Sandra Gibbs
June 22, 2011 in Photo Questions
doesn't this have to be sealed repeatedly?
DeCocco Design
Travertine has lots of indentations, so you need to make some decisions when you use it. Those indentations can be filled with grout before sealing the whole tile, or not filled with grout--but then seal it anyway. If it's on a floor, the indents must be filled or you can imagine what you're going to end up with! Sometimes we don't fill them when using it on the wall. Depends on the application. It's a beautiful, affordable tile.
1 Like   June 22, 2011 at 5:36PM
Joe Falco
Seal it every few years. It's stone. fuggedaboutit.
0 Likes   August 20, 2011 at 11:55PM
Authentic Durango Stone™
Thank you for asking about sealing of Durango Stone. Actually we call our trademarked name Authentic Durango Stone as many claim to have Durango Stone, yet do not. Our stone comes from company owned quarries and is processed in our own state of the art Italian factories. Sealing should have the word "properly" in front every time because even a low grade sealer with very little application is called sealed yet it may not be. When properly sealed our stone will stay sealed for 10 years if sealed with quality sealer such as Prosoco Limestone and Marble protector. Apply enough sealer to wet the stone for 30 minutes. For full instructions see our web site at www.durangostone.com
Frank Cunningham President of Authentic Durango Stone
1 Like   April 29, 2012 at 3:11PM
Authentic Durango Stone™
For clarification, our state of the art Italian factories are located in Durango, Durango Mexico.
0 Likes   May 9, 2012 at 2:43PM
bwalkchief
Glad you clarified your factory's location. I know true Durango to be a Mexican stone. In regard to sealers and their longevity, it should be explained that it depends on the final finish the customer requires and in the case of flooring, type and amount of foot traffic. While it's true, protectant sealers on the market can provide protection from waterborne contamination for many years, solvent/oil based contaminants can overpower these sealants and if other than the natural dry stone finish is desired such as semi or full gloss finishes, these, especially in high traffic areas require repeated treatments.
0 Likes   February 28, 2014 at 6:00PM
What do I do for lighting kitchen island with open floor plan?
My husband only likes lighting with some kind of shade...
How should I update this Kitchen??
The decor is from previous owners. What should be the...
My "Woman" Cave... a soon to be peaceful retreat for ME!
This room has 2 sets of french doors with a set up...
Tall walls! What to do
Just had walls painted in sw front porch. I have a...
Need help for my Den?
We are planning to install hardwood, built-in desk...