Need help for my living room idea
Mayang Klyncu
recently we bought the house and renovated most of every room at the house, my husband its a stone mason so he done some stone wall and fire place him self.. and to complete the living room we still couldnt decide the seatting arrangement also color of matching it or bump up with accent color to make room not too plain, my draperies color is graysilver tone, the accent color wall is taupe and the stone wall mostly beige and light gray.. and we got classic rug thought it would be softening the color of the room.. my preference style probably classic contemporary or transitional.. thank you for the advice
mishbooth
Charcoal grey couch would look great. What does the wall to the right of the dining table look like?
March 22, 2013 at 11:07pm     
It's a Beautiful World!
Try to bring some wall art and see if you can pull any colors out of it as your accent colors. I see an orange runner on your table, so I am guessing you like orange? Here is one example of an image with some orange in it, just to give you an idea.
For more color inspiration, you can browse our galleries at http://ben-and-raisa-gertsberg.artistwebsites.com/galleries.html
Best of luck decorating your living room!... Raisa

March 22, 2013 at 11:20pm     
Stamps Design Services
Perhaps contemporary oieces like these from Room and Board, might look nice with everything else you have going on...
March 23, 2013 at 12:03am     
Manon Floreat
Wow, I'd love to see a better view of the stone wall - it looks amazing! If there are warm tones in the stone, you might consider repeating them in the furnishings and art. Your window treatments look rather formal. A tailored sofa such as the tuxedo may be a good choice for you. The traditional English arm may appeal to you as well. I think it has a more casual demeanor than the Tuxedo.

Below are the sofa styles I mentioned as well as a mock up of the tuxedo in your space. Perhaps it will give you some ideas. Artwork is by Keely Finnegan and Linda Monfort (from left to right).
March 23, 2013 at 12:05am     
Stamps Design Services
Here are some lovely prints from art.com.. The first is by Kathrine Lovell, the second by Danielle Bafod and the third by Norman Wyatt Jr.
March 23, 2013 at 12:05am     
Mayang Klyncu
the stone wall beside the dining room its natural stone, i really loved to have big art wall.. the one Manon Floret idea its really nice, hope it come with budget wise.. i used to browse some of the art piece actually, its really out of color tone from the room with purple flower as you see in the 2nd pic.. do you think it could work or I should continue the color tone from the entire room?

The seating arrangement with light taupe like Manon Floret picture just like what i have in mind, but assume it cost more.. also from stamp design service pic (2nd pic) loveseat its great idea as well, with bigger size ofcourse. thank you all for the advice
March 23, 2013 at 9:25am     
Manon Floreat
Thanks for the picture of the stone wall. I do see warm camel, taupe and ivory in it. For cohesion, I would encourage you to repeat those tones elsewhere so that it doesn't operate as a single unrelated element of the room. I think that the purple family would be a nice accent color for your neutral palette.
March 23, 2013 at 10:53am     
beetago
Agree with the charcoal couch...something that looks like men's wool suiting, its a classic look and warm too.
March 23, 2013 at 11:01am     
Mayang Klyncu
oh wow Manon Floreat.. thats look so great.. i really love it.. i just wondering if i should put that lamp on the 2 side table, instead? and also i was thinking to coordinate the draperies color tone silver gray.. i love that 2 small chairs, since i want to maximize the seating area

@beetago, charcoal couch that something to consider too, thank you
March 23, 2013 at 11:36am     
manon, you are gooooooood. Perfect in every way.
March 23, 2013 at 11:46am   
Jeffrey Brooks Interior Design
Happy Saturday, I have not read all of the responses you've received but I get the gist of the direction, especially the input from Manon. The colors and pieces she's recomended bring color and a level of softness which I think are going to work really beautifully here. One element that I'd inquire about is your Dining Room furniture. The walls, drapes, chandalier and rug have a lovely and feminine sensibility though the DR furniture appears to be out of sync. If I could, I'd make some changes in the DR. If the table and chairs must remain, maybe reupholstering the chairs in a lighter fabric would work for you. The chairs could be done simply with the same fabric on all, or, center a single pattern on the backs and the rest in a compliment. An embroidered medallion or damask print on each back. You might also add two head chairs in a Silver/Gray/ Purple fabric. If you were to consider making a bigger change, a round or oval table would work nicely.
March 23, 2013 at 11:56am     
Mayang Klyncu
i also have a question about the dining room wall.. theres 2 walls that i want to put some frame / art peace and mirror. any suggestion what kind of mirror or wall art for those wall?

the dining area its bit tight to put kind of cabinet, i wish it gives little bit space to back of the wall but coz the chandelier position we couldnt move the dining set little bit further. fyi: previously there was 2 small side wall between the dining room and the living room, so we removed it to make look open and bigger
March 23, 2013 at 11:58am   
Mayang Klyncu
Hi Jeffrey, I really get what you mean.. it was really tough decision to choose between fabric and leather look since we have small childrens, but we rarely eating there actually.. reupholster the chairs also ever come in mind but thinking how much will it cost still make me nervous, budget its really a big deal for us since we still have renovation going on.. and additonal chairs really good idea aswell. i really appreciate it and I'll keep your tips for sure.. thank you
March 23, 2013 at 12:15pm   
Ann
Manon's last mock up with the purple art you like is PERFECT. The only thing I would consider is possibly dark charcoal lampshades. I think Manon had a hanging or floor lamp in her first mock up with a dark shade and I really liked that.
March 23, 2013 at 12:35pm   
Ann
Oh, and I like the classic dining table and chairs. I do see Jeffrey's points, but I wouldn't spend a dime there.
March 23, 2013 at 12:38pm   
Committed Photography, Inc.
Excellent space Mayang. Try these art recommendations below. Everything here is made to measure so you are able to select if you would like canvas, or framed prints as well as the print size, frame type, matting, etc. Hope you enjoy!

Orientation Portrait: http://committedphotography.ca/photos/frame/685 http://committedphotography.ca/photos/frame/880 http://committedphotography.ca/photos/frame/406

Orientation Landscape: http://committedphotography.ca/photos/frame/358 http://committedphotography.ca/photos/frame/2519 http://committedphotography.ca/photos/frame/3990
March 23, 2013 at 12:52pm   
Mayang Klyncu
hi Ann, its really out of the box idea for me that Manon put the console table(if im not mistaken)behind the sofa.. thats simply amazing, just considering it would take space more rather than 2 side table, what do you think?
and thank you for liking my clasic dining table and chair. well maybe in the future when i have extra budget to reupholster the chair that would be good, still lather look but ivory tone just to brighter the dark mahogany wood chair
March 23, 2013 at 8:25pm   
Ann
I think two end tables would work, but I'd like to hear Manon's opinion. She just nailed a perfect design in my opinion. Your room will be beautiful!
March 23, 2013 at 8:47pm   
Manon Floreat
Hi, Mayang. And thank you Ann!

You're right, I was thinking a sofa table for behind the sofa rather than two end tables flanking it. The flanking end tables are common in traditional interiors and you could certainly go that route if that is your preference. But since you mentioned that you lean more towards classic contemporary or transitional, I thought a sofa table might be a good option in lieu of the end tables.

I like a sofa table for the surface opportunity it provides for art, lamps, a cup of tea, etc. They are particularly nice should you decide to float your sofa in the room.

For the dining room, how do you feel about a generously sized mirror on the back wall? A set of smaller oils arranged vertically could go between the windows, perhaps.
March 24, 2013 at 6:25pm   
Need help on my kitchen/dining room/ living room flooring ideas
We are commencing a very extensive remodel of a 1968...
Need help with decor ideas for my living room and dining room!
Hi guys! My husband and I recently built a new semi...
need help for furniture and design ideas for my living room
I've been in my home for almost 5 years. Hoping to...
Need help with ideas for my Living room!
Need help with ideas for my living room! Right now...
Help with outdoor light selection
Hi - I am looking for advice on outdoor light selections...
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
Okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
Driveway dilemma
Our driveway needed to be repaved...It was torn up...
Drape-gate
Due to a Houzz issue and amount of comments on the...
Living room recessed lighting advice re arrangement?
Hi there, looking for feedback on proposed can placement...