Bathroom design help!
R. K.
I need helpful ideas for this awkward bathroom wall. This room is narrow and small. I'm removing the brass towel holders and replace with one big, or two small (there's a kid sized double sink across from this wall) brushed nickel towel holders. I'm thinking subway tile halfway up the wall would look really nice, but need your opinions. Also, if you have any suggestions for the flooring that would be awesome! This is my first time ;).
Oh, and excuse the mess, I just finished painting the cabinets.

Thanks in advance!!
Interiors International, Inc.
Subway tile would not be my first choice. I prefer larger tiles with less pattern and grout lines. I feel it makes the room feel smaller.
March 19, 2013 at 7:10am     
You could tile all the wall and run a black or coloured tile stripe from the top of the ceiling down along the middle of the wall and across the floor to meet your cabinets midway. It would reflect in the mirrors on your vanity adding a double whammy.
Or you could do the opposite - floor and wall colour tile with a white stripe going down the wall and across the floor.
March 19, 2013 at 7:11am   
maggie2
Hi,
Good job on the cabinet so far!
I'm agree with interiors international..
I would do white, quite large, rectangular, stacked tiles, all the way to the ceiling, plus consider continuing to run the tiles behind the toilet and vanity for a bit of an European look or a wet room look..
Across the toilet, I would consider a chrome towel warmer, ladder-like, to balance the visual weight from the opposing wall.
Good luck!
March 19, 2013 at 7:41am     
Curb Appeal Renovations
you didn't say...dramatic...functional...guest? kids?

here are 3 renderings we just did for clients on baths similar in size to yours...they're all under construction right now.
March 19, 2013 at 7:47am   
R. K.
Great ideas!! Especially love the larger wall tile suggestion, rather than my original subway tile thought. Also, LOVE the towel warmer rack idea!! Where would I get something like that? Sorry, I did forget to mention that this is a kid bathroom. The shower tile is an almond, off white color..... so, what color wall tile would one use to match?
March 19, 2013 at 7:56am   
maggie2
A couple of ideas.. Since I now realize you are keeping your original tub, toilet and tile around the tub right?
I did a mini Reno like this some years ago and it turned out great...
Any whoo...maybe choose a color that works gently with the almond color of the existing tiles..Lets say a light blue.. Or a soft grey.. Big tiles in one of these colors..the size I mentioned before.. Around the top and down the sides of the ones around the tub.. Framing the existing tiles..keep running them..Half way up from the floor up..behind the toilet-area im talking about..going up against the vanity, maybe slightly above the vanity.. You see what looks good..so now you have this grey/almond look.. flooring? Laminate.. Grey/taupe/ aged.. To look like reclaimed barnwood..then.. Chrome.. On all fixtures.. Taps.. Towel rack.. Curtain rod.. Shower curtain: maybe aged natural linen with a vertical edging stripe in charcoal grey..
I like this plan.. But maybe the kids will find it depressing..lol
In that case, do something similar with blue.. And the floor could be a fun light blue and white tile in an European old world kind of groove..
Good luck.. Sorry for the long rant!
April 10, 2013 at 10:45pm   
Aaron & Company
The tub, toilet & under-mount sinks should be of the same color. If u r going to keep existing fixtures then get tiles that will help tie-in all the colors (in your case, warm hues) including your choice of counter-top. Then I would suggest mocha cabinets & darker floors (or the reverse). If u can, go for brushed nickel on fixtures, as they armer forgiving on water stains.
May sound so off from your original plan but white cabinets may be too much of a maintenance in the long run.
Goodluck & enjoy it!
April 10, 2013 at 11:03pm   
Stamps Design Services
Have you considered using bead board halfway up the walls instead of adding tiles? You can paint it white (or ivory) then add a bolder color to the walls, if you want. I would suggest a neutral tone for the floor tiles (like taupe or grey) that will give you the most flexibility with your decor and future decor changes.
April 10, 2013 at 11:11pm   
Ed
RK, congrats on your bathroom remodel. I like III's suggestion with larger tiles, cleaner designs, and less grout (easier to clean and maintain). I also like lighter colors and patterns for both the wall and floor tiles. Please post photos of your progress, especially the finished look! Good luck! :)
April 10, 2013 at 11:32pm   
Need help in designing bathroom any idea/design really appreciated
We are building a new house and I would like take help...
Need help with family bathroom and master bathroom design
Hi everybody! We are going to start building our house...
BATHROOM - need help designing my kids bathroom
Hi- We are redoing our kids bathroom and would LOVE...
Help! Help me transform this into a designer master bathroom
I need to add here a vanity/sink, lighting, mirror......
Help needed in updating the look of the exterior of this house
As seen from the picture this is a really old house....
Rug dilemma! :)
Hi guys, you can see the corner of my stripy chair,...
I need lighting in my dining area.
The table cannot be moved because it would block the...
Need help with exterior paint colors roof and windows
Just bought this baby poo colored house and need ideas...
Help with Benjamin Moore paint color
I am renovating my kitchen - my cabinets are Oyster...