single or double sink vanity in kids bathroom????
wendywolfe3
I have a fabulous guy to build the vanity, so he will do whatever i want.
CAN'T DECIDE!!! I have girl/boy twins and they will be sharing this bathroom. So my gut says, 2 sinks. I have 52 inches to use for vanity.
54 inches at most, if i bring it all the way to side of toilet. HELP 1 or 2 ??
0825sam
I am dying to put something like this in my kids bathroom - I have seen them in vanities

March 26, 2013 at 5:37AM   
wendywolfe3
interesting...i could build that into the vanity! They would have their own toothbrushing space etc. and there would still be ample counter space and not look so squished like a barely fit 2 sinks in the space! Thanks.
....and cool & different
March 26, 2013 at 5:45AM     
I saw this the other day and thought it was gorgeous.
Now to serious business: If your son and daughter are co-exist happily then at least two faucets and one sink will work (but I would go wider); if they are somewhat fractious: two sinks. (You're the mother, and your gut instinct is probably right!) - I think you are well within standards for a double vanity (but I am in Europe and 48" would work for two boxes).
March 26, 2013 at 5:46AM   
Sharon
If your twins are going to be sharing this space for a while, I say go for two sinks.
March 26, 2013 at 5:47AM   
apple_pie_order
Two sinks, absolutely. Drawers for each kid. Consider one mirrored medicine cabinet per kid. Electrical outlets on each side of the sinks- eventually, there will be hairdryers, curling irons and Waterpiks to add to the nightlight.
March 26, 2013 at 6:10AM   
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
I disagree! I think it's way too tight to have two sinks in this space. You won't have any counter space left either. How many minutes a day are the kids actually using the sink? For all the time they need it, I think they could share the space. I have three daughters who always shared one bathroom with one sink. They were always in the room by themselves one after the other. Two sinks would have been a waste of space. In the end it depends on what you prefer and what will work for your family. Why not tape it out with painter's tape on your dining table and better see how much space it will take up? It's better than visualizing with a drawing and measurements.
March 26, 2013 at 6:27AM   
Duncan's Creative Kitchens
It sounds pretty tight. A 52" vanity will leave very little counter space if you opt for 2 sinks. If you figure about 19" per sink, then counter on the left, center, and right, that leaves about 4 1/2" of counter per section. Here's a quick mock-up.

And how old are the twins? Younger kids won't mind sharing the space simultaneously. But if you plan on occupying this home while they're teenagers, I would imagine one will be locking the other out and demanding single occupancy. Once their bodies start changing, they don't want siblings of the opposite sex joining them in the bathroom.
March 26, 2013 at 6:36AM     
There are sink units that are smaller and would work leaving enough space for toothbrushes etc...
March 26, 2013 at 7:45AM   
Need opinions... single or double sink in kids' bathroom?
Hello all! We have a whole house remodel (sloooowly)...
Houzzers with kids: double sink or single sink with long counter?
We are planning a remodel of our hallway bathroom....
Is this a double-sink vanity or just a single sink at the end?
my bathroom is very similar to this layout-long and...
double sink vanity or single with more counter space
We are trying to decide whether to have two sinks,...
How to arrange my new living room
We just bought home. However this is the living room...
Every house deserves a name
Does your house have one? Would you like it to? Please...
How to get the look I want for my living room/kitchen
Hello! I am looking for some help with my living...
Need Advice on House Paint for Bunglow
Hi Everyone, I'm back. You gave me great advice last...
Used Viking range
Has anyone ever bought a used Viking? Someone is selling...