Need ideas for my home office/music room/guest room.
tangy2
March 24, 2013 in Design Dilemma
My walls are a butter yellow - with a dark brown accent wall. I would like some ideas about how to best organize my husbands musical equipment as our floor space is now pretty much gone. He has two saxes, two guitars and a really awful table that we are just using temporarily to hold papers and music books. for My desk is L shaped charcoal and grey frame - glass top, two pieces, one side under a huge window. We just purchased design within reach twilight sleeper sofa for the opposite wall from the desk, also in charcoal. I would like this room to feel like a chill space, a space where guests can feel welcomed and relaxed as well as a cool space for us to practice and work on stuff in. Any ideas what I should do with the wall behind the sleeper sofa? We like modern/cozy, are not afraid of color and love West Elm style stuff.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
the essentials inside
Hi tangy2! Sorry you didn't get any responses.

Can you upload some pictures of your space?

Lyvonne
www.essentialsinside.com
0 Likes   April 17, 2013 at 8:32AM
PRO
ASVInteriors
Could you hang some really original types of hooks to hang your husband's instruments:
Harry Allen does some "expensive but sooo effective" hooks

These behind the sofa would be very cool indeed
1 Like   April 17, 2013 at 8:37AM
PRO
Positive Outlook Organizing
Using bicycle pulleys that hand bikes from the ceiling can be used to hang the sax and guitars at interesting angles and heights. (well polished brass and you can cover the guitar case in a uniform accent color like Pumpkin or Yuma).

There are great instrument hooks at local guitar shops that work on the wall. You can hang your instruments in the shape of your initials to take up the area above the couch.

I think it's important to first organize what you plan to do in this chic lounge. You have two desks, paperwork, a couch, instruments...Are you really going to be paying bills while listening to saxophone down there? If not then move the paperwork to a different room. If so, use shelving to store paperwork: sort papers in office files or magazine racks that sit on a shelf. Keep your desk and table clear and just have accent color holders/folders/pencils on it.

You can place non-immediate paperwork in portable file boxes and stack in an inconspicuous place. Hope this helps.

Jolie
1 Like   April 17, 2013 at 9:59AM