Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
backintouch

Could you please tell me the pavers that you chose? their size, and the width of the patio. thank you!

Shelter Island fisherman's cottage · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    SchappacherWhite Architecture D.P.C.
    11 years ago
    Bluestone 2' x 2' The paved area at the end of the pool is 12' deep and extends 2' beyond the pool at each side.
  • PRO
    BC Jade Designs
    11 years ago
    Carved concrete tiles around that edge would frame that in really nice and give texture underfoot at the pool's edge for safety.
  • PRO
    Holgan Land Surveying, PC
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you so much. Since my renovation, my pool is 18x42 because we removed the old, fiberglass steps and brought it out further with interior stadium seat type steps. They came out beautiful. The second step is a ledge that is 24". Along the length of one side of the pool is a raised garden bed which will have a stone retaining wall. Between that and the pools water edge is 4ft. On the opposite length side ether is about 12ft to the fence between myself and my neighbor, total sun side of pool) pool lies parallel in my backyard, with the deep end of course being furthest away from my house. Three is a "courtyard" type space right of the house that is enclosed with very tall shrubs that create total privacy. We haven't paved that yet and don't know what to put there, our hire to design (gardens vs patio together). Once out of that area, there is lawn of about 16ft to the pools edge where the new pool steps are, (some sun/shade). I'm just not sure how much patio I should do. I love the look of this, its very classic. Any suggestions would be very appreciated. Thank you so much!
  • PRO
    SchappacherWhite Architecture D.P.C.
    11 years ago
    Hi, It depends on zoning setbacks, sun orientation, do you want sun or shade, how much seating is required, budget, etc. Would be best to speak with a local designer that can assist you.