Large space interior design
rangervp
I'd love some ideas to fill this large living room space. Thought about two accent chairs instead of the one, and also another seating arrangement in front of the big window or in the corner. Couch, rug, and table stay. Going for a modern lodge feel. Thanks!
tennisanyone
I would do four swivel chairs and a coffee table in front of the fireplace. On the big wall of windows, I would move the couch with perhaps another two chairs and take out the desk to start. Do you watch TV in this room? If you stand at the desk and take a picture that would be helpful too. and another picture of the console table with lamp from that direction. Such a beautiful space.
March 21, 2013 at 5:45pm   
rangervp
Thanks for the input. No TV in the room. Couch in front of the big window looking out?
March 21, 2013 at 5:58pm   
tennisanyone
So you would really use this room just for the fireplace viewing? That is your kitchen from the couch. Amaziing space and so much potential.
March 21, 2013 at 6:02pm   
tennisanyone
Have your tried the couch under the windows?
March 21, 2013 at 6:02pm   
rangervp
I have not. Facing in yeah? The couch is pretty big, same for the table. It seems like there should be two separate areas of seating.
March 21, 2013 at 6:05pm   
tennisanyone
Yes facing into the room but you will have to remove the desk. Yes two separate areas. One area is the couch with table under the window and the other I would think about is four swivel chairs with a table in the middle by the fireplace. You can always add another couch. Behind the couch, is that the front door?
March 21, 2013 at 6:10pm   
Interiores
I would move the lounge chair to the opposite side, giving more room for something next to the windows. The great fur rung is a little small to anchor the sofa and sitting area in from of the fireplace. I'd move it over by the windows and put 2 danish styled club chairs and a round coffee table. I went with the Danish style because your sofa and lounge chair have Danish styling. Since you are looking for the modern lodge feel... I went with leather. This way, it is warm feeling and people can sit and have drinks next to the windows (hopefully they have a view).

For the sofa area, I would look for a larger fur rug or perhaps sew two together. The hair would hide the seam. Since the room is so large, I would add two more club chairs, also Danish, to the sofa ensemble. Also, move the sofa back away from the fireplace a few feet.
March 21, 2013 at 6:15pm     
Tammy Vincer
I would get rid of the chair and add at least one wing back chair in place of the other ...add a floor lamp between it and the couch to add some height.....
March 21, 2013 at 6:17pm   
rangervp
Yeah that is the front door, and yes the desk is there just for the time being. We moved into this home recently.
March 21, 2013 at 6:18pm   
Tammy Vincer
Love interiores idea she has it right on the money.....for another idea try viewing a few hotels in the area and there lounges to see if they give you any ideas sometime a visual is necessary
March 21, 2013 at 6:22pm     
You definitely need a larger rug so that you can pull the entire sofa/chair arrangement farther away from the fireplace because you need to fill more of the space that you so nicely have. You need bulkier chairs to match the weight of the sofa and I'd make that two chairs, not one. They need to be armchairs, such as Interiores shows above.

If your builder provided floor outlets near your sofa, I would certainly add a floor lamp on one end of the sofa and an end table and a table lamp on the other end. The chairs will require a table between them, which I would make a round one. There's an example shown below.

In front of the windows, I suggest you acquire a long free form wood bench, the handmade kind with the live edge that includes some bark. See below. So I'd place that nice cowhide (?) rug in front of the bench and I like the handmade Tibetan rug shown below, or something similar, for in front of the fireplace.
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID Woven Round Accent Table
Walnut Live Edge Bench, Walnut Table
Gaon Naksha Natural-Dye Tibetan
March 21, 2013 at 6:48pm     
A trend that should end
Are there any interior design trends at the moment...
Need help in designing a kitchen which is in front of house
This room in an 18th Century house should be a library...
Looking for unique small vanity cabinet ideas
I am looking for unique ideas people have used for...
Booth eat in
I have an are off my working kitchen that I would like...