Please comment on my floorplan for my family
hellooo
This is the floorplan for a family home (so far my wife, daughter and me with one more future child). It is located in Berlin Germany north of the Tegel airport, which is supposed to be closed when the new airport opens.
The big window is south side. please comment on any flaws in the plan. i am really new to this and any help would be very much appreciated :) sorry for my english.
Björn
I thought Berlin Tegel had already been closed! Lovely airport - art deco!!!! Schoen!
You have a lovely plan but it is hard to see much detail.

I love the space and the flow on the first floor. It looks very good. I hope you have nice views and I love the deck.

The second floor. I feel there is a wasted opportunity not to have the master bedroom closer to the bathroom. What is the room in-between? Is there any way to create a passage way from the bedroom to the bathroom from the master? Again there are different customs for building in different countries, so this may be the norm in Germany.
March 25, 2013 at 12:33pm   
OnePlan
Ich denke, das sieht nett aus. Ich würde wahrscheinlich alle Zimmer mit Bad, wenn ich könnte though.

or in English, I think this plan looks lovely. but I would change all the bedrooms to have ensuite if it is at all possible .
March 25, 2013 at 1:45pm   
Looks simple yet interesting with the angle.
March 25, 2013 at 1:49pm   
hellooo
The airport is big news in berlin right now since BER is not even close to be ready :) The view from first floor and is ok,if you like to see airplanes start and land ;) but hopefully will be someday. Thanks for your comments. The extra room on 2nd floor is supposed to be a walk in closet so a door is planed. forgot on the plan. A direct door to the bathroom could be nice, but we have to rearrange the bathroom then.
On 2nd floor we sacrificed the second bathroom (for the children )for more space. The architect wanted that in the first place.
thanks i love how fast it is to get unbiased opinions these days
Gute Nacht aus Berlin
March 25, 2013 at 2:03pm     
OnePlan
Gute Nacht aus England!
March 25, 2013 at 2:22pm   
Bonne nuit de la Suisse!
March 25, 2013 at 2:25pm   
Eagledzines
My only comment is, "What a gorgeous home!"
March 25, 2013 at 4:29pm   
OnePlan
Ich habe, wie ich würde die Zimmer, alle mit Bad nachgedacht ... Das sind meine Skizzen!

I have been thinking how to make all the bedrooms ensuite... These are my sketches !
March 25, 2013 at 11:34pm     
If this is an apartment block, plumbing may be pretty difficult to move around as it impacts on floors above and below. Here is another suggestion that might enable you to switch around the bath and toilet (you sacrifice the bidet and plumbing might still be a problem)
March 26, 2013 at 2:22am     
Marble Design
yes i agree with ASVinteriors
March 26, 2013 at 2:44am     
OnePlan
The 'bath with a view' is the only piece not near the original water points - could be a hot tub if normal plumbing not available here. But I didn't see any reference to this being only part of a larger building ie an apartment block ?!? But I note your concern - that's the trouble when you haven't been on site for a survey !
March 26, 2013 at 10:18am   
OnePlan - you caught me there. I was wrong to assume because it was in an urban area of Berlin that it would be an apartment. You may be absolutely right and it is a house. Agree about not being on site! (And I would LOVE to conduct one in Berlin!!!)
March 26, 2013 at 10:29am     
hellooo
Ok I dont know where to start. Ithink you all are absolutely amazing and I really like your Ideas. Absolutely. The idea with more bathrooms we are still considering. The childrooms are on the right, the master bedroom and big bath are on the left. (fortgot to mention before ;) The first suggestion from the architect was like the picture 1. But we thought bigger rooms are more important than a seperated bathroom for the kids. But now I think we will come back to this idea. The bath with a view is great but a little bit too exposed for me (airroom). Thanks oneplan for the little bathroom in the first floor. we made thisout of it see pic 2
Thank you too, asv for the main bathroom and the doors. I ll take it :))
thanks again from my wife too. I also added a pic of the third (half) floor and a plan with trees....
March 26, 2013 at 1:40pm     
OnePlan
Ich hoffe, Sie werden sehr glücklich in Ihrem neuen Zuhause! froh, in der Lage gewesen, um ein wenig zu inspirieren haben! viel Glück mit ihm alle!

I hope you will all be happy in your new home. I'm glad I was able to inspire you a little bit ! Good luck with it all !
March 26, 2013 at 2:01pm   
Hello Helloo
Glad you liked the plan. The thing to bear in mind, is that sooner or later your little kids will become big kids. a) they are likely to want their own rooms - so the plan you posted with two extra rooms as well as the master is a good one. However, as parents, you don't always want to get caught creeping around the hallways at night to go pee! If those criteria seem important to you, then it is worth thinking about it now.
All the very best for your build and please keep posting pictures as progress occurs.
PS I understand now this is a house and not an apartment correct?
Many thanks Antoinette
March 26, 2013 at 2:06pm     
hellooo
Hi yes its a house! And guess what? I received new cool stuff from the architect. I dont know what its called in englisch: Ansichten. Please comment If you like!
March 28, 2013 at 12:53pm     
OnePlan
"Elevations" es sieht wirklich inspiriert! Lieben, dass Sie Bäume ringsum zu! Sie können nicht schlagen ein Stück Natur!
Es ist so aufregend ein neues Haus! Vielen Dank für den Austausch mit uns über Houzz!

'Elevations' it's an inspired house. Love the trees all around. You can't beat a bit of nature! So exciting building a new home, thank you for sharing it with us on Houzz!
March 28, 2013 at 1:31pm   
hellooo
Just because you were so kind to help me. This is how its going to look, in etwa ;)
July 24, 2013 at 11:27am     
hellooo
and some more
July 24, 2013 at 11:29am     
OnePlan
Hi ! Wow!!!! Am so pleased for you !!! Looks fabulous !!!! Thank you for updating !!!!
July 24, 2013 at 11:57am     
DCLOSTBOY Report to Classy Bedroom Thread! .....please :)
Here is my lovely bedroom (can we sense the sarcasm?)....
If this was your house what would you do the exterior
Any suggestions on how to get a little curb appeal
Please help me with my dining room
Hello, I don't want to have a combined dining and living,...
Resilient Buildings for Global Warming
Are you planning a new building or renovation that...
Tile size for large shower
We've chosen a wood tile for our master bathroom remodel....