Trying to articulate an interior design theme to help others/professionals visualize what I hope to accomplish
lesliesullivan7
Our 'couple' home is 1956 mid-century, one level, with great lake view and light, nicely remodeled about 8 years ago, adding slate floors for a Euro feel and, through mustard wall color and art, a 'Tuscany' look and feel. I wish to shift look to something between (I think) Gustavian (adding more white, less mustard), and/or elegant NW or Northern European lodge, withal ight tones, though, because of a grand view, I think of the house as a cool sophisticated penthouse apartment up in the trees..... Most work will be in interior design (furnishings, paint) with some painting of existing furniture (white distressed), plus creation of major closet, office and updating two bathrooms. The home is about 2400 sq ft, fairly open so that each room should stylistically harmonize.
Good place to start is by looking through photos and saving the ones the you like, then soon enough you will be able to narrow down to the color scheme and material / fabric direction you would like to go with.
March 20, 2013 at 5:54am   
DIAspoton
might help to pull up photos on here of both 'swedish' ( for whites, light tones) and 'city apts' . that's what came to mind from your description. put them all in 1 ideabook.
March 20, 2013 at 6:04am   
Are cup handles out of date?
We have cream ("dove") distressed as well as cherry...
Does anyone like the built in griddle on their gas range top?
I can't decide to go with the 6 burner gas cooktop...
What are your thoughts on embossed wallpaper?
It's definitely an interesting alternative to plain...
Architect - just drawings or for project management?
We're building a new construction and are really trying...
Need Help For Our Customer Lounge
Send Ur Wonderful Ideas and Photos For Modular Furniture...