Looking for top caps for wainscoting like a chair rail
March 19, 2013 in Design Dilemma
with a flat top with at least 1/2" depth coming out from the wall
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Not sure I understand the question. Are you saying you are looking for a chair rail that looks like the molding in the picture above?
March 19, 2013 at 5:17pm   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
The chair rail has to have a rabet to accommodate the wainscoting below--and I would like to have a flat top- thanks
March 20, 2013 at 7:10am   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Ironwood Builders
Location, location, location! Local millworks can supply your needs or you can order from afar and pay shipping. I prefer to support my local economy when I can...but look at San Francisco Victoriana for a large selection of trim in various species.
March 20, 2013 at 8:12am      Thanked by tamela123
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Any good lumber and building supply will be able to help you with what you want and will have a range of woods or casted shapes to work with. Dykes Lumber is my spot in my hood and Ironwood Builders suggested SF Victoriana. Depends on where you live, hit the yellow pages.
March 20, 2013 at 8:34am      Thanked by tamela123
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
How to modernize?
This might be impossible! I've finished redecorating/redoing...
Help arranging furniture in living room
Hi, I can't decide what's the best furniture arrangement...
Need help with curb appeal
This is my grandparents home that I will moving into...
Need help for kitchen
I don't like the color in my kitchen right now at all,...
Granite and backsplash
I'm redoing the kitchen in my newly purchased summer...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™