what can I do with my home's exterior?
kjean1980
What color for the trim? Ok, I would love to paint all my trim white but since all the soffit is tan- hubby said it has to stay for now. But the things that we are going to be doing is some landscaping with raised beds, painting the rust red away and if I'm lucky, we can figure out some kind of porch to build over the doorway. My big concern with a porch addition is that with the window above the door being so low- I don't know what would really work there. (and my hubby said the window is his favorite= so unfortunately- it has to stay) Suggestions please? (btw- the house was a foreclosure and the pics are pre-move in)
Grace Jackson
Here is a color for the trim but the red HAS to go.... I don't think a porch would work with the window
March 22, 2013 at 3:24PM   
kjean1980
it was the first thing I said when I saw the house and 6 months later.... it's still here!
March 22, 2013 at 3:38PM   
DB Klain Construction, LLC
Get rid of the red, and use Portabello (SW6102) from Sherwin Williams.
March 22, 2013 at 3:43PM   
Rockin' Fine Finish
when you get to painting try this
March 22, 2013 at 5:14PM   
laurakdesigns
I think I'd go with a slightly creamy white. Warm white/not cool white. Even though the soffit is different the brown shades are too muddy looking
March 22, 2013 at 5:19PM   
Grace Jackson
This color would look great on ur house!!!
March 22, 2013 at 6:22PM     
Grace Jackson
U could do this low porch without the doors in front it will look better with a low window!!!!...... But u would need to paint the rest of the house the color of the porch.
March 22, 2013 at 6:33PM   
Lyle Lawrence
The porch in graces post would also work in an open layout with large square supports and open areas where the windows and door are shown.
March 22, 2013 at 7:38PM   
Lyle Lawrence
Depending upon budget you could carry it across to the right to join with the wall for a covered porch
March 22, 2013 at 7:40PM   
i would match a red to your bricks and paint the entire house one color. See if BM Somerville Red would work.

March 22, 2013 at 7:52PM   
Adrianna Berlingerio
If you are able to build, I'd build a porch with an overhang (portico) I'd add mantels to the top of your windows and add shutters. All the colors suggested by others work great. Good luck.
March 22, 2013 at 8:08PM   
kjean1980
next question- can aluminum soffit be painted? hubby says no- I think it can...
March 23, 2013 at 6:10AM   
miramira
Limbing up the lower branches of the trees would help to declutter the front area. It would be very easy and make a surprising difference. I would add foundation plants to ground the house. The light fixtures by the door are so light and high, that I would consider a more contrasting finish, and if possible have them hang down to give appearance of being lower. For safety and code, you may need handrails on the porch...I couldn't tell if there were any. Nice house!
March 23, 2013 at 6:29AM   
jesseleedesigns
Yes u can paint aluminum just clean and prep well to get powder off and use good exterior paint
March 23, 2013 at 7:02AM   
brody1313
I agree with painting the house a deeper color, even soffits and door.....adding new side lights.....taking off lower limbs of trees will make a huge difference.with foundation planting....after you do all this I don't think you will miss a porch.....its a great house....have fun and good luck
March 23, 2013 at 7:18AM   
Every house deserves a name
Does your house have one? Would you like it to? Please...
help with kitchen remodeling and floor
any suggestions for cabinet, gfloor n contertop wany...
New wall and trim paint help
2 years ago we repainted our kitchen/keeping room a...
Part 2 switching out of brown
I am sorry I just purchase a living room set in a...
I need texture print
Light gray walls, black doors, med brown wood grain...