Choosing paint colors for master suite
kctherriault
March 24, 2013 in Design Dilemma
espresso cabinets, natural colored tiles in shower w/taupe colored floor tile, vaulted ceiling in bdrm and bath dark hardwood floor in bdrm
like a zen feel to it
thank you
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
azelizabeth
I just used BM november rain. I know it is in the green family but I have dark floors, dark bed, lots of white shutters and my room now looks so calming and inviting. I love it. I went with Pottery barn Isabelle bedding in ice blue and the room is fabulous. November rain is a neutral that picks up other colors.
March 24, 2013 at 7:12am   
PRO
Joanne Jakab Interior Design
Since you havent attached an image it's not obvious if the tile's "natural" color is actually brown, yellow or grey/green - taupe can be any of these. What you are seeing and now describing is not actually a universal language and I feel once you follow on houzz this is one big lesson homeowner's are learning.
For my design aesthetic -in order to feel zen - I would use a monochromatic colour scheme on a cooler side.
I recommend you try a few free paint chips first. Tape them up on top of a white sheet of paper on top of the cabinets and the shower tiles in the actual room so you can discern if the combination feels good to you. I would try Benjamin Moore OC-10 White Sand, Inukshuk CC-460, Grant Beige HC-83 or Dufferin Terrace CC-456. If this is the room you will be putting on your make-up in the morning, I would keep away from anything with a strong green undertone.
March 24, 2013 at 7:28am   
kctherriault
thank you Joanne for your quick response. The sheet rock just went up (not taped yet) and the tile hasn't been delivered yet but I know that once it's taped they'll want paint colors so I'll send a pic of the hard wood, and tile as soon as they deliver the tile.
March 24, 2013 at 11:09am