Need help with artwork ideas
occhiblue143
My walls are bare! Any artwork suggestions or wall decor is greatly appreciated. I need color as well.
All About Interiors LLC
It looks as if you have a beautiful decorative finish on those walls however I noticed you need some pops of color. I would think about what your style art is and start shopping. Over the fireplace I would recommend a very large mirror with a nice thick frame as a focal point. I am not sure, by the pictures you have here, what it would reflect though. Art is a very personal thing... do your research and choose something that draws you to it. I hope this helps.
March 19, 2013 at 6:44PM   
Evergraph
I would put some lights in the tree. I notice the overhead light seems a bit harsh but that could be just the photo.
March 19, 2013 at 7:02PM   
It's a Beautiful World!
It would help to know what kind of art you like. We have a variety of art prints in our collection, they can be printed on paper, canvas, acrylic or metal, in custom sizes. I am attaching our short ideabook to give you an idea of a range of imagery we created displayed in interiors. Please check out our Houzz Projects, or use the link below to see more art you may like. Thank you and enjoy!... Raisa http://ben-and-raisa-gertsberg.artistwebsites.com/galleries.html

March 19, 2013 at 7:03PM   
occhiblue143
Thank you all. My thing with art is that i am clueless. I need to see something already done and then go with that. I search online all the time for colorful art but I just cannot go with something. I am more visual where i need to see it and the just buy it, unfortunately. My style is very black and white, i love mirror furniture. Maybe old hollywood/ modern if that even makes sense!
March 19, 2013 at 7:19PM   
Mega Builders
I would go with large colorful art work. Some abstract... go browse some furniture stores, you might find something that would catch your eye. This room is desperate for some color!
March 19, 2013 at 7:36PM   
Sandy G. ltd.
-- Your dog is adorable! So tiny, I almost missed him/her. Just a succer for pets!

Agree totally with Mega Builders. Selecting art is subjective and really is something you should do for yourself. Go to a furniture store and hook up with sales. They can certainly help you find something you will love. It might also help you to see something firsthand. The sales person should be asking you the right questions to whittle the choices down to something manageable - colors, style, subject matter, etc.

Watch for being overwhelmed. . . and if that happens, time to leave and come back another time but in the meantime, think about what you learned. It's just a matter of learning what you like and what will work in your home. Once you are armed with this knowledge, you can shop on your own and nail it. Be patient!

It is a trial and error type deal so it might take a couple of trips to get it bang-on. This happens all the time and things look different in spaces depending on lighting, surrounding colors, etc.

Bring pix of your space because that will help you [and the sales person] visualize how something will look in your space. Some measurements of the wall wouldn't hurt either.

After you have purchased a piece or two, it will be much easier to shop for and purchase art. Also remember that usually, art is not welded to the wall and is mobile. Pieces can be switched out and/or relocated in your home when you find something new for a certain space - it is a good thing to do.

There is no big mystery here - just success in experiencing the process.
March 8, 2014 at 7:38AM     
Need help with furniture placement & artwork hanging ideas
Have tried furniture many ways- picture window on left...
Need artwork ideas for my kitchen wall!
We received this tile art piece & the only wall we...
need ideas on how to hang artwork in a high, hard to reach stairwell
I live in a raised ranch and want to hang a piece of...
Need artwork ideas for family room
All of you have been so helpful in the past, and I...
Bath Mirror Location
I have two bathrooms in a new construction we have...
paintiung mahogany doors?
I was basically coached to get my doors painted in...
Need help with parlor layout
I'd like to shake things up in my "front room" / living...
Help me finish this room
We love our new living room / dining room. We have...
Where to put microwave?
Originally it will be where in the first pic. Now...