Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jerseymom82

Conservatory roofline.

jerseymom82
7 years ago
Is this room a conservatory but, with a traditional ceiling? I have a conservatory and after years, I have reached my end of living in a room I cannot use often, especially on very sunny days. I'm looking for some type of shades, fabric or. Cover for the glass roof. If you have any ideas, please let me know. Thanks I would love to use this room all year round.
Somerset Contemporary Family Room & Kitchen · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Distinctive Interior Designs
    7 years ago
    this isn't a conssrvatory...Just a traditional bay in a kitchen with a standarad ceiling.

all that said, where are you located? there are solutions for glass conservatory ceilings that involve retractable shades or even just really dark window film tinting to dramatically reduce the impact of the sun. I'm in NJ...if you're near there, let's set a time to discuss your options.
  • PRO
    SOLARIS
    7 years ago

Jerseymom, We do glass roof rooms all the time to help control the temperature and have a very large one we are installing next week so I will share some pics when we are done. This client already had an expensive shade system installed which did not do enough to control the temperature. Installing window film will stop the heat before it enters the space offering maximum temperature control at an affordable price, likely 1/3 to 1/2 the cost of shades. Visit www.llumar.com to find a professional near you to learn more and discuss options. Good Luck!

• PRO
    Conservatory Craftsmen
    7 years ago

Hello! We offer motorized roof blinds!
    Conservatory Roof blinds

• jerseymom82
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thanks or getting back to me. I'm looking forward to seeing it done. Will the frame of the walls carry the weight of the roof?
    I'll look into the film you suggested it.
    But I'd still like to see your blind/ shade products.
    Thanks!