Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
julie_hunt

Kitchen Lighting

Julie Hunt
11 years ago
Finally after over a year of planning we are finally just weeks away from starting our kitchen demo/remodel. One would think that after a year all of the details would be solidified however I have one more decision to make... lighting!
I am throwing around a few ideas but I was hoping to get some unbiased opinions.

Idea #1, install the 3 plain Jane lights already purchased.

CALYPSO Ceiling lamp - IKEA · More Info

Idea #2, install 3 lights with a little more pizzazz

Something like this

Industry Leader in modern and contemporary lighting and lamps. · More Info

or this

Possini Euro Design Three Stacked Rods Ceiling Light Fixture - #U6240 | LampsPlu · More Info

Idea #3, install fun track lighting through the center ceiling, like the following, however canned lighting is out of the question. (I love canned lights but don't want to explore the wiring situation.)

Olmos Park residence · More Info

Idea #4, install track lighting around perimeter with one large light in the center.

Kind of like this but with a flush mount. The room is too small to have anything but a flush mount light.

don har skon herrgard · More Info

something like this could be fun for the center light

ELK Lighting Retrovia 3 Light Flushmount in Polished Nickel 31024/3 | Elk Lighti · More Info

or this...

Possini Euro Design Glass Pod Swirl Ceiling Light - #M2887 | LampsPlus.com · More Info

or I could really crazy

Capital Lighting · More Info

Any other ideas and pictures are greatly appreciated. I am attaching photo's of the current kitchen, items being used and eventual floor plan. Thanks, for the help!

The following link should be the floor plan, not sure if it will work

http://kitchenplanner.ikea.com/US/UI/Pages/VPUI.htm

Our cabinets

IKEA Kitchen · More Info

We have chosen a granite similar to this

White Fantasy Granite · More Info

Range Hood

NUTID HDN SW850 Exhaust hood · More Info

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews