Broken granite top - how do I repair
Kimala Dodson
I got a great double bathroom vanity sink. It was a super deal because the granite top is broken. It's one clean long break between the two sinks. Is it possible to repair if the break is very straight and clean?
Any photos of what the vanity currently looks like ?
March 22, 2013 at 7:19pm   
Kimala Dodson
Wow - glad you asked Dytecture. The break isn't what I recalled (have had this purchase for two years and just now decided to use it. Break is through a sink. The picture is of the back of the granite (that's how it's stored) and shows better in the picture due to glare.
March 22, 2013 at 7:37pm   
Carolina Custom Homes and Renovations,LLC
Yes it can be repaired but break will always be there. You will have to use a colored epoxy. You will need to keep the granite perfectly even and apply pressure to the joint. Most granite installer have a machine that levels and tightens these straight joints. I would call one in the area and ask how much to make the repair. if you try it on your own, than make some type of jig to keep them level and to apply pressure until it sets up.
March 22, 2013 at 7:42pm   
Kimala Dodson
Thank you. I had thought the epoxy would work. Unfortunately, I have asked area installers and non are willing to repair. It made me doubt if it could be done.
March 22, 2013 at 7:58pm   
What kind of vessel sink to use with our redwood top
Please see attached photos of our old-growth redwood...
Paint color and decorative pieces to go with bedspread! Help!!
Hey everyone! I need your help! I bought a new quilt...
Master bath pls help
Brown tiles, brown wall color everything brown. Looks...
POLL: Best Home Security System?
Everyone wants to make sure their home and family is...