Traverse Curtain Rod
jent78
Hi! Has anyone used traverse curtain rods that have ring clips built in?
Do you see any advantage/disadvantage of using these over a rod with added ring clips?

Here is the rod I was looking at: http://www.lowes.com/pd_366477-28542-28587ZWBRNZ_0__?productId=3601634&Ntt=allen+roth+curtain+rod&pl=1¤tURL=%3FNtt%3Dallen%2Broth%2Bcurtain%2Brod&facetInfo=
SH interiors
Hi. The advantage is the ease of operation. With a traverse rod you have a rod or a cord to open and close the curtains. With a standard rod and ring clips it's difficult to open the curtains. Most times you will pull the fabric out of the clip when drawing them back; it just happens with pressure used when pulling them back.
March 22, 2013 at 10:28am     
JMittman Designs
I concur with SH-Interiors. If you will be opening and closing your curtains daily, you do not want to be pulling them open and shut by hand. I will even go one step further and not recommend the clips. I don't know what style curtain you are getting, but I'd take the clips off and hang your curtains with curtain pins--they can slide in the same place the clips are. I find clips difficult to work with, and usually are not substantial.
March 22, 2013 at 10:42am   
Curtains for Traversing Rod
My living room has a traversing curtain rod across...
is that a traverse rod or ripplefold rod/
Is that a ripple fold rod or a regular traverse rod? Thanks, Flo detailoriented@optonline.net...
Track rod vs traverse rod & ripplefold
I've seen a number of discussions on draperies/curtains....
How do I hide these ugly speakers?!
These speakers ruin the aesthetics of the room, how...
Do you sleep with blackout curtains?
Are you enjoying the bright nights? Although the shortest...
Kitchen help
I have lots of cabinets and they are from thirty years...
Smart thermostat?
Hi again....can anyone recommend a smart thermostat?...
Boxing in waste pipe
Here is my new en suite, all ready for sanitary ware...