Choosing paint colors for master suite
kctherriault
espresso cabinets, natural colored tiles in shower w/taupe colored floor tile, vaulted ceiling in bdrm and bath dark hardwood floor in bdrm
like a zen feel to it
thank you
azelizabeth
I just used BM november rain. I know it is in the green family but I have dark floors, dark bed, lots of white shutters and my room now looks so calming and inviting. I love it. I went with Pottery barn Isabelle bedding in ice blue and the room is fabulous. November rain is a neutral that picks up other colors.
March 24, 2013 at 7:12am   
Joanne Jakab Interior Design
Since you havent attached an image it's not obvious if the tile's "natural" color is actually brown, yellow or grey/green - taupe can be any of these. What you are seeing and now describing is not actually a universal language and I feel once you follow on houzz this is one big lesson homeowner's are learning.
For my design aesthetic -in order to feel zen - I would use a monochromatic colour scheme on a cooler side.
I recommend you try a few free paint chips first. Tape them up on top of a white sheet of paper on top of the cabinets and the shower tiles in the actual room so you can discern if the combination feels good to you. I would try Benjamin Moore OC-10 White Sand, Inukshuk CC-460, Grant Beige HC-83 or Dufferin Terrace CC-456. If this is the room you will be putting on your make-up in the morning, I would keep away from anything with a strong green undertone.
March 24, 2013 at 7:28am   
kctherriault
thank you Joanne for your quick response. The sheet rock just went up (not taped yet) and the tile hasn't been delivered yet but I know that once it's taped they'll want paint colors so I'll send a pic of the hard wood, and tile as soon as they deliver the tile.
March 24, 2013 at 11:09am   
Same paint color for master bedroom and master bath suite?
We are painting next weekend and I'm trying to give...
Need help choosing finish for master suite mirrors
Hi, our whole lighting group is Casa by Hinkley. Our...
Need help choosing a paint color for our Master Bath
We chose burgundy cherry cabinets with white spring...
need help choosing a paint color for my master bedroom.
Duvet is tan, white with pewter trim. Have accessorized...
need guidance to ehance bedroom
I have clicked pictures from all dimensions need all...
Three Bathrooms in the house using same tile and cabinet combination?
Is it good idea to use the same wall & floor tile and...
Need help on traditional door knobs, locks (bronze). Best brand?
Need help on traditional door knobs, locks (leaning...
Need help with curb appeal
This is my grandparents home that I will moving into...
A trend that should end
Are there any interior design trends at the moment...