Color off on hardwood flooring
gidgettomcat123
Yikes...I'm freaking out!
I have oak throughout my house and I think I may have been a little off on the color for the wood flooring I'm having installed today.
My question is should the flooring match exact or is it ok to be off slightly?
The flooring ended up being a little darker then the entertainment center (built in) and the stair railing.
hyweld
I would match it completely if you have exacting layouts and are extremely tidy but if not then I guess if its not too extreme you should be able to leave it.
March 21, 2013 at 11:00am     
K B
It depends on how much the old flooring hits up against the new flooring. If they are in different rooms that's not as bad as if it's more of an open concept. Personally, the mismatch would annoy me and if you ever plan to sell your home it may very well be a big strike against it. If you have the option (i.e. the new flooring has not been installed and it's returnable), I would delay installation and try to get a perfect match (of course, a perfect match may no longer exist, and there may be slight differences between "matching" floors from the natural wear and tear on the older floor.)
March 21, 2013 at 11:07am     
Ideas to decorate the recess window areas
It is a very sunny area due to all the windows facing...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Should I put a deck or patio in this space?
This is a log house with the original steps and cement...
Need a new couch for this living room!
Purchasing a new couch- thinking dark grey microsuede...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...