OLLD 3/23
March 23, 2013 in Other
Good morning all!
creeser
Good morning!
2 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 5:14AM
olldroo
Night all
4 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 5:37AM
olldcan
Morning Ladies and Roosters :)
Anyone have any great plans for today? I'm undecided as to what to do.
0 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 6:03AM
S. Thomas Kutch
A happy Saturday to all....................trying to stay upbeat. Suppose to rain all weekend, so it will be a stay inside one....good thing the NCAA March Madness is in full swing.

Roo, hope you have a good night's sleep.....or at the least better than the one I had......apparently the neighborhood Order of the Illustrious Raccoons had a convention in our backyard last night which drove the dog crazy...........paint ball guns are really good things to have on hand........nothing like a fuschia splattered raccoon to make a point. I really need to get an aiming laser for that gun. I'm also hoping that nobody videoed that little safari last night and plans on posting it on You Tube..........not that I wouldn't be the most handsome guy running around in a bath robe, half laced boots, a ball cap , a paint ball gun in one hand and a spot light in the other................it's just I don't like dealing with all the Paparazzi if you know what I mean.

I did manage to nail 3 of the little turds, but I"m hoping the rain today will wash away the missed shots on the fence............good thing I did get it sealed this summer. Oh well, that's what pressure washer are for I guess.

Time to fix some breakfast...............have a good one today folks.........and for God's sake behave, my paint ball gun is still with in easy reach.
6 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 6:14AM
olldcan
Too funny STK. We'll behave today but when the HOUZZ BAR opens tonight, they'll be no telling what will happen.
3 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 6:18AM
Paint balled racoons! What a great idea for my neighbors three cats that tear up our front lawn!
0 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 7:11AM
mpoulsom
oh lordy...i'm here. had a great day off yesterday even though it was chilly and gloomy outside. and i am still upset that i wrote all this info last night and then wasn't signed in. totally went POOF! like I hadn't typed a thing. I appreciate everyone's opinions and knowledge about what i should do as far as debt. i feel like my situation is a bit unique as far as what the house is worth and how much i paid for it. still haven't decided yet about the whole situation.

Got a lot of cleaning done yesterday, did the bank thing, loved my pups, friend came by last night to catch up and shared a pizza with her. I was pretty tired when I finally hit the sack. I don't even remember dreaming.

STK, sounds like you had an exciting eve...pink splattered coons. Kind of crazy. Does that paint glow in the dark?
0 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 8:34AM
mpoulsom
oh yea...found some scary pillows! I am dying to get some of course because they are so crazy and funny and hideous!! lol maybe as gifts for this coming christmas! HA!
1 Like   March 23, 2013 at 8:36AM
mpoulsom
you could have the whole fam damily sitting on the couch even when they are far far away! Or you could just torture people you hate! :)
2 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 8:37AM
mpoulsom
hey michi!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how was florida or wherever you went???
0 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 8:56AM
michigammemom
Awesome MP! Sun, sand and tropical cocktails always make for a good time.
6 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 9:12AM
busylady1
Four jackets rescued after yesterday's painting disaster! Still need another coat of white paint on the louvre wardrobe doors. Should be finished tomorrow.

Very cold here today, where is Spring!
2 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 10:10AM
mpoulsom
but ez...you have to admit they are kinda funny...

very cold here too busylady...and overcast...and it certainly does not feel like spring here at all! argh!

michi, sounds like a good time. was ti weird coming home (to snow i'm assuming??)?
0 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 10:20AM
creeser
MP, I would have a hard time sitting on those pillows. *L*
2 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 10:31AM
Oh boy, mp, those pillows are eerie! What if you get mad at the younger guy with the glasses? What do you do with his pillow? Stab it? Throw it in the trash? Compose a country music song and sing to it? (Like the song where the girl trashes the guy's truck while he is in the bar with another girl).

Hmmmmm, on second thought…instead of eerie pillow it could become therapy pillow!
1 Like   March 23, 2013 at 11:29AM
crees, I just choked when I reread your comment. Stop. It is not Saturday night yet.
0 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 11:30AM
olldcan, I have to go out for dinner tonight. Make sure you get the Houzz Bar rollin'. I'll be looking for it.
0 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 11:32AM
creeser
judy, judy, judy... Jimmy B says it's 5:00 somewhere and the weekend starts early in the Carolinas. ;) Re: pillows, they all just looked like they were whispering behind my back. So I thought I'd just sit on them. That'll teach 'em!
3 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 11:45AM
astraea
I'm baaaack! Luncheon was a success, but now I've got to go thru the paperwork collected, and start doing a post-mortem. I'm ready for a nap! Bobbi will be disappointed that the Governor came almost an hour late to an event prior to the luncheon .. and I had to sneak out before he spoke, to start setting up.
2 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 1:39PM
Astraea, what kind of a luncheon comes with paperwork? And did you see Gov Christie's wedding pic the other day? That man was thin!
1 Like   March 23, 2013 at 2:00PM
astraea
Yes, he was thinner than he is now! Some folks made reservations too late to pay ahead of time, so I have a collection of checks for that, and also checks with membership applications. I also want to update the reservation list to show everyone who paid. I've got to get "thank you" notes to send sponsors, and the officers/directors who donated door prizes. I also want to finalize my event "task list", then make a generic version that the event chair can use as a template to organize the next event on her own .. and have a "post mortem" with the event committee, to identify strengths & weaknesses. Sounds like a job, right?!
0 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 2:05PM
Good grief! Was this for the Republican National Committee?
0 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 2:17PM
mpoulsom
oh that's a job alright!!! you are NOT retired woman!
0 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 2:23PM
mpoulsom
Just got a great idea....we could all chip in and get bobbi those "crazy people pillows"....one of christie's head, one of matt damon's head, one of the many other male crushes that she has and she can throw them all over the house and scare R! lol
4 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 2:33PM
creeser
Too funny MP! Forgot to ask. WHERE did you find those pillows? I'm thinking of printing a bunch up of me and hubby and giving them to the kids. Or just slipping them on their couches when they aren't looking. Nothing like scarring the children for life. :)
4 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 2:45PM
mpoulsom
I sooo wish you would do that! I think I'll do one for mal's house too!! HAhahaha!
they were in my Fab.com email today. i wanna say Pillowmob or something is the name of the company. hold on. Yep..it's called PillowMob!
0 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 2:57PM
creeser
Thanks! I am so going to do that. I have a key to both of their houses. Can you imagine them walking in and see a dozen of me and Grandpa smirking at them on the couch. I might even do different facial expressions. Something to really scare them. *L*
1 Like   March 23, 2013 at 3:07PM
OMG I saw Matt Damon on tv today, he's got an Army haircut and he's GRAY!!! Oh, my baby.....
0 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 3:10PM
astraea
Bobbi – No; it’s the Federation of Republican Women.
2 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 3:52PM
olldroo
Morning all, brilliant sunshine and so hot and steamy here again - typical the minute Autumn arrives Summer decides to be a diva and make a comeback. At least it is great for catching up on a lot of washing and airing I needed to do - have mattresses and pillows out in the sun and washing mattress and pillow covers - sort of thing I would normally do in spring but last spring was missed with the renovations so nice to do it now when everything else is so fresh and clean. Next job will be to attack the debris from yesterday afternoon but decided to take my time with my desk and get everything properly set up and accessable in case I get another onslaught. At least dd apologised for not giving me warning and promises to do so in future. I also discovered the two younger ones had all the toys out and only half put them away - little monkeys!!! After that it will be chasing moths - pity paintballs won't work on them - and in the meantime I'll dream about the curtains I planned on finishing.
0 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 4:59PM
olldroo
Ez, you really are the sweetest person, you have a beautiful heart and never an unkind thought. I could only see those pillows as therapy - one of MIL especially so I could punch her face in every night.
3 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 5:02PM
Roo, you and are were cut from the same cloth :))
2 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 5:05PM
mpoulsom
good mornin roo!
home, have gone to the store for grub and am in for the night...hooray!

yes creesy....different facial expressions for sure. ;)
1 Like   March 23, 2013 at 5:06PM
mpoulsom
ez, you are totally right about the pillows. i would have to use them as a practical joke though. i wouldnt be able to stop myself. i am one that loves april's fools day.
0 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 5:09PM
mpoulsom
fyi..... i could be cut off at any moment. so if i disappear, you know why. haha!
0 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 5:09PM
mpoulsom
is it illegal to give puppies sedatives until they are grown?
0 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 5:11PM
Is your puppy too hyper? Hit him with one of the pillows!!!! Just kidding, no fan mail please.
1 Like   March 23, 2013 at 5:15PM
mpoulsom
Dali is a very strange little gal.....i think she is building a next under a large bush at the edge of the carport...she takes all kinds of things there and leaves them. I will be scared one day to see what;s under it.
0 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 5:27PM
olldroo
mp - where financial matters are concerned, like decorating, everyone has to make their own decisions as to what will work for them and what suits them best. I just hope we were able to give you options to pursue to achieve the best end result. Good luck with it all.

Talking houses too - I mentioned some time back that I thought we had a flipper in the street. The house down the road was sold for the first time in it's 50 years and an army moved in. Carpets (some brand new) were ripped up and the timber floor bleached, bathrooms totally renovated, not sure if the kitchen was completely replaced or the existing cupboards just updated and some removed to open the kitchen up - it is advertised as a "Chef's kitchen" so obviously storage isn't necessary. The roof and exterior brickwork was painted, paving done around the pool and the garden generally tarted up. It has so obviously been staged to sell with all hired furniture and just looks like ideas books here about staging for selling - everything is minimalist and bland, bland, bland to the point of being so obviously staged it really is boring and unattractive. There is no character to it at all. Anyway, we have to do some scrounging to see if we can find out what they paid for it, we think it was around the $950K mark, down from it's original $1.05m and it is now priced FROM $1.3m. By the time they pay stamp duty on the purchase, agents and legal fees, and capital gains tax they are going to need every penny of that to make a profit worth the 3 months work.

It was on the market for months the first time, it is a lovely house, well laid out and despite the bathrooms being dated everything was in pristine condition. It was the sort of house anyone could have moved into and comfortably lived in while it was done up bit by bit if necessary, it would have been a really good buy but until the flippers arrived it had no takers. Ding, ding???
1 Like   March 23, 2013 at 5:28PM
mpoulsom
lol bob! she is just non-stop, which is fine for me. i'm worried for Fooey. He's just not used to all this excitement. lol
1 Like   March 23, 2013 at 5:28PM
olldroo
mp - read up about Dali's breed. You may find clues to her behaviour and how to deal with it ............. unless J put a jinx on her when he brought her home - call an exorcist!!!
2 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 5:32PM
roo, YOU should have bought it! When you finish your remodel, whatever will you do with yourself? This could have been your new project :)) hehehe
0 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 5:32PM
mpoulsom
thanks roo......i have decided to wait until monday to make a decision. at the very least monday. my situation is very different. i wrote a book last night trying to give more details but i wasn't signed in and it all went POOF! I'm not one to just jump into things. A pool yes, but major things, no.
so you DID go take a tour of the house down the street after they fixed it up?
1 Like   March 23, 2013 at 5:33PM
olldroo
Give Fooey his own little quiet spot he can retreat to when it all gets too much and visit him there so he knows you still love him.
0 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 5:33PM
olldcan
Ladies the Beef Wellington recipe disappeared. I'll find something else and open the HOUZZ BAR :)
2 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 5:34PM
mpoulsom
oh i know about her breed...she is a work dog. a herder! but fooey cannot be her one sheep to torture!
2 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 5:35PM
mpoulsom
oh no...can's in the HOUZZ! watch out! it's cocktail time! ;)

and judyg is out getting liquored up with CP!
3 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 5:36PM
olldroo
No, I haven't yet, only saw the very expensive coloured brochure. They had it open Wednesday night which was unusual and I missed it and it wasn't open yesterday.

Take you time on your issues, the little extra interest you pay for a few weeks -v- making the wrong decision because you overlooked something, will be worth it. Have you had much luck with selling your paintings?
1 Like   March 23, 2013 at 5:39PM
0 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 5:39PM
mpoulsom
oops i forgot, i'm not supposed to say anything about judyg...because i will ruin her reputation... ;)
but she's gone right now...sooooo
1 Like   March 23, 2013 at 5:41PM
olldroo
WHAT!!!! They removed that whole beef welly thread????
1 Like   March 23, 2013 at 5:41PM
mpoulsom
go see it roo! aren't you dying to?? i would be.

i've only sold one painting. i need to flash some more on fb. maybe i'll get a bite. if you want to hear something horrible. she sent me a pic of the painting above the fireplace when she got it. it's in el paso, tx now btw. Looks great , but my first thought was to tell her to add 2 more things on either side of, add a mantel, or lower the painting slightly. STOP ME!!!!
1 Like   March 23, 2013 at 5:45PM
olldroo
Oh, mp, I WILL be stickybeaking. Some new agents here are handling it and my neighbour said they are really pushy. Heeheehee - right up my alley, dealing with pushy sales people is what I call sport.

I guess the old saying applies to everything - you can take the girl out of decorating but you can't take the decorator out of the girl!!!. Leave her be, she is happy. Better you might get recommendations through her by not doing anything.
0 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 5:58PM
Roo, get in there and offer them half price!
0 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 6:03PM
olldroo
Haha, bobbi, wouldn't have considered the place even if I had a $1m to spare. It is on a corner at the bottom of a very steep hill and corner houses just do not readily sell, definitely ones at the bottom of a hill as steep as this one is.
1 Like   March 23, 2013 at 6:08PM
Take some pics when no one is looking! I'd like to see what $1million is in Oz.
1 Like   March 23, 2013 at 6:10PM
mpoulsom
yea me too!
0 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 6:26PM
olldroo
Couldn't find you fb page bobbi so put a link on mp's fb.
0 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 6:27PM
mpoulsom
it is so interesting about the prices of homes isn't it? in different places. amazing the difference for what you get because of where it's located.
2 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 6:29PM
mpoulsom
i just tried to post pics on fb and it didn't work..dang it. maybe some drunkard would buy one of my paintings...lol
0 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 6:30PM
olldroo
Now you can see why I can't get over US prices.
0 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 6:31PM
mp, what's your fb?
0 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 6:32PM
olldroo
type her name in
1 Like   March 23, 2013 at 6:41PM
mpoulsom
lol
got cut off again
0 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 7:43PM
olldroo
Well bobbi and mp, just found out the flippers bought that house for $910K. Not happy about that price. Sent mp a link to the "before". $1.3m - I reckon they are dreaming.
2 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 9:54PM
I opened olld 3/24 with an Astraea alert!!!!
0 Likes   March 24, 2013 at 3:33AM
astraea
MP – I remember seeing a special on TV, maybe it was called, “The Secret Lives of Cats”. One of the cats featured was a thief, and they set up cameras to follow him/her around. She had an incredible stash of things she’d taken, and finally the owner set out a table displaying everything, inviting neighbors to reclaim their possessions .. it was really hilarious!

Roo – I wonder how the quality on those “Quick Flip” houses compares with a renovation done for resident owners! I often think that those houses are deliberately trendy & get A+ for appearance .. but worry that they’d get a D or maybe F as far as making sure the infrastructure is in as good shape as the appearance! What is “stickybeaking” .. being nosey?
0 Likes   March 24, 2013 at 5:16AM
olldroo
Astraea, that is the thing you would never know - until the problems started. The annoying thing is that the house was built by the owners and work subcontracted where necessary so the whole construction was as good as you could get, they would have had really good bones to work with in this case. What even annoyed me more was that the owner had put down beautiful quality all wool carpet and it was just ripped out to make the house trendy. The house is air conditioned, but if those floor boards aren't insulated underneath it will be one expensive house to heat, especially with our power costs soaring.

Yep, stickybeaking is being nosey.

I have a feeling I have seen something about that cat - can't remember what or when.
0 Likes   March 24, 2013 at 5:50AM
astraea
I found the video on YouTube .. Dusty the "Klepto Cat", San Matteo, California:
0 Likes   March 24, 2013 at 6:27AM
astraea
God knows, there have been many heated discussions on Houzz, about today's younger home buyers, and their needs/values. "New" and "Trendy" seem to matter a lot more to them, than quality & potential.
0 Likes   March 24, 2013 at 6:28AM
olldroo
That wasn't the one I saw. Actually it did bring back a memory though, many many years ago BH's family had a cat they called Mother Puss. She was never desexed as cats weren't in those days so constantly had kittens. One litter was very unsuccessful and all the kitties died. They lived in an old area where laundries were tacked onto the back of the house and after the kitties died, every night Mother Puss would raid the all the laundries around and bring home sox. Just sox, nothing else. Figured they must have been the nearest thing to kitties as she slept with them all. MIL had fun every morning doing the rounds of the neighbours returning lost sox. Of course keeping the cat inside would have made more sense!!!

Astraea, the thing here with the younger ones is the amount of money they actually have to spend. Lord knows what level of mortgage they carry although most of them have had homes or apartments to trade up, but $1m is still a lot to find.
0 Likes   March 24, 2013 at 6:39AM
astraea
Poor Mother Puss; that's a sad story! Has Australia gotten better about having pets neutered? Here they charge more on a license, for any unneutered pet .. more responsible!

Are salaries higher too, to cover those mortgages? Forgive me if I'm repeating myself, but when I bought my first house, in passing I asked my realtor how much mortgage I'd qualify for. When she told me the amount .. and what that translated into as a monthly payment, I said no way would I commit myself to spending that large a % of my take-home pay to my mortgage, and I could get a very nice house for a lot less money. I'm afraid that too many young people in America buy as much as they qualify for in a mortgage, rather than figuring out how much house they really need, without buying more than they can afford.
0 Likes   March 24, 2013 at 9:19AM
Linda
We have cheap houses around here - there are several small, cheap houses which need TLC available here in the 50-70K range, even cheaper for the really tiny ones. But, the realtors don't make much commission selling a $50K house and they could make twice as much selling one for $100K. So, I had one friend who ended up dropping her realtor when the person always had some reason not to show a house priced below 100K...it was always something like "well, you won't like it" or "this one is nicer" They were very concerned about not getting overextended as the husband is in construction and his paychecks vary by amount of work available, so didn't want to buy more house than needed. Also, it is an extended family situation and they don't want a large house with lots of space for various relatives to move in.

Once the realtor sees the mortgage info, they try to sell a house at least 90% of the max amount available.
0 Likes   March 24, 2013 at 2:21PM
Linda, where is this? Sorry, I can't remember.
0 Likes   March 24, 2013 at 2:24PM
Linda
bobbi - I'm in NW Chicagoland
1 Like   March 24, 2013 at 8:38PM
olldroo
Astraea. that was over 50 years ago, vets were few and far between in those days. I think you have to be registered as a breeder now to own a cat that is not desexed. For everyone else, there is no choice, although I'm not sure whether that applies to females only or does include males. The problem with not desexing males is the antisocial behaviour it brings out in them. Not having had a cat for years now, I've lost track of the current requirements.

I'm not really up on the current requirements as far as mortgages go. I know some places will let you borrow 100% but that would be if you had other equity and you would also pay a higher interest rate. Ideally you should have 20% for the most favourable deal but with flexible repayments now many people who have the ability to save prefer to put it into a mortgage as rents are very high and rentals hard to come by. We have a huge shortage of property generally. You don't pay someone else's mortgage if you can avoid it. After a few years, if they have made a significant impact (particularly with both spouses working) they renegotiate the mortgage for a more favourable one. Some mortgages are so flexible they are structured so you don't have to renegotiate. It is an absolute minefield now, there are so many options, I think it is why Mortgage Brokers are thriving, it is too hard for the average person.

Last July, the National minimum wage here was set at $15.96 per hour or $606.40 per week, but incomes over $100,000 pa are becoming the norm. Superannuation is compulsory and Medicare is paid as part of tax but you also need private health insurance that you pay yourself. Our health care system is totally different ot yours. A lot depends on the work and who you work for. This website and it's links might give you some better information
http://www.fwc.gov.au/index.cfm?pagename=minabout
0 Likes   March 24, 2013 at 8:58PM
creeser
Linda, the houses that are selling well here are in the $100K and just under range. Realtors may make more commission on higher priced homes, but most have figured out if they want to eat, they need to sell more of the less expensive homes. I wonder if that $80-$100K price range is easier to get financing?
0 Likes   March 25, 2013 at 4:35AM
astraea
I'm learning something (from Wikipedia):

Superannuation in Australia refers to the arrangements which people make in Australia to have funds available for them in retirement. In Australia, superannuation arrangements are government-supported and encouraged, and minimum provisions are compulsory for employees.[1] For example, employers are required to pay a proportion of an employee's salaries and wages (currently 9%) into a superannuation fund, but people are encouraged to put aside additional funds into superannuation. The minimum obligation required by employers is set to increase to 12% gradually stepping annually from 2013 to 2020.

What happens with people who make minimum wage, and need every penny of it to live NOW?
0 Likes   March 25, 2013 at 5:42AM
olldroo
Astraea, the Govt is worried that baby boomers will so take over Social Security with pension payments that income from taxpayers won't be enough and they are trying to get people to the stage of being self sufficient and doing away with pensions except in exceptional cases. I think wages have been and will be adjusted to provide for these payments. A lot of super rules are new and I'm not sure of things now, but on top of the money employees pay in, employers are also required to contribute.

We also have a salary sacrifice system here and older people who have paid off their mortgages will sacrifice to build their super closer to retirement. SS comes out pre tax so say you elected to ss $100 per pay, it could only cost you $70 because of the tax saving our you could ss $130 per pay to use the tax saving to build super.

They were only talking about this on the news tonight, I didn't take a lot of notice but low earners will get an annual contribution from the Govt of $500 towards their super.

They have also made chosing super funds more flexible for employees, once you were locked into whatever fund the employer used and people changing jobs every few years had money all over the place and were paying fees on each fund. Now you can keep everything in one fund it means only one lot of fees.
0 Likes   March 25, 2013 at 6:31AM
astraea
A lot of that is surprisingly similar to here. The only downside about more flexibility in investing 401K/IRA funds, is that some people take greater risks, thinking they can grow their nest egg faster .. and that can wind up a disaster.
0 Likes   March 25, 2013 at 6:33AM
olldroo
Our funds all have financial advisors or there are independent advisors as well and the funds have like packaged deals that diversify the money. A lot depends on age and the time you have, they reckon things run in cycles, so what you lose one bad year you grow again and more over the next 5 or 6. Unfortunately since the GFC nothing has been following plan at all. Most invest locally now, where once it was around 50/50 Aussie shares/International shares.
0 Likes   March 25, 2013 at 6:51AM
OLLD 5/23
Wakie, wakie everybody..........time to get up....damn...
S. Thomas Kutch
OLLD 4/23
Good Tuesday morning! What's everyone up to today?...
OLLD 2/23
Good Saturday morning! What's happening today? Welcome...
OLLD 9/23
Good Monday morning to you all, hope there's great...
mefor
OLLD 11/23
Good morning! Did everyone see this? http://www.houzz.com/discussions/252732/Face-book...
Plse help teen bedroom
Recently purchased mew home, my son wants his room...
michellewilmott
Need help updating our 1960 ' s ranch
We are wanting to paint the shutters, buy a new front...
ameshell
Updating Vanity
Any ideas on products/colors to use for updating this...
Farrah R
Hate my new granite!!! This whole process has been a nightmare :(
I'm really trying not to get so worked up about this,...
mhaber22
Contractors, Plumbers - Please help with my water heater fan noise!
I just moved into a new home - new construction. The...
doctornancy