Need quick kitchen update -- Help?
coffeeyog
March 24, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Any advice on a quick update for my kitchen, which I think is hurting the resale potential of my otherwise updated (and I think terrific) house. I can put in granite countertops and paint the cabinets and/or walls, but I'd like to try to keep the backsplash (which is so integrated into the walls that I think removing it would be opening a can of worms). I also have both white and stainless appliances, as we have simply updated these as needed. The floor plan is open and the first photo shows the view over the counter to the great room. I'd love suggestions for colors and good paints for cabinets. Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lefty47
HI -- Most important is, replace the counter top with a solid surface material like Quartz or granite to go with the backsplash, then match up the appilances - you could get used ones. And maybe a nice soft color on the walls . Benjamin Moore - Revere Pewter or a soft light creamy color like Gentle Creme . And thats all I would put into it cost wise if your going to sell ,- other wise you may not get your investment back if you did much more . Also possibly put some new hardware on the cabinets or give the cabinets a good clean and polish .
March 24, 2013 at 10:54AM