Lighting suggestions please!
marionconger
Our kitchen/eating area has all different lighting, including the original builders globe in the kitchen area. We had removed old track lighting over the "peninsula"when I painted the ceiling, and we can't decide what to put there...the box is not over the centre of the counter so we can't really do a pendant there. The pendant over sink is new, though think it is too high. Can we leave the fan and replace the rest? Really can't decide on a style lighting....help!
There are tracks that mount on the box and have extensions for the individual cans or pendants. I would consider semi-flush and chandelier style drum fixtures for the kitchen and to replace the fan. Search under Products at the dropdown for the box above. Look for track light pendant, semi-flush drum, and drum chandelier or drum pendant to see lots of options.
March 28, 2013 at 1:44PM     
jayjaystone
U need to get rid of all three light sources in that kitchen they all conflict. Hang some sort of chandelier above table for sure to ground that space, I would think about recessed lighting for Rest kitchen
March 28, 2013 at 2:00PM     
Interiors International, Inc.
The look of the room is country casual so you may want to stick with that style. Now there are too many styles competing.
March 28, 2013 at 2:11PM     
tlsq
That globe has got to go. It just takes away from an otherwise nice kitchen. I think a semi-flush fixture would look nice there. Home Depot has some pretty ones. I'd go as big as you can get away with. I'd also get one in the same family to replace the fan. Fans over tables just seem silly because you don't want to cool your food.
March 28, 2013 at 2:12PM     
marionconger
Thanks. I don't like any of present lighting, considered keeping the fan because it really isn't over the table, it is more between table and counter (why it wasn't cantered, I don't know). The 4th light source is just the hole in the ceiling over the counter, track was thrown away before painting. Would it work if I went with brushed nickel or would brown/oil4rubbed bronze be better?
March 28, 2013 at 4:28PM   
Chap De Laine's Interiors
Get rid of the fan and put matching flush mounted fixtures. On the open electrical over the counter, just have someone (electrician) cap it off. You really don't need any more stuff on the ceiling.
March 28, 2013 at 4:35PM   
tlsq
I like oil rubbed bronze but brushed nickel would draw in the stainless in the appliances so I think you could go with either. I would keep it in the same family as the pendant over the sink, though. Another idea is to use the fan electric and swag a nice chandelier over the table.
March 29, 2013 at 7:23AM     
marionconger
Tthanks for your ideas. Really like the idea of swagging light over table. That is doable and saves moving box and repairing ceiling drywall, which would show. I know there are a lot of lights in this room (also have track lights under upper cupboard, guess builder went crazy, lol). I'm attaching pic of adjoining family room, wonder if you would still think nickel would work?
March 29, 2013 at 8:24AM   
tlsq
Awesome house! I think I would go with the oil rubbed bronze now that I've seen the rest of the space.
If the pendant cord isn't the same bronze you could always faux paint it to match the finish you pick for the others.
March 29, 2013 at 8:40AM     
marionconger
Thanks. House has great bones, it has just been well loved, lol, for 18 years and time to refresh it. Yes, think the bronze, as much as I love nickel, can't force it where it shouldn't go. (One thing leads to another, and another etc).
March 29, 2013 at 9:11AM   
light blue wall paint suggestions please
I have tried B/M Quiet Moments.too gray.........Valspar...
Please suggest new chairs for table and light ?
I have modern leather barstools to consider coordinating...
overhead lighting suggestions please :)
Hi, I like a bright room. This living room is too...
Light and or accessory suggestions please!
Any light or accessory suggestions? Thanks!
Suggestions for inexpensive version of this wall mount light, please
I'm looking for an inexpensive, wall-mount light for...
I got new windows about a year ago. (Issues?)
Hello, So I got some nice new expensive impact windows...
Declutter Challenge! - August 2014
I don't know about you, but I have several areas in...
Should I paint the wood trim throughout our home?
Currently we have stained wood molding throughout our...
is this rug too busy?
Should i just get a simple rug and add color with pillows?...
What wooden ceiling should i put here to match room
kindly mention color name and pattern texture etc