30PM
wickedwhite
I also found a steely blue that picks up on the silk curtains. Which do you prefer? They also sell the matching bed skirt in this one.
    Bookmark   June 16, 2013 at 1:35PM
wickedwhite
Here it is again.
    Bookmark   June 16, 2013 at 1:36PM
armygirl1987
I still like the elephant better. Personally like the first two, think the contrast should be in the small pillow, but I am not a decorator.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 16, 2013 at 2:32PM
Genevieve
Use the elephant in the middle of the other 2

look in here

2 Likes    Bookmark   June 16, 2013 at 3:39PM
mjmil
I prefer the white. It looks so crisp and airy. By the way I also prefer the elephant.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 16, 2013 at 3:42PM
handymam
One elephant pillow, 2 steely blue pillows with the blue skirt would be lovely.
3 Likes    Bookmark   June 16, 2013 at 4:03PM
    Bookmark   June 16, 2013 at 4:16PM
wickedwhite
What is the link? Doesn't seem to open for me...
    Bookmark   June 16, 2013 at 4:23PM
handymam
It was for a gmail account...
    Bookmark   June 16, 2013 at 4:30PM
handymam
Maybe they meant to link to something and it didn't work?
    Bookmark   June 16, 2013 at 4:31PM
mjmil
I am sorry it doesn't open I will see if I can try again.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 16, 2013 at 4:35PM
mjmil
Let's try this again. It is a blog on the beauty of white bedding. http://empressoftheeye.blogspot.com/
1 Like    Bookmark   June 16, 2013 at 4:38PM
wickedwhite
mjmil -- can you pls remove the previous post?
    Bookmark   June 16, 2013 at 4:40PM
handymam
It worked this time mjmil! :) All white can be nice, but it is just so impractical for most people.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 16, 2013 at 4:42PM
wickedwhite
The elephant moved temporarily to the living room. He looks really good on the linen chair in that room. He might find his way back to the bedroom though. :-) Does everyone, except for Handyman, prefer the white shams and bed skirt? Any other votes for the steely blue or the old aqua? I'm definitely keeping the three new euros! I love that fabric.
    Bookmark   June 16, 2013 at 5:27PM
bumblebee728
Love your fabric and a lot of the pillow ideas posted. Here's a photo with a bed-length bolster if you're still interested ( looks like your headboard too):
1 Like    Bookmark   June 16, 2013 at 7:06PM
wickedwhite
Here's the elephant with the white sham. What do people think? I'm not too concerned about keeping the white clean. You can bleach white, and these aren't the pillows we sleep on at night. I'm a little worried the steely blue isn't a close enough match to the curtains. I can keep looking for more blues though if people think that is the way to go.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 17, 2013 at 6:12PM
wickedwhite
Genevieve .. I love your link. That grass cloth is beautiful. Makes the room so cozy.
    Bookmark   June 17, 2013 at 6:13PM
wickedwhite
Hi Bumblebee. I may go the bolster route. Do you think it works with the pattern in the euros?
    Bookmark   June 17, 2013 at 6:14PM
armygirl1987
Yeah, for the elephant.
2 Likes    Bookmark   June 17, 2013 at 6:15PM
wickedwhite
Mjmil... I love the link! White bedding truly is timeless. Crisp and fresh.
    Bookmark   June 17, 2013 at 6:15PM
bumblebee728
Sure, a bed-length bolster will go with the euros! It would be pretty in white or a darker version of one of the other colors in your pattern. I like them because they add an elegant touch.
I too, like an all white bed, with a choice of patterned coverlets or throws that go with the decor in the room, to use when you're in the mood to add color or extra layers to the bed. And when you have shams/euros/accent pillows in white and patterns, you can change your bed up easily for new looks.
    Bookmark   June 17, 2013 at 7:16PM
Nancy Walton
I think you need the contrast of the steely blue shams to make the other pillows stand out.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 17, 2013 at 7:40PM
alexanaf
I think it would like great if you used the steely blue pillow cases and if you can get some extra of the print material and use it as the accent on the bottom of your curtains rather than the blue you have now. I also think that the elephant cusion is great, but you need to incorporate the indian/elephant theme in other decorating accents in the room. I am thinking maybe the images above your bed. If you changed the frames to reflect the yellow golds in the print it would add more drama and warmth to the cooler blues. I think antique looking, probably ornate in a middle eastern/indian style. I would also consider repeating the image of the elephant in the images themselves. I have mocked up what I mean.
2 Likes    Bookmark   June 17, 2013 at 8:00PM
Curb Appeal Renovations
I think this all really depends on how much time you want to spend making and unmaking your bed everyday. I think it will be beautiful anyway you decide.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 17, 2013 at 8:33PM
wickedwhite
I love that elephant print. Is it your own creation?
1 Like    Bookmark   June 18, 2013 at 4:36AM
wickedwhite
I think the rug may not be working in this room with the steely blue. What do people think? Any suggestions?
    Bookmark   June 18, 2013 at 4:37AM
wickedwhite
Hi Nancy,
Part of the problem is that the euro pillows include a soft blue and the curtains are a steely blue. Not sure how to pull the two colours together. Like I said the rug seems to be fighting the overall scheme. It's more tan than beige. What do people think of a different rug? Maybe something like this? http://www.westelm.com/products/jute-boucle-rug-platinum-b744/?pkey=cplatinum-gray-rugs&
Or this? http://www.westelm.com/products/andalusia-dhurrie-feather-gray-ivory-b946/?pkey=cplatinum-gray-rugs&
    Bookmark   June 18, 2013 at 4:10PM
wickedwhite
See what I mean? A lot of different blues already.
    Bookmark   June 18, 2013 at 4:18PM
    Bookmark   June 18, 2013 at 4:30PM
armygirl1987
I like the West Elm rug but that is because I like small rugs in bedroom.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 18, 2013 at 9:52PM
wickedwhite
Maybe I don't the shams at all? How does this look? I'm also considering a more neutral bed skirt. This one picks up on the headboard. Thoughts?

Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 4:25AM
wickedwhite
Alexanaf ..I love that elephant print. Where can I find it?
1 Like    Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 4:26AM
armygirl1987
That looks good to me, simple and the elephant is the quirkiness that is cute
    Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 5:26AM
wickedwhite
Do people like the white and linen bedskirt? Or should I order one that matches the white coverlet? I want to be coordinated but not overly matchy! Thanks
    Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 3:27PM
Nancy Walton
I think the white and linen bedskirt is nice.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 6:05PM
armygirl1987
I like the CAPRI GRAY one
    Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 6:25PM
Nancy Walton
I like the last one, it has some good contrast going on
1 Like    Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 6:28PM
Nancy Walton
Angela did you see the price?!
1 Like    Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 6:29PM
armygirl1987
Rug is hard for me, have to see it in person especially if I have to return, would go local if possible...
    Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 6:29PM
armygirl1987
Nancy-no but she post it so I am assuming she can afford. lol
    Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 6:30PM
armygirl1987
But of course Nancy, I always like expensive stuff.
    Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 6:31PM
wickedwhite
Yeah! Some of these are expensive. I was hoping I could get away with a 5.3" X 7.5", which is affordable. I suppose that's too small though?
1 Like    Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 7:18PM
armygirl1987
Have you tried local and bring the pillows or curtains. with you
    Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 7:30PM
Nancy Walton
Yes, wicked, that would be too small.
    Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 10:36PM
Hayley Finnis
I would get 3 European pillows in a contrasting colour-maybe a lime green or a bright red. Consider the new fret pattern that is popular at the moment or a large floral pattern (not multicoloured just one colour) Place them in a row in front of your current pillows. They will make a statement but in a very simple way.
    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 3:49AM
Hayley Finnis
I would try adding a third picture behind the bed also. You want the artwork to be the same width as your bed to help balance the look.
    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 3:51AM
wickedwhite
Wow Hayley. That's interesting. My current pillows are euros. Are you suggesting the same size? We're you thinking of a print like this? http://www.etsy.com/listing/74720769/kravet-windsor-smith-pelagos-pillow
1 Like    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 4:01AM
wickedwhite
And I never that rule about art above a bed! Would you change the frames to white or antique gold as suggested earlier?
Angela.. Great advice about the rug. I will do some shopping this weekend.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 4:03AM
wickedwhite
What about two rectangular pillows, a few inches bigger than the one below, in that chartreuse fret? Chic? Or busy? I also ordered the white and linen bed skirt last night.
As for the elephant, I like him in the living room. Thoughts?
2 Likes    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 5:09AM
Nancy Walton
Yes, he goes nicely in there. I would suggest 2 regular bed-pillow sized shams in the fretwork, but use a fabric with the fretwork in white against a color. You have too much light-colored bedding, you need some contrast.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 8:35AM
Nancy Walton
2 Likes    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 8:45AM
bumblebee728
The elephant looks perfectly at home in the LR!
2 Likes    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 8:48AM
wickedwhite
Thanks Nancy! Those are beautiful. Such a bold colour, but I think I'm feeling it. I like the way it pulls out the chartreuse in my existing shams and contrasts with the white coverlet. Where did you find the fabrics above? Or what are they called?
2 Likes    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 10:51AM
Nancy Walton
If you Google "trellis fabric" you will find all kinds of sources.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 11:11AM
1 Like    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 11:12AM
wickedwhite
I really like the fret and trellis pattern, but what about this chevron? Too busy? http://www.etsy.com/listing/85415294/zenyatta-mondatta-schumacher-12-x-18-or?ref=market
    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 4:39PM
Nancy Walton
Of the two, I think the second might be the way to go.
    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 4:58PM
wickedwhite
Couple more
http://www.etsy.com/listing/150635713/decorative-pillow-18x18-chartreuse?ref=sr_gallery_18&ga_search_query=chartreuse+pillow&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=CA&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=chartreuse+pillowhttp://www.etsy.com/listing/152010163/chevron-pillow-cover-blue-gray?ref=sr_gallery_18&ga_search_query=chartreuse+pillow&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=CA&ga_page=18&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=chartreuse+pillow http://www.etsy.com/listing/151301927/chartreuse-betwixt-schumacher-pillow?ref=sr_gallery_25&ga_search_query=chartreuse+pillow&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=CA&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=chartreuse+pillow http://www.etsy.com/listing/87982202/chartreuse-decorative-pillow-cover?ref=sr_gallery_42&ga_search_query=chartreuse+pillow&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=CA&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=chartreuse+pillow http://www.etsy.com/listing/97693578/decorator-pillow-throw-pillow-chartreuse?ref=sr_gallery_8&ga_search_query=chartreuse+pillow&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=CA&ga_page=7&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=chartreuse+pillow http://www.etsy.com/listing/125754999/tropical-citrus-lumbar-pillow-cover-12-x?ref=sr_gallery_44&ga_search_query=chartreuse+pillow&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=CA&ga_page=7&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=chartreuse+pillow http://www.etsy.com/listing/125279028/chartreuse-green-pillow16x20-16x24-or?ref=sr_gallery_13&ga_search_query=chartreuse+pillow&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=CA&ga_page=13&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=chartreuse+pillow
    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 5:05PM
Nancy Walton
I like the last one in both postings
    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 5:27PM
wickedwhite
So does my boyfriend! The second one is probably a closer match to the green in my current pillows. The first one really packs a punch though. Which do you prefer?
I must say.. I still really like the last two you posted. Tough choice! How do I choose?
    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 5:34PM
Hayley Finnis
This is what i was imagining
    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 5:44PM
wickedwhite
Hi Hayley. It's difficult to see on my ipad tonight. Looks like three euros exactly the same size as my existine ones in a contrasting red fabric and a bolster in front ?
    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 5:52PM
Nancy Walton
Wicked! Those last two pillows are the same print! I would go with the second one. How do you choose? Just CHOOSE! It's not a crime if you spend a little money on something that isn't QUITE right... just live with it until you find the "perfect" one. After all, "settling" for a fabric that might not be perfect is not the same as "settling" for a man who may not be perfect for you!
1 Like    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 6:14PM
Nancy Walton
How about if you make the trellis print in a long, single cover for two bed pillows to fit in, so it will go almost all of the way across the bed, but you only have to remove one pillow at night instead of two?
1 Like    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 6:16PM
armygirl1987
I like the trellis wicked, good choices.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 6:50PM
Nancy Walton
I think you need the green to make "sense" of the green in the Ikat pillows. You have plenty of blue.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 7:08PM
Nancy Walton
Besides, those pillows bring in grey, which doesn't go with anything in the room.
    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 7:18PM
armygirl1987
No on the last ones
    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 7:47PM
wickedwhite
My boyfriend prefers the blue/grey because of the drapes, but he's willing to try any of the greens. So we are going for it. So many beautiful choices to choose from. I've opened it up to a poll. Pls send me your thoughts! Rug is next on the list. Have a great day ladies!
1 Like    Bookmark   June 21, 2013 at 5:24AM
bumblebee728
If you're interested in a Natural Fiber Rug, Pottery Barn is having a sale on them right now. They even have some color-bound in different blues: a sisal in Metal Gray, a seagrass in Harbor Blue, and a chenille jute ( my fave for a BR ) in Porcelain Blue. You can view them online and then maybe see them in-store. Nice prices.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 21, 2013 at 6:18AM
Nancy Walton
The second one is less than half the price of the first one, and there isn't that much difference in the look of it.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 21, 2013 at 3:54PM
wickedwhite
I found these while I was out shopping today. Does either work?
    Bookmark   June 22, 2013 at 12:11PM
wickedwhite
And with the drapes.
    Bookmark   June 22, 2013 at 12:14PM
Nancy Walton
Either one of them would work, but the green is a little subtle. But the important thing is do YOU like it?
1 Like    Bookmark   June 22, 2013 at 12:44PM
mjmil
I really like the green. The blue looks good also but my preference is the green. I like this green better than all the others you have posted. It is a little more subtle.
    Bookmark   Thanked by wickedwhite    June 22, 2013 at 12:50PM
r2p123
very nice but i would replace the pictures.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 22, 2013 at 12:52PM
armygirl1987
Get them both if you can afford and then just rotate them. LOl
1 Like    Bookmark   June 22, 2013 at 2:22PM
wickedwhite
Hi Nancy. Yes. I do like them.. especially the green. I agree it's a little subtle. It doesn't make as big of a statement as some of the others, but it's very easy to live with. I'll see again in the morning light tomorrow. Thanks to Hayley for suggesting green, and to you for putting me onto such fun patterns!
If I do go with it, I wonder if I could use the blue fabric as well. Maybe as somekind of border..?
    Bookmark   June 22, 2013 at 5:11PM
wickedwhite
r2p123 -- you are so right! I am open to suggestions..
    Bookmark   June 22, 2013 at 5:11PM
Nancy Walton
What about the blue as a flange?
    Bookmark   June 22, 2013 at 6:41PM
wickedwhite
Good idea! What about these frames?

1 Like    Bookmark   June 23, 2013 at 5:06AM
Nancy Walton
You mean to replace above your bed? Looks nice.
    Bookmark   June 23, 2013 at 9:59AM
wickedwhite
Please check out this post for more on my bedroom if you're interested. Thanks!http://www.houzz.com/discussions/526253#1155111
    Bookmark   June 24, 2013 at 3:26AM
wickedwhite
I got my new bed skirt today. It's beautiful, but not sure It works in the room. Thoughts?
    Bookmark   June 25, 2013 at 2:12PM
Nancy Walton
Yes it does. It makes the bed seem finished.
    Bookmark   June 25, 2013 at 3:53PM
Ann
Can you take a picture from the other side of the bed so the natural light from the window will be on the bedskirt? It's tough to see the colors accurately from this shot.
    Bookmark   June 25, 2013 at 3:57PM
wickedwhite
Thanks Nancy. Ann.. Here's another angle. Better?
1 Like    Bookmark   June 25, 2013 at 5:02PM
wickedwhite
Light is difficult!
    Bookmark   June 25, 2013 at 5:03PM
Nancy Walton
You need to steam the wrinkles out of it! Looks fine to me, as I said before.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 25, 2013 at 5:42PM
All About Interiors LLC
2-3 Euros 2 20" and a neck roll would look great!
    Bookmark   June 25, 2013 at 5:43PM
cait1204
What about adding a fourth pillow same fabric and size, against the headboard, but turn them somewhat sideways, creating an overlapping staggered effect? I tried to find a picture of what I'm suggesting with no such luck. I actually saw this in Kourtney Kardashians bedroom, and thought it added an elegant twist from the normal way we all style our bed pillows.
    Bookmark   June 25, 2013 at 6:57PM
wickedwhite
Do people prefer this look? I had these pillows and throw in another room, but maybe they look better in here? Pls note I would need a second white sham on the left side, and I will order a third black and white picture for above the bed.
Nancy .. I finally got those wrinkles out of the skirt! Pesky little buggers. :)
1 Like    Bookmark   June 25, 2013 at 7:42PM
Ann
That looks nice!
1 Like    Bookmark   June 25, 2013 at 8:16PM
armygirl1987
If that is the look that you are going for then yes, but I thought that you wanted a punch of color and I do not see that here.
    Bookmark   June 25, 2013 at 8:38PM
Nancy Walton
If you go this route, then you could accent with color on the chairs, drapes, more throw pillows and a rug. Have you considered slipcovering the chairs? They're really simple, and would be easy to make or have someone make.
    Bookmark   June 25, 2013 at 8:45PM
Nancy Walton
Oops! Wrong dilemma! Sorry. Forget what I just said.
    Bookmark   June 25, 2013 at 8:46PM
wickedwhite
Hi Angela. You are right. I was going for a fresher look, but I thought this might work better with my existing furnishings. The dark night tables, black frames, sisal rug. I really like the ikat print I bought, but it seems to be fighting the room. Maybe it's just me though..?
1 Like    Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 3:48AM
armygirl1987
Wickedwhite, I completely understand. It is your room and you will be the one using it. Probably good to just take a break for a bit anyway.
    Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 6:25AM
cait1204
Where is the bedskirt and comforter/quilt from? I love how clean and simple they look.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 6:42AM
Ann
This color scheme certainly works. Did you say you have another bedroom for the ikat print? If so, you'd get to see both ideas in your house. I'm a huge fan of using what you've already invested in if you can make it work well and certainly this new arrangement does coordinate nicely. Does it make the most sense to use the blues and greens in the other bedroom?
1 Like    Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 6:49AM
wickedwhite
Hi cait. Did you mean something like this?
    Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 4:40PM
wickedwhite
Cait, I got the bed skirt here:

And I bought the duvet cover locally. Here's the shop. Not sure if the deliver. http://www.linetcoton.ca/home.html
    Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 4:45PM
wickedwhite
Angela.. you're right. Time for a break. So many options. I'm losing perspective. :)
1 Like    Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 5:37PM
armygirl1987
Wickedwhite-just walk away for awhile if not you will drive yourself crazy. I love the bedskirt and now that I see if up close it so goes with the room.
    Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 5:42PM
Does Uhpolstry fabric spray paint really work on carpeting?
I have wall to wall carpeting in my master bedroom...
rmbp
Where does the bed go ?
Hi everyone ! I am currently building the house of...
Marie Anne
Will this rustic black bedroom set work in my bedroom?
I have attached 4 pics of my unfurnished master bedroom....
Stef
Does this rug work with this room
I just had my room painted and am in search for a new...
Stephanie Giuliano
Is this console working on the back of my sofa?
The memo-ed table is ribbed back glass with silver...
finndian
Vanity idea
I just bought a new house and am looking at (hopefully)...
Helen Louie
Crap, now what?(Bathroom help!)
Hello Houzz family!! Here's what I need your expertise...
kimbolaya
HELP!! TO CREATE FRENCH /EUROPEAN BACK YARD
I have an old red brick patio and red brick garden...
kaconn
Sola tube in metal roof
Thinking of putting sola tubes in my walk in closet...
chi s
how about teak wood furniture from jepara ?
where is from : http://cvmebelfurniture.blogspot.com/2015/01/tempat-tidur-tiara.html...
Rizal CV Furniture jepara