Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
helenbsweeney

What is the size of your island? Thank you!

helenbsweeney
11 years ago
Classical Kitchen · More Info

Comments (15)

• subeeskitchen
    11 years ago
    9' x 5'
  • helenbsweeney
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you!
  • dianalupu
    11 years ago
    Hi there! You're kitchen is a dream and you're so great about answering questions! I notice you have doors and drawers on all sides of your island. Are these fixed or is there actual cabinet space? If so, are they more shallow on one side? I've never seen it on the side of the seating but it's pretty genius for storing things you don't use as often. Can never have enough storage! =) Thanks in advance!
  • dianalupu
    11 years ago
    Checked it out and lets just say you now have a new faithful follower! =)
  • subeeskitchen
    11 years ago
    Great! Welcome.
  • lorieglantz
    11 years ago
    Doing my kitchen right now and I love your kitchen and all of your fabulous ideas!!!!
  • lorieglantz
    11 years ago
    The storage by stools wondering what do you store there?
  • subeeskitchen
    11 years ago
    Bread machine, slow-cooker, pitchers, summer (outdoor) cups, entertaining stuff, fondue pot, kids' snacks, thermoses, etc.
  • lorieglantz
    11 years ago
    That's great so it must be decent depth to those cabinets. You did such an amazing job on your kitchen. I'm going to model mine after yours I love it that much!!!
  • subeeskitchen
    11 years ago
    Thanks! Yes - there is no "filler" space in the island - just lots of storage on all 4 sides. The short ends house a printer on one side and mixer lift on the other. (Photos on my blog in the post "Inside the Kitchen".
  • elkmom
    10 years ago
    My island is a little bit smaller 45" x 90". I like the restoration hardware look..should I do two 14 inch diameter or 18 inch diameter pendants, or 3 14 inch
  • subeeskitchen
    10 years ago
    It really depends on the rest of the space & lighting. Without knowing what else you have going on, I'd say that 3 14" would be too much.
  • elkmom
    10 years ago
    I have a dining area adjacent to the island...to the side. I have not picked out a fixture yet. Elsewhere will be can lights. Would 2 18inch be too large?
  • hooligan
    6 years ago
    Where did you purchase the stools, please, and what is their height?

Thank you!