Need help for curtain and rod placement.
portend2
I need to be able to block the sun in the mornings so I want to put a rod at the top of the arched window with shimmery white curtains on either side. And then I can't decide what to do for the side windows since they aren't as high as the middle window.

Some ideas I've had for the side windows-

Hang the rod about 6"-12" from the top of the window.
Hang the rod right at the window height.
Follow the lines of ceiling with an angled rod and always have the windows covered.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Jill J. Wallace, Color Redesign
A few ideas come to mind:
You could outside mount a similar style blind to fit the top window as if it were a rectangular shape instead of following the arc. That blind could always stay closed, allowing flexibility to adjust the lower window lighting.

Are you looking to physically close the white curtains? If not they could be mounted on a short rod on the outer side of the middle windows close to the ceiling, essentially grouping the center three windows and then an equal height repeated for the two side windows. What is the distance from the top of the arc to the crown? 12"? 9"? That number will help determine how high to place the side window rods for a symmetrical look.

The angled rods may not look aesthetic/ appealing.
0 Likes   March 25, 2013 at 11:34AM
rod handler
I hate it when builders engineer in some bizarre shape that looks like it doesn't belong anywhere.
The thing here is to unify the windows as much as possible. Put like-colored molding between the center windows and the tob arched window. Also put some trim below all four windows to make them sit well on the floor. Geet rid of the shades. After the molding is in think about what sort of privacy you want and need, and try to achieve it with minimal fuss using fabric that, when tied back, occupies the awkward corners between the windows. Move the plug off to the side and paint it to match the walls.
0 Likes   March 25, 2013 at 11:43AM
portend2
Thank you for your suggestions. I hadn't thought about putting more molding but I like that idea.
I really like the light coming in in the day so I wouldn't want blinds hanging up there and I want to be able to close the curtains at times too since the sun shines directly on our bed as is.
My ceilings are 11' and the distance from the top of the arc to the crown is 8". So how high should I hang the side curtains? I was thinking about doing solids whites with sheers on all windows. Would that look too weird with the different window heights?
0 Likes   March 25, 2013 at 4:04PM
Need help with curtain rod/curtains with grommets.
Redoing livingroom and purchased aqua colored curtains...
Need help with curtain placement
I am in process converting this bedroom into a nursery....
need help on decorative wooden effects for curtain rods
I want to use curtain rods and need to install something...
Need help with curtain rod issue
I have a sliding patio door that I want to cover with...
Living Room
Hi, Need a little spice for my living room. Want...
Cat friendly fabric?
I'm recovering a beautiful expensive chair because...
Bathroom
What SW color is similar to BM Bleeker Beige HC 80?...
Need help with this room
I am not sure what to do with this room that goes out...
Go to it, guys!
Wanting to change the flooring, paint, & update the...