Trying to articulate an interior design theme to help others/professionals visualize what I hope to accomplish
lesliesullivan7
Our 'couple' home is 1956 mid-century, one level, with great lake view and light, nicely remodeled about 8 years ago, adding slate floors for a Euro feel and, through mustard wall color and art, a 'Tuscany' look and feel. I wish to shift look to something between (I think) Gustavian (adding more white, less mustard), and/or elegant NW or Northern European lodge, withal ight tones, though, because of a grand view, I think of the house as a cool sophisticated penthouse apartment up in the trees..... Most work will be in interior design (furnishings, paint) with some painting of existing furniture (white distressed), plus creation of major closet, office and updating two bathrooms. The home is about 2400 sq ft, fairly open so that each room should stylistically harmonize.
Good place to start is by looking through photos and saving the ones the you like, then soon enough you will be able to narrow down to the color scheme and material / fabric direction you would like to go with.
0 Likes   March 20, 2013 at 5:54AM
DIAspoton
might help to pull up photos on here of both 'swedish' ( for whites, light tones) and 'city apts' . that's what came to mind from your description. put them all in 1 ideabook.
0 Likes   March 20, 2013 at 6:04AM
I need help for interior design for all rooms with sea theme
We need to decorate our new apartment 990sq ft. The...
normnorma
Help with Colour and Interior Design Theme
Hello, I was wanting some help with a south facing...
vikinc
ohduhlisa
need site layout ideas
mass housing units
Emefa Ahiable
Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!
I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two...
zazfuzzroc
Paint colour
Looking for suggestions on colours that go well beside...
kimba86
Help for my Kitchen
Hi, My husband and I have recently renovated our...
anasuyah
Skirting Board colours....?
What colour should i paint these skirting boards? House...
myperfectadvice