Traverse Curtain Rod
jent78
March 22, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Hi! Has anyone used traverse curtain rods that have ring clips built in?
Do you see any advantage/disadvantage of using these over a rod with added ring clips?

Here is the rod I was looking at: http://www.lowes.com/pd_366477-28542-28587ZWBRNZ_0__?productId=3601634&Ntt=allen+roth+curtain+rod&pl=1¤tURL=%3FNtt%3Dallen%2Broth%2Bcurtain%2Brod&facetInfo=
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
SH interiors
Hi. The advantage is the ease of operation. With a traverse rod you have a rod or a cord to open and close the curtains. With a standard rod and ring clips it's difficult to open the curtains. Most times you will pull the fabric out of the clip when drawing them back; it just happens with pressure used when pulling them back.
March 22, 2013 at 10:28am     
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
JMittman Designs
I concur with SH-Interiors. If you will be opening and closing your curtains daily, you do not want to be pulling them open and shut by hand. I will even go one step further and not recommend the clips. I don't know what style curtain you are getting, but I'd take the clips off and hang your curtains with curtain pins--they can slide in the same place the clips are. I find clips difficult to work with, and usually are not substantial.
March 22, 2013 at 10:42am