Need advice on metal roof color
adams4fsu
We have a lake house in Florida and want to replace the current brown shingle roof with a metal roof. The siding is dark red (which we like) and want color options for the roof. We're thinking about dark green or brown. The little bit of trim on the house is brown as well as the gutters. What do you think of green?
Cusano Construction Company Inc.
Personally I would suggest a simple Ribbed Mill Finish panel. Darker colors will fade over time in this Florida Sun no matter what they tell you and tend to look dirty after the birds start visiting. Mill Finish will also give you endless color options over the years for the house. (Mill Finish Looks like Raw Aluminum)
March 26, 2013 at 3:48am     
soberg
For Florida, I strongly recommend you prioritize comfort and sustainability, and select a "cool roof", i.e. one with a solar reflective index (SRI) of 0.30 or greater. This will save you money on AC (when and if you run it) and keep you much cooler when you don't. Cool metal roofs come in many great colors, e.g. Copper Brown from http://www.berridge.com/berridge_cool_roof_colors.htm
March 26, 2013 at 3:55am   
DIAspoton
i'd do some chg for energy efficiency. for appearance, a simple light gray or raw aluminum look as cusano suggested. the house seems quite dark for florida.a light roof will look better and be neutral if you choose to paintt the siding in the future.
planting thick drifts of low maintenance native grasses would work wonders towards curb appeal.
March 26, 2013 at 4:15am     
Isn't Florida well known for its tin roofing? Have you considered that as an option? I seem to remember those were the traditional types of roofing and there was a reason (reflected sunlight ??- but I can't imagine how tin doesn't get hot?) -
March 26, 2013 at 4:47am   
Need advice....metal roof to siding color
New construction on Water - does a midnight blue metal...
Need color advice on metal roof front door shutters
I'm considering a standing seam metal roof on the lower...
Funky metallic wallpaper (mistake?)-Needs color advice!
We put this funky metallic wallpaper up thinking it...
Need help with gutter color and metal porch roof color
I'm trying to decide on what color to use on gutters...
Need Help with exterior paint color, gray metal roof
Not sure how to handle this- I just bought new home...
Desperately needing a focal point
The furniture that I thought I'd lost a shot at reappeared...
Roof material for roof on coast KZN
What is the best kind of roof to have on the coast,...
Reaching top shelves in kitchen! Any ideas?
We are moving into a house where the ceiling in the...
Need help with this guest room
This room is very small. I had the head board made...
Need Help for Living Room
Hi, We are just looking to entirely redesign our new...