Kitchen Remodeling Help!
asmaa_baker
I am moving into this apartment in Africa the kitchen needs complete remodeling I don't want to put too much money into it
It has two doors one that opens towards a sunroom and one that opens towards a hall keep in mind that there is a door between the sunroom and the hall a window that opens towards the inside of the house ( useless in my opinion) i need a refrigerator a stove with an oven and a microwave and a small table if possible any ideas
This a 12x12 kitchen
Cabinets are concrete I don't know whether to get rid of them or just add wood doors and add wood cabinets on top walls
Please Help!
I appreciate you are in Africa and building standards are somewhat different.

First of all, it needs a good disinfection and clean. My initial thought is tear down and start again - it is a pretty badly beaten up room!
I will leave it to expert builders to give you a diagnosis on the concrete (whether to keep or discard) but the cabinets are useless and need to be re-done. You may have to install all new cupboards and counter. What facilities do you have near you? Do you have a homeware store (like an IKEA) or is everything built by carpenters? This will help us to help you.
1 Like   March 26, 2013 at 2:28AM
I have to agree with ASV, the only thing I would keep is the wall tile, and that's iffy. You seem to have a L shaped kitchen, search Houzz photos using L shaped kitchen as your search term, you'll no doubt find something you like. [houzz=
]
0 Likes   March 26, 2013 at 3:41AM
carolins
Okay, so we're all agreed... the cabinets have to go and the counter top is everything but hygienic.
If you like the look, a cheap and certainly unique solution could be to just source different cabinets from your local stores, markets, etc. and assemble a new kitchen from that.

2 Likes   March 26, 2013 at 3:49AM
soberg
To be frugal, I would consider facing and topping the counter with a laminate, glued and/or screwed down. Thus you will have a clean, solid work surface. Remove and store cabinet doors, clean thoroughly inside cabinets, and then run up some little curtains to cover the storage. Or use open baskets on shelves.
2 Likes   March 26, 2013 at 4:07AM
A Crew of Two
Build or purchase an open type cabinet. Doors are expensive. Fill the open areas with some baskets with lids. A concrete counter top. They can even incorporate a sink. Clean, new and not expensive. Kitchen Ventana Lidded Basket Small
2 Likes   March 26, 2013 at 5:00AM
Good idea Kelly - definitely less expensive.
1 Like   March 26, 2013 at 5:28AM
asmaa_baker
Thanks for the advice you have been very helpful. I will let you know what happened
2 Likes   March 27, 2013 at 11:13AM
OnePlan
there's a company called 'African supplies Ltd' that I did some designing for a while back - they bring in cabinets from UK to Africa . My email details are on my profile if you want send me a mail - I can mail you back their contact details !
1 Like   March 27, 2013 at 1:21PM
Need help with kitchen remodel and attaching great room remodel
northwest rustic riverside cabin/house: now full time...
karenkrei
Kitchen remodel -- Need help updating small dark kitchen
Need help updating small U-shaped kitchen. We're willing...
feth2013
1918 farmhouse kitchen remodel-can't decide on kitchen sink- help!
sorry I tried to attach pictures but it is not working...
jbfancyface
Help!!! We're remodeling and need help with living room/kitchen
We're on a budget :( Everything cost more than we planned...
carol063
Help!!!! Need help choosing countertop for my kitchen remodel
I have currently ordered cabinets for our kitchen....
coco100
Need help choosing a paint colour for our main floor.
We would like to paint our kitchen, living room and...
sunlyte27
rredpenn
Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!
I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two...
zazfuzzroc
Need help with kitchen layout
We're in the process of designing a new kitchen. Can't...
cchicken