Please help with the world's most boring bedroom

mariannealettaMarch 21, 2013
My bedroom needs help! I feel like I need some art or pictures above the bed, but have no idea what to put there. Also, we live deep in the heart of Texas so our 'bedding' consists of a thin cotton blanket and a sheet (no need for comforters or duvets in these parts--too hot!). I've been looking into coverlets but have no idea what style or color to go with. Also, should I add some sheer panels to my curtain track? It's a three-track system and the first track has a black-out panel, the second track is empty and the third track has the ivory colored panels that you see in the pic. On the other side of the french doors is a pool, if that helps. Thanks for your input! I have zero decorating ability and really appreciate your help.
Inspired by your colours (black and white) and particularly your lamps, I wonder if you could not do a monochromatic arts and crafts design? Adding a black and white wallpaper behind your bed, and then 2 extra black sheer panels on either side of your existing white sheers
I would choose a thinner lined wallpaper than this one:
Whincop - Cheam, Sutton UK · More Info

Of course, there are finishing details but first is this something you would feel comfortable with?
6 Likes    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 2:21PM
mariannealetta
Thank you, ASVInteriors! The picture you attached is very cool and I love the design of that room. Could you magically make my bedroom that big as well? All kidding aside, I realize now that my picture makes our color scheme look black & white but in fact it's dark brown (espresso) and ivory (the walls are the color of vanilla ice cream). Not sure if that makes a difference in your ideas, but I thought it best to let you know.

Thanks again!
    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 2:35PM
Thanks. Could you not adapt the same scheme in that colour way : espresso and cream
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 2:57PM
Linda Anthony
I like ASV's idea, and if you want, you could add a 'pop' of color in pillows for different times of the year - just for a variety!
5 Likes    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 3:06PM
felixgrantham
I think this room is desperately crying for color. Any color you like.

Art for over the bed! Be sure to get a large piece or multiples - you don't want it to look wimpy.

Get a duvet cover to put over your drab white blanket w/ some coordinating shams. If budget allows, buy a new rug.

I like your lamps.

Be brave!!
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 3:10PM
Susan Soto
I would do some light fixtures that attach to the wall - possibly something a little more streamlined and modern perhaps a polished chrome?... google bedside lamps or lighting and click on images for ideas

What do you think about a darker paint like this one
Farrow and Ball Down Pipe :: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=517393828306923&set=a.155388221174154.27023.144488268930816&type=1&theater

maybe a more colorful carpet and for bedding if you enjoy luxury linens check out Frette, SDH there are also some nice linens from Eileen Fisher and linen keeps you cool in summer and warm in winter - she has some gorgeous bedding - the pinks and champagne colors are really nice. There's also a linen company called AREA I believe which is a bit more basic-ish

A nice tall headboard would be fun too either upholstered or reusing something like carved doors from India etc

... definitely add something sparkly somehow somewhere - accessories/mercury glass/silver/gold/mirrored tray or side table or something, chandelier etc
    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 3:10PM
Francesca
I believe an Arts and Crafts style would still look good with the espresso and cream. How about an Arts and Crafts style stained glass (framed maybe with a light behind it) over the bed. Also, while many may recommend 'color', I would recommend 'pattern and texture'. I first thought (if you were to see my response on Facebook) that color would be good, but maybe a bit of a 'chevron' pattern on a coverlet. Maybe you could switch out or modify the bedside tables to look a little more 'Craftsmen' and I believe there would be enough character in the simplicity.

I personally like this bedroom but a little more pattern and texture might do something for you.
4 Likes    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 3:12PM
Susan Soto
... I'd also consider changing the bed orientation - headboard facing the windows. I think that would help a lot. Perhaps loose the bench or place it under the little wall between the window/doors - or switch it for a smaller bench that fits there - something with a compelling fabric, nailhead things or metal
3 Likes    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 3:13PM
Linda Anthony
Perhaps move the rug a little further under the bed - For most typically sized rooms, there should be approximately 10" - 18"of bare floor between the edges of the area rug and the walls of the room. For small rooms, approximately 8" of exposed floor is a good rule of thumb. Area rugs under a bed should extend at least 18-24" beyond each side of the bed - is that possible with this area carpet? Turn the carpet the opposite direction? Also, how about a gorgeous light instead of the ceiling fan?

Or, how about a very interesting area rug... (Enlarge the pic to see the rug)

Lakeview Residence Bedroom · More Info
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 3:13PM
Wendy Wenig
Depending on your budget of course, I suggest that you might add some curvy design to your monochromatic art. A damask deisgn, in a softer but contrasting mix of colours will bring in life and movement. You can then take a portion of that movement into someof your seasonal fabrics - such as replacing your ivory sheers with pattern, pillow covers of mixed sizes. And an extra splash of your favourite hue in something that is purely you. A special area rug might be the ticket :)
Wendy @ Iconic Inspirations, Alberta, Canada
    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 3:14PM
I see the window wall and the bed wall. May we see the other two walls and doorway?
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 3:14PM
azrunr
Turn the bed? So it's under the A/C drop and looks out to the pool. Pick a favorite color and paint the wall behind the bed...red? Teal? Mustard? Then bring in accents(pillows, throws,. etc) that tie it together...for starters ;-)
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 3:16PM
Pamela Langone
Add some bright orange pillows with a design in them. And maybe a curtain with a mix of colors with a bit of orange in them
    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 3:18PM
Kevin
Worlds most boring bedroom? That is sad. ;)
3 Likes    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 3:19PM
Linda Anthony
If the door we see is how you come into the bedroom, I would agree with azrunr about moving the bed. It's always more interesting when the bed is the focal point upon entry, and facing the pool/doors is even better!

A lovely, colorful cotton throw on the bench, or a couple colorful pillows, or both!
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 3:19PM
Susan Soto
I agree texture and pattern would be nice - and the room is also nice already
- oh and disclaimer I am not a designer ;) just an avid enthusiast

here are some lights which might add some interest and give you a little more space on your tables - many places have great options
http://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/category/products.jsp?cm_sp=global_top_nav_store-_-dynamic_menu_item-_-NA&categoryId=cat1701019
1 Like    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 3:19PM
One Day Interiors
I cannot see the rest of the room..but if those are not glass doors leading outside ..continue draperies right across the wall...then you can position the bed between the two windows. If that cannot be done..paint the wall behind the bed in an accent color. Hang two matching mirrors behind each bedside lamp. Hang a chandelier. Put color co-ordinated bright colored fabrics over the bench and headboard. ..with a co-ordinating bedskirt. And bright pillows. Change out the rug..to an animal print or hide...or richly colored print. Paint the two side tables in co-ordinating colors to your fabrics. Buy a beautiful chair and put between the 2 windows..with a lovely throw over it. That is a good start. :-)
1 Like    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 3:22PM
Linda Anthony
Coral and tan?
http://www.gracioushome.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay_10001_10051_70846_-1_13654_10002
    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 3:23PM
Barbara Burke
I keep wanting to move the bed on the wall opposite the windows. Would that work?

SUGGESTION FOR THOUGHT: Try Target for some art on canvas (no frame) and establish your color theme from art work to go over the bed. They also have some nice rugs and great accessories. Bright pastels seem to be "in."

In reading HOUZZ I see many times hanging panels on each side of a window are recommended. You have some nice things to work with! Sharp lamps!
    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 3:26PM
Tamara Brooking
Is there a TV on the wall facing the bed? Would that influence your room orientation? I love the Arts and Crafts style. I have it in my own bedroom. I have a pale yellow matelasse. bed cover with a bright red blanket serving as a bed runner. The Art in the room has touches of red and some of them have red Matted frames. Everything else is neutral. Maybe you could use a pop of color you like? Be sure to carry some of that color into your window treatments.
    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 3:31PM
Marrie Grady
I agree changing the position of the bed would be my first suggestion. A good bedroom is a bedroom that invites you, lures you in, excites and calms all at the same time.
Not sure if you are into Feng Shui, however, the balance in my humble opinion creates the whole demeanor for me. Here are some suggestions that may be of help.
"Follow the basic feng shui guidelines for your bed,
which are:
have your bed easily approachable from both sides,
have two bedside tables (one on each side), and,
avoid having the bed in a direct line with the door.
A "good looking" and well-balanced bed is very important in creating a perfect feng shui bedroom."
You could also create a royal type theme over the bed with espresso colored shears brought together in a upside down "V" with some type of wall trinket that is your personality. I might also intermix the shears on the windows with some espresso shears to pull it together. There are all types of wall art to choose from if you like that type of look. Personally I like the bench at the foot of the bed. I see balance there.
1 Like    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 3:36PM
Design By Pisces
you do need to add color of some sort with the black and white you can use anything as a accent lime green yes move the bed and maybe a floor mirror on that wall
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 3:50PM
Design By Pisces
the stripe thing is a curtain panel these are just some ideas hope they help
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 3:54PM
bdarrow
Yes, move the bed and side tables to the right wall. Raise the lamps 5 inches with blocks or books or something original that you dream up. Look at a bright "Tree of Life" cotton coverlet for the bed and add two or three throw pillows. Make the bare wall, which you created by moving the bed, into a gallery of your favorite pictures.
If the bench at the end of the bed is too wide in the new space, trade it for a more narrow one. You will find that a bench is handy and helps define a bed without a foot board.
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 3:56PM
Alessia Maniaci
Definitely agree with other users that moving the bed so it looks out to the pool would be a great improvement! And pops of color are a must. I think you should paint the wall behind the bed with a great accent color, then choose throw pillows that complement that color to give the bed a bit more personality.

I could also see a gallery wall looking beautiful, choosing prints and frames that play off the accent wall.

Or, seeing that you're in Texas, have you thought about putting a large embellished cow skull above the bed? Here's a few images that I think could be good for inspiration...
1 Like    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 4:08PM
mariannealetta
Thanks for all of the fabulous suggestions--what a great community! I agree that it would be helpful if I post better pics of the room so that you can see all of the walls. I'll do so in the morning when the light is better.
1 Like    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 4:15PM
Desiree Forbes-Chegin
I live in Austin and always use a comforter. We keep our room cool at night and buy the lightweight comferter and duvet cover with some shams and extra pillows. You can turn it down at night.Maybe some splash of colors with curtains, duvet cover and then draw from them to add some prints and ornamments. Use things you love and move slowly and it will turn out perfect. Mirrors are also nice accents.
1 Like    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 4:22PM
Patricia Vivian
I dont think its the most boring bedroom at all!!! At first glimpse i thought gorgeous calm cose hotel room! If u turn the bed and u face a POOL isnt that a dream?!!! So much light so pretty! Max put a pretty art piece above ur bed or dark striped wallpaper, very chic, but i do understand living in a hot climate ( im in beirut) u want to keep it all "light" and cool, a super thin quilted bedspread maybe is a good idea and since ur in texas yes bringing in coral colors and earthy tones from outside is a great idea! Peaceful toom anyway, looks very serene!
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 4:22PM
aspire2bacat
Definitely rotate the bed to face the windows. It looks like you have a bench a the foot of the bed, if so, and if the width of the room accommodates, that would be nice to have immediately upon entering the room to plop down your purse, or laundry, etc... If you have a TV on the wall currently opposite the bed, move it between the windows. Regardless of size of your current TV (If you have one), you'll want to adjust the span of the curtain rods into the area between the windows to allow for more wall real estate. If the TV still is too big relocate, find a use for it in a different room and get a smaller flat screen. You already have the blackout panels, which can be drawn while viewing TV during daylight hours. At a minimum, leave all orientation as is and add color. Art above the headboard, colorful rug, colorful sheets, bedskirt, pillows, etc... Hang a mobile in a corner ? Find a location to keep fresh flowers, or a very attractive dried floral arrangement ?
1 Like    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 4:30PM
Valerie
Maybe a little boring, but I love all the pieces you've chosen. The curtain rods and the fan are very simple, but also stylish. Nice clean lines. Maybe move the headboard of the bed opposite the curtains if space allows.
1 Like    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 4:32PM
Stamps Design Services
Here are my suggestions; pattern on the wall, a print over the bed and some throw pillows. The stencil is from Cutting Edge stencils, the rest was found at Pier One. These are just some of the ways to incorporate some excitement into your decor...
1 Like    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 4:40PM
Linda Anthony
Someone noted raising the lamps - I agree. You could cover, or not, a couple large books to put under them.
Paint a small space a dark color and watch it come alive!

Use wallpaper in unexpected areas; closet, ceilings, paneled room, hallways and small foyers. A great pattern or texture in small spaces can be quite prodigious twist.

Interesting, strong, clear colors are easier to live with in the long run, than pale colors. Soft colors get boring much quicker. (no yellow in bedroom as makes it harder to sleep because it's the color of the 'sun' and we all sleep better in dark rooms.
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 4:41PM
Uppercase Living Independent Demonstrator
Uppercase Living offers you a decorative way to make your space a reflection of the unique individual you are. Whether you identify with a deeply motivational thought, a beautiful embellishment, a bold image, or a combination of these, Uppercase Living® expressions let you be who you are and lets you express that uniqueness in your surroundings. Not a fan of words? We have tons of graphics too! http://www.WhenWallsTalk.com
1 Like    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 4:52PM
Valvorie Dunn
You're in Texas, how about a little cowhide. I like the picture below. Note the added color. Then go with some sophisticated cowboy art. Are you near Hico? They have some great things. Or Fredrickburg.
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 4:56PM
sfsapp
Just a thought.....how about some color?
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 4:57PM
Naturally Inspired Interiors
I agree with re-orienting the bed on the other wall, if the wall will accomodate that move. You had mentioned adding sheers to your windows. I would recommend the black out drapes only on your doors, especially since you have a nice view of the pool as long as privacy is not an issue. Are you needing the multiple layers of fabric on the doors due to the heat? As to the direction to take in decorating the room, you need to find something that serves as an inspiration. Do you have a piece of art you love? A photograph? If so, use it to come up with a color scheme. You can also pick out textures within the art or whatever serves as your inspiration. Your room needs to reflect who you are and what you love.
1 Like    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 5:30PM
Patricia Vivian
Linda Anthony ur amazing! So true who would have thought, sark colors ARE more soothing, they help you sleep, my white room is a bore, my daughters "dust powder pink" room is a dream to be in, excellent advice thank you!
1 Like    Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 12:08AM
devanshi123
I guess you need to add colour. Deep Maroon or Olive Green would look good.
You can add a painting at the back wall or may be paint over the wall.
Or just Get many pillows.
Try with a brighter rug. I really like the combination of espresso Brown and ivory.
1 Like    Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 12:48AM
aurilla
aurilla I agree with the idea of moving the bed to face the french doors. If they are attractive, and the view of the pool is as well, that would be wonderful. Plus I notice there is a lower section of ceiling over where the bed would then go. You could use that as an architectural detail with a colorful or patterned fabric coming from the outer edge of that and then draped behind and out the sides of the bed to the edge, making an inviting alcove for the head of the bed. That would then be a way to add color and/or pattern from which you could accessorize the rest of the room.
1 Like    Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 1:08AM
bdarrow
Now that we have established that you have French doors, I would suggest that you take away the drapes and put stretch panels right on the doors. If those drapes are the kind of sheers that let in light but retain privacy, you might do well to make them into the stretch panels. Door panels will make the room look larger and will make using the doors easy. I hope you have some touch up paint to use where you take down the rods.
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 4:31AM
bdarrow
Second thought: Since the drapes are floor to ceiling, save them and try putting them behind the bed. You can get ready made door new panels at many of the stores where you usually shop.
1 Like    Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 5:13AM
bdarrow
More about Sheer door panels: I usually double up and get 2 for each door.
1 Like    Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 5:19AM
cclanton1969
You could consider adding a saying over your bed. Simply Said® has created a product that gives you the opportunity to use sayings and designs to bring the perfect atmosphere to your home or office. You select the size, design and font! We focus on customizing and catering to you! Express yourself with our high-quality vinyl that is so thin it looks like it has been painted on.Simply Said Designs are: Affordable, Easy, Mess Free, Changeable. Learn more about Simply Said® at http://www.mysimplysaiddesigns.com/1537
    Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 6:43AM
Marie Flanigan Interiors
Consider adding a little color and pattern to the space! I think you have a great foundation and now you can just add some accent items. Bold pattern drapery and some accent bedding could go a long way!
1 Like    Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 9:56AM
mariannealetta
Thank you again for continuing to make great, creative suggestions! Here are more pictures of the room. We did originally have the bed on the wall that everyone suggests (and are receptive to moving it back) but moved it for a number of reasons including the fact that the view of the pool is blocked due to the wall in the middle of the French doors. We can actually see the pool better from our new bed location. Also, it's hard to see in the pictures but we have a large picture window in our bathroom (directly across from the bed) and we have a beautiful view of tree tops. Also, our bedroom is directly off the great room so if people are visiting and our bedroom door is open, the first thing they saw when the bed was on that other wall was our (typically) unmade bed (hey, I have two toddlers, what can I say?). Finally, the bedroom dimensions are pretty small for a master and we found that the bedroom actually seems larger with this bed placement. The carpet is in such an odd place bc we needed somewhere for the kids to play while we get dressed, but I realize now (thanks to your comments) that we need a bigger area rug!

What color would you all suggest for the 'pop of color'? The room is ivory and espresso. Thanks again--you all are the greatest

(BTW, that mess you see outside our French doors is scaffolding. It will go away once they finish fixing the leaky stucco! )
1 Like    Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 10:07AM
mariannealetta
Two more pics...

The dresser on the right needs to be pushed back into place (towards the right wall). We had painters working on the French doors and they had to move it out of the way.
    Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 10:07AM
Madeline
There is a designer who posts here on houzz the point that one sleeps better if the bed faces the door to the room (or something like that but said in a better way!). I don't particularly like all of the wood furniture on the wall opposite your bed either. Even if a total view of the pool is blocked by the small wall between the windows you see a good deal of it as well as greenery and a bit of the blue sky I should think. This seems preferable to the sight of the twin bathroom vanities your bed now faces. I would thoughtfully reconsider the placement of your bed. (Then your large dresser could go on the wall with the entry door, distributing some of the visual weight of your furniture.) Just my two cents. Otherwise I think you have a lovely master in which to work some magic.
3 Likes    Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 10:17AM
mariannealetta
Thanks, Madeline! That's exactly how we had it before. I will give serious consideration to moving things back the way they were. :) Now for that pop of color...

Also, I failed to mention that the French doors used to be stained a dark brown. That, coupled with dark red Roman shades and our dark furniture really made the room feel closed in. The long, ivory curtains were my way of rectifying that (in addition to painting the doors white). We moved the bed when the doors were still brown. so maybe we will like it better now that the room feels more open and airy.
    Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 10:24AM
Valvorie Dunn
Mariannealetta, what color is in your livingroom? What's your favorite color? So many things can look nice with brown & cream/white.
1 Like    Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 11:40AM
Valvorie Dunn
Pick a beautiful piece of art (prints galore at allposters.com) for above your bed & draw your pop of color from that. Art is very subjective but below is an example.
1 Like    Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 12:05PM
brody1313
I agree with moving the furniture back as suggested....I like your curtains and rug......Is that chocolate brown in the bathroom tile?....if so I would think about painting the headboard wall chocolate brown, soften and poof up your bed with new white bedding and euro pillows.....and look for another pair of bedside lamps, maybe a round white shape.......its a wonderful room.......good luck
1 Like    Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 12:34PM
one1crone
I love your lamps and agree with another reader -- put some books under them to raise them up a bit. I also agree about moving the bed so it faces the pool sliders. Wallpaper the headboard wall with a beautiful geometric to compliment your existing dark brown and ivory decor. Hit a student art show at a nearby college or high school and get something large and colorful for the wall next to the door. Enjoy. It's a lovely space.
1 Like    Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 1:49PM
lynsayj
Hi
I also think you should move the bed back to the other wall and think the three pics you have there already would like good above the bed?
I would also make the wall with French doors have curtains just at either end rather than just around the doors? Or space the curtains in a way so you don't see the wall.
Also loving the orange and light blue "sea coral" accessories which are about at the moment, I think it might look really nice with the colours and dark wood you already have.
Don't sure if any of this makes sense or sounds good?!
1 Like    Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 3:07PM
It's a Beautiful World!
I agree with others, you can add just about any colors to brown and cream, it's a matter of which colors you enjoy most and also their intensity or saturation. If you want you room to look more exiting go for brighter colors
Red Gladiolus Abstract canvas giclee print wall art · More Info
    Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 3:21PM
It's a Beautiful World!
... or keep it more sabdued with less vibrant shades of your favorite colors... Raisa

Blooming Desert No 1 canvas giclee print wall art · More Info
1 Like    Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 3:22PM
kathleen MK
Hico and Fredricksburg would have lots decor and are worth the drive to see the bluebonnets this time of year. Take pictures in them and have them enlarged and framed for classier "Texas" decor than cowskulls. Anna Linens and Big Lots have those rods and sheer panel cheap if you want the door s always covered. Lowe's and Home Depot have those miniblinds behind glass.They let the view be opened or closed with a slide bar while adding a dust-free layer of insulation from the Texas heat. With those you could use the drapes behind the bed like aurilla and bdarrow said while opening up the wall around the French doors.
I agreed with everyone about moving the bed and dresser.then accent the ceiling drop down with something like those simply said quotes or pieces of old pressed tin ceiling tiles. (lots in those hill country stores.)
your room is anything but boring.
1 Like    Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 4:12PM
No sheers on windows. Even in Texas dress up your bed. They can be removed at night. A fluffy duvet, or comforter in a print. Color would depend on wall color. Are you keeping the gold color. If so go with rust, browns, blue print in comforter, get shams put more pillows on bed. Just put comforter right over bedding you. Have now. Fold back.get two taller lamps.chunky, with dark brown shades, to pick up color from bedding. Yes put a very large 45x45 painting over bed hang 4-5 " above headboard. Use colors from bedding.
    Bookmark   March 28, 2013 at 10:37AM
I just saw where vent is ,so may not go as big for pic. But cover most of wall over bed without going pass side of bed. Get a bigger area rug. Take color. From bedding . Maybe rust or orange. Don't be afraid of color. Have fun.
    Bookmark   March 28, 2013 at 10:40AM
Bring rug up to end table. Need to buy bigger
    Bookmark   March 28, 2013 at 10:41AM
If you can change the bed to other wall facing window. That may help. And do what I said in other post.
    Bookmark   March 28, 2013 at 10:43AM
Boring bedroom
Furniture and bedding stays...what can I do for the...
laurenhoagland419
Need help with boring master bedroom furniture
I have the most boring cherry bedroom furniture. Want...
debbiekivey
Help with window treatments for world's most difficult windows!
The attached photo is NOT my window, but it's similar...
annoulaxeni
Most Boring Master Ever.
Hello! We moved into our brand new house about a year...
Ally
Bedroom is boring
I recently redid my bedroom but it just seems a bit...
gharsc0
Kitchen cabinets
Hi everyone, Here I am again with my kitchen remodeling. What...
Deus É Mais
Need help deciding on using a white for ceilings and walls..
I want to use the same color and finish (in a white,...
Sue F
Should I replace my 40 year old cast cast iron tub, while remodeling?
Our old tub is in pretty good shape. But, seems like...
jaw4x2
Harsh modern room needs warmth
How can this room be more warm without painting the...
fiftyfab
Help tub faucet install fail or fine?
Contractor installed my new Bain ultra tub. I was...
lseatv1520