Need help choosing gray for vanity ASAP
ellenp1214
I need some opinions! I am having so much trouble choosing a gray for my bathroom vanity and the painters start in 2 days. Pretty much everything is decided BUT the color of the vanity.

Here's the deal:
The vanity is pretty long (78") and visually takes up a large part of the bathroom.
Countertop is honed Carrara.
Walls will be a soft coral blush color (BM pink moire at 50%).
Floors are honed Carrara with black mosaic tile border (see pic).
Tub surround is subway tile.
Grout is a medium gray (TEC Mist)
Trim is BM Mayonnaise

My dilemma is this: The grays in the floor and countertop read slightly blue to me, but I don't want the vanity to read TOO blue, especially concerning next to pink walls. I thought I had it narrowed down to either BM Gray Huskie OR BM Graystone, but I think those look a bit too brown for the Carrara. It looks great with the wall though. Which of these do you like? If neither, let me know what you would suggest.

Thank you!!
julieg77
I have Carrara in my bathroom and worried about the gray reading blue as well. I went with BM Stonington Gray for the walls and love it :). It's much lighter than the ones you've chosen though. I have dark espresso vanities but I see you have black in your floor... Why not do black vanities?
1 Like   March 24, 2013 at 4:38PM
ellenp1214
Thanks for the ideas! The bathroom is maybe 10x10 so I'm afraid a black 78" vanity will overwhelm the space. I also worry about it looking a little too retro with the blush colored walls. I also just really love gray! :) But maybe my fears are unwarranted. The number of grays to choose from is making my head spin.
0 Likes   March 24, 2013 at 4:47PM
A Crew of Two
I like the Gray Huskie- I think it will look really elegant in the room.
1 Like   March 24, 2013 at 4:52PM
julieg77
I guess I'm thrown by the pink walls, I missed that part and its hard to picture. I'd go soft gray walls and black vanity but I'm sure whatever you end up doing will look good.
1 Like   March 24, 2013 at 4:55PM
ellenp1214
Thanks. At this point the pink is throwing me too. ;) I know pink is a bit unconventional, but I've always been partial to pink bathrooms. It's a really flattering, happy color! This pink is quite soft, similar to the attached picture.
0 Likes   March 24, 2013 at 5:00PM
Jayme H.
I like the gray husky better, but I do believe it is a blue gray.
0 Likes   March 24, 2013 at 5:03PM
CMR Interiors & Design Consultations Inc.
You should do a glossy black or glossy rich wood.....because that gray in the tile is nearly a periwinkle blue-gray. Plain gray will look unsophisticated and bland. But if you must pick between the two, pick the one that matches more closely on the right. Look at the Waterworks website. Great pics of vanities with floors like this .
1 Like   March 24, 2013 at 5:04PM
julieg77
I agree with previous post. Gray and pink (it is a pretty pink color), will look like a nursery or bland. I think black lacquer all the way! Here is a pic of my bathroom with stonington gray and dark vanity so you can picture it. Good luck with whatever you choose!
0 Likes   March 24, 2013 at 5:07PM
julieg77
Sorry, it got cut off? Ill try this...
0 Likes   March 24, 2013 at 5:11PM
Interiores
I think your instincts are correct. I think both those greys have too much brown. What about one with a VERY SLIGHT blue undertone that won't clash with the pink.
1 Like   March 24, 2013 at 5:14PM
ellenp1214
Thank you! Maybe I should stay away from mid tone grays and go more charcoal? Something more like this. My hardware is nickel.
1 Like   March 24, 2013 at 5:17PM
ellenp1214
Interiores, thanks. What gray is that? Things that look slightly blue on a paint chip look much more blue to me in the room, but this one looks nice on my monitor.
0 Likes   March 24, 2013 at 5:18PM
A Crew of Two
2 Likes   March 24, 2013 at 5:23PM
Interiores
I saw the swatch via google... art-paints.com... it is called signal grey. Also... the very light grey in Kelly's post i think would work with the pale pink. Seems like the lightness would echo the pinks, bl;ues, greys in the marble.
1 Like   March 24, 2013 at 5:35PM
ellenp1214
Now I'm thinking maybe BM "Dior Gray." It works well with the coral hue in this photo.
1 Like   March 24, 2013 at 5:37PM
ellenp1214
I'm going to pick up samples of BM Dior Gray, and BM Rock Gray tomorrow. Hopefully that will allow me to make a final decision. I'm starting to think the lighter to mid-tone grays won't have enough contrast with the walls. I appreciate the help.
1 Like   March 24, 2013 at 7:53PM
Rockin' Fine Finish
This a nice color I painted a vanity with this color turned out great
1 Like   March 24, 2013 at 8:17PM
ellenp1214
OK, here are the 2 new colors. I'm liking these much better. Not sure why I was afraid to go darker. Anyway, I think the Dior looks a bit purple, but at the same time I like the depth it has compared to the Rock gray. The jury is still out. Thoughts?
0 Likes   March 25, 2013 at 12:56PM
Chroma Design
Short and sweet.... AC-26 ozark shadows from BM.
0 Likes   March 25, 2013 at 1:13PM
ellenp1214
That's a beautiful gray, but I'm thinking it's too light for this application. Hmm.
0 Likes   March 25, 2013 at 1:19PM
mpoulsom
I like the second color pic of your original color options at the beginning of the post....the huskie
you've done well so far it looks like...trust your gut and go! you've made all the hard decisions....paint is easy to change. :)
1 Like   March 25, 2013 at 1:34PM
ellenp1214
Thanks. :) I agree that the huskie would look fabulous, if only my border 2x4 tiles didn't read so blue. We're paying a good chunk of money to get this painted professionally so I won't be repainting it for a long time, hence my obsession over picking the perfect shade. LOL

I am also considering going one shade lighter on the Rock Gray color strip to Delray gray: http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/delraygray
0 Likes   March 25, 2013 at 2:11PM
Interiores
I like Dior.
2 Likes   March 25, 2013 at 2:13PM
A Crew of Two
Dior
2 Likes   March 25, 2013 at 7:19PM
ellenp1214
I've decided to go with Dior. It's a gorgeous color so I'm not going to worry about it matching the floor perfectly! I'll post a photo later this week when it's completed.
2 Likes   March 25, 2013 at 8:06PM
Cass Collins
Can't wait to see it. Sounds fabulous! I agree with Dior, btw.
1 Like   March 26, 2013 at 3:47PM
ellenp1214
Update on the vanity! Here are some pics. At the last minute I decided to do 50/50 Dior/Rock because in the morning light Dior looked really purple. It looks much lighter in the enamel than my flat samples did... lesson learned there. It's definitely a blue based gray, but on the other hand, the color matches my border tiles really well. It's not exactly what I was envisioning but I hope it will grow on me.
3 Likes   April 3, 2013 at 3:42PM
Jayme H.
Well done!
1 Like   April 3, 2013 at 3:49PM
Cass Collins
Looks great!
1 Like   April 3, 2013 at 4:12PM
Need help choosing paint color ASAP!
Does anyone have a photo of a kitchen painted in Ben...
kathyjpm
Need help choosing granite asap!
My new engineered wood floor is called Hickory Tuscany...
eholtzman
NEED HELP CHOOSING WINDOWS ASAP!!!
Need to decide on windows for major renovation. I...
Jana B.
Need Help on choosing patterns to match Damask Gray/Ivory chair.
Hello, I have bought a grey/ivory damask chair and...
Emily
Need help choosing benjamin moore grays
We are building a new house - open concept and I love...
lokilb
Backsplash Catastro-Clash
Our new kitchen reno is almost done. And hallelujah...
gduplessis
How can we improve the look of this fireplace?
When we bought the house everything in it was monochromatic....
cmaddy
What are your home plans for 2015?
What have you got in store for your home in 2015? ...
Need Help With Hanging Paintings
Moved from a larger house into a smaller 2BR condo....
luvinlex
Blinds White or Expresso
Having a hard time deciding between White or Expresso...
blackhawks2000