Living room ideas
Sharnay Staley
Pleas help with this wall. I am looking to see what I can put here to get a color pop. The color of my accent wall is a Dark olive and I have just ordered some toasted almond curtains. I have attached pictures of the room
Sharnay Staley
Here are some additional pictures please excuse the mess
0 Likes   March 20, 2013 at 5:42AM
Sharnay Staley
I'm also looking for a rug idea thanks foe any suggestions!!
0 Likes   March 20, 2013 at 5:44AM
carolins
Hi,
what about some art? Do you like colourful modern art? Or something like these would be very nice and add some interest to your wall without being very colourful. Just browse the art section (under browse rooms, accessories and decor) here on Houzz and see if you find something that appeals to you:

Traditional Artwork
Wood Branch Wall Decor
0 Likes   March 20, 2013 at 6:02AM
carolins
Your furniture placement is a bit 'all over the place', but I'm assuming it's a work in progress?
0 Likes   March 20, 2013 at 6:03AM
Sharnay Staley
Yes I love colorful art work and I love the art idea u suggested. As far as my furniture this was the only placement that I found flowed. I am open to any suggestions. My living room flows to my eat in kitchen I will post a picture below
0 Likes   March 20, 2013 at 7:03AM
carolins
Here's an ideabook that you may want to read before you hang anything on your walls (there are more interesting ideabooks about hanging art on Houzz):

There's quite an art to hanging art :-) Etsy.com is also a good source for nice artwork. Just browse (also local art galleries) and if your heart skips a beat when you see something, that's probably the right thing to go for.

I can't really see all of your furniture, but I think I've spotted a sofa, a loveseat and a chair?
I'd put the sofa against the wall (or if you have two loveseats, just leave the loveseat there), put the (other) loveseat opposite the fireplace/TV so that it forms an L-shape with the one against the wall. Then either put the chair opposite the sofa against the wall, or next to the fireplace, angled towards the two sofas.

If you have the sofa against the wall, turn the coffee table 1/4, so that its longest side is parallel to the sofa.
Otherwise just leave it the way it is, but pull it closer to the loveseats.

The way it is now it seems that people have to take a stroll to get to it :-)

I really like the dark accent wall. Nice touch.

Your table lamp beside the loveseat is on the slim side. If you do the L-shape arrangement, the end table could go between the two sofas, with a bulkier lamp on it (preferably)

If you have enough space, pull everything away from the wall if necessary to put it all sort of centred in front of the fireplace. I mean, it would be nice if table and loveseat are in line with the fireplace.

Would this be working for you? If you try re-arranging things, could you put up photos? So we can see what it looks like and give you perhaps other ideas. It's all about creating a nice, comfy space :-)
1 Like   March 20, 2013 at 8:38AM
Sharnay Staley
I love your idea with rearranging the room. I knew it didn't flow well but just couldn't come up with a concept :). I will post pictures when done thanks again!!
0 Likes   March 20, 2013 at 8:57AM
carolins
You're welcome :-) Looking forward to the pics (I could be wrong you know)
0 Likes   March 20, 2013 at 9:13AM
Carriage Lane Design-Build Inc.
Instead of just hanging artwork above your sofa you could also create a gallery wall with a mix of favorite family photos and smaller artwork or professional photography. Lots of stores, including ikea, now sell the same line of frames in different sizes and colours for the purpose of gallery walls. Some lines will even give you a layout to hang them in. I've added 2 photo, you can do your layouts more structured or a little more unorganized.
2 Likes   March 20, 2013 at 9:25AM
Andee Photography Fine Art And Digital Design
I have one series that might work with your decor if you want to take a look. http://bit.ly/16JBnuW The rest of my galleries are located here. http://andee-photography.artistwebsites.com/galleries.html
2 Likes   March 20, 2013 at 9:31AM
Photo Captures by Jeffery
I agree instead of a single piece of artwork mix and match personal family photos with paintings and photographs.
1 Like   March 20, 2013 at 9:31AM
Sharnay Staley
Thank you all. Hesse are great ideas and give me something to start with. :)
1 Like   March 20, 2013 at 11:28AM
Need ideas for kid friendly round coffee table + living room ideas
We just moved into a new home and have a lot to do....
aykugler
Need ideas for decor ideas for living room
I would truly appreciate any suggestion on decor and...
bovas_kurian
kellyt25
Sauce Eggplant Chandelier Challenge.
I have made a deal with the devil. Well, not the devil...
toatsmcgoats
Looking for ideas for anew house
I'm building a custom home in the near future and I'm...
Phil Smith
help with backyard ideas
I want a nice backyard with a small above ground pool...
Rousseau Celestin
New home is bare!
Just moved into a big home and need advice/tips for...
heatherjayy
What to do with off center fireplace, tv and furniture placement.
My 1954 ranchelo living room is 15 x 13 and I don't...
zeeveezee