Wrapped canvas
Sharnay StaleyMarch 23, 2013
Ok this was my first time doing wrapped canvas. This is the pattern I have come up with for the wall. There will be another piece for the top and they still have to be straightened. Any suggestions?
It's a Beautiful World!
I am not sure what you are trying to acheive by hanging small canvases in a circle. Perhaps, your display may work with the rest of your decor, but it's hard to say from this one picture... Raisa
    Bookmark   March 24, 2013 at 12:40AM
This is not something that I would do in my home, but if you like it, then go for it.
    Bookmark   March 24, 2013 at 6:09AM
Sharnay Staley
Can u give me some suggestions then. I have a blank wall and I an trying to get different ideas for it
    Bookmark   March 24, 2013 at 6:19AM
handymam
I applaud you on your creativity Sharnay! I just wish that the one in the center had been larger, and rectangular. Any possibility of making another one? And then, turn the other small ones to line the sides, straight on, not turned. Purhaps you could add another detail onto the small ones as well to make them more decorative. For example, you could use them to act as mats for photos or cut out the flowers from the fabric and adhere to the small frames as art. I think this could work with a little tweaking.
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 24, 2013 at 6:26AM
DIAspoton
to be honest it's just not working for me. i'd lose the smalls. the colors in the center print are fine i just don't care for the flowers. but if you like it, her's a thought : find some rough old boards, like a section of discarded old privacy fence. stain it deep black. it should be quite a bit larger than the center canvas and could be rectangular or square. mount the canvas to it so the black becomes an interesting background. try it off center 1st. you may prefer a more balanced approach.
the idea is to make it more interesting and i don't think enlarging the floral image would accomplish that.
1 Like    Bookmark   March 24, 2013 at 6:41AM
turnla
I'm not a fan of the circular pattern but I love stretched canvas art. Can you provide instructions?
    Bookmark   March 24, 2013 at 6:56AM
tripp1
No, no, no. Leave the center an snugly put the others on top or both sides. Try that
1 Like    Bookmark   March 24, 2013 at 7:00AM
Sharnay Staley
Thanks everyone for your feedback @handy I can redo it to a longer frame and I love the idea of adding something to the smaller one. I did play around with it last night and decided against the tilted smaller ones here is a picture. Keep in mind I did this before I received everyone's suggestions. I do see where I can modifications
    Bookmark   March 24, 2013 at 9:08AM
losthorizonlisa
how about 2 or 2 sets of 2 (4) on each side of the flower print, snug, with random blocks of color on each side (not matchy match) so that it make a strong horizontal unified statement?
1 Like    Bookmark   March 24, 2013 at 9:52AM
alwaysdesigning
Your wall needs some interest behind the art. Create some large moldings on the wall, paint the interior space a bright complementary color, and hang all the canvases within this space to create an even bigger focal point. Right now it seems very cluttery with no relationship. Think about making a triptych of large canvases, add two more, and it should improve the balance too. Create some additional interest with additional canvas in different sized forms. Create islands of art inside large outlines of moldings spaced along the wall. Good luck.
[houzz=HCC BASEMENTS]
[houzz=Gorgeous Living Room in Hollywood Regency Style - Robert Naik photography]
[houzz=Stamford Living Detail]
[houzz=Laundry Room]
[houzz=Natalie Blake Studios]
[houzz=Nicole Lanteri]
[houzz=POGGI DESIGN]
[houzz=Masterpiece Design Group]
[h[houzz=Campbleville Home]ouzz=Lake Shore Drive Penthouse]
1 Like    Bookmark   March 24, 2013 at 10:15AM
Master
One outside wall has a beautiful view of the deck and...
gsracer
Executive Office
This office is huge, yet all the furniture seems to...
kdeg
24x36x1.5 Gallery Wrapped Canvas...READY TO HANG....Only...
Terracegallery
Which do you prefer - Canvas Art of Framed Art
I'm in the mist of selecting some large pieces of art...
jeankris
Need help in decorating bedroom
The walls in our room are a medium gray, the bedding...
delalauren
Counter top colour
I'm planning on new counter tops later in the spring,...
momtoalexsarah
HELP
We need a new roof ASAP. Would appreciate any advice...
pattyrsh
how about teak wood furniture from jepara ?
where is from : http://cvmebelfurniture.blogspot.com/2015/01/tempat-tidur-tiara.html...
Rizal CV Furniture jepara
Searching for lamps
What is the proper height for bedside lamps? Would...
toomanywhitewalls
Sola tube in metal roof
Thinking of putting sola tubes in my walk in closet...
chi s