Help with my Master!
dolphinbaby
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance for reading and trying to help =)

My *new* husband and I have been living here for a year now but since we have our first baby on the way (yay), I figured it's time to finally finish my space or I'll never do it!

All I have is a dresser I really love and I think I put it in the only place where it fits. Originally I wanted it for the wall to the left of the bed (looking at it from the entrance) but it was too close to my bed.

Right now, my biggest problem is jewelry storage! I have an idea of putting a large floor mirror jewelry armoire (like the Horchow Glam) on the wall to the left of the dresser (so it isn't facing the bed.. bad feng shui, so I've been told) or creating a jewelry storage space on that same wall with a jewelry armoire and a nicely sized mirror jewelry armoire on the wall.

My other concern is a sitting area. Since I will need one (with the munchkin on the way) I don't know how to incorporate one.

I'd like help developing a beautiful and functional space.

One last question: Should the bed me centered with the wall (ignoring the window) so that it's centered with the fan? hmm confusing

I'm so excited to be writing my first post and I am extremely excited to be sharing my master bedroom transformation with all of you!!

thanks for reading =)
orangecamera
Do you have a 2nd bedroom for the baby, or will you need to fit a crib into this room? Is there a closet, and if so where is it?
    Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 9:07AM
dolphinbaby
I have a baby room! I'll prob work on that next ;)
    Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 9:08AM
dolphinbaby
Closet is in the hallway between the bedroom and the bathroom, in my bad drawing, the arrow is actually pointing to the hallway to the bathroom. There is a walk-in closet on one said and a regular closet on the other. thank you!!
    Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 9:09AM
orangecamera
Will the dresser fit under the window and still give room to access the bed?
    Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 9:11AM
orangecamera
I'm just trying to get a real feel for the room and furniture before making suggestions
    Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 9:12AM
dolphinbaby
it will not. The wall is actually realy long and i wanted the dresser to fit between the 2 windows along this wall but it's just too close to the bed. not working
    Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 9:13AM
kgrad
Great space! Love the crown molding. How about putting the dresser under the window furthest from the bed and then you can use the nook space for a chair/sitting space. Possibly use the wall between the door and the bathroom door for your jewelry storage. A mirrored wall unit would reflect some of the light...but your bedroom seems to get plenty of light so that may not be needed. There are great wall units that have jewelry organization inside and allow for pictures on the outside. Create a display of them. I for one do not like 'people' in my bedroom so I would fill the picture spaces with post cards or other artsy prints.
    Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 9:22AM
dolphinbaby
thank you!! here are some more pics to help. I am so excited I'm getting so many responses =)

But the dresser won't fit under the window. It will block part of the window. Is that okay?
    Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 9:26AM
orangecamera
Somehow I missed the fact that there are 2 windows on that wall. Try what kgradovan suggested, and put the dresser under the window in the alcove. It's hard to tell from the pictures now how much of the window will be covered. Try moving your bed a little bit closer to the bathroom hallway, maybe 6" or so. After that, post a few more pictures so we can see how it looks.

If there's room in the nursery for a sitting area, you may not need one in the master bedroom.
    Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 9:36AM
kgrad
Also, the dresser looks like it may fit on the wall opposite the window in the nook area??? I'm sure you've tried that so it probably doesn't. With the right window coverings, I think putting the dresser under the window could work.
    Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 9:44AM
dolphinbaby
Any ideas for the space between the 2 windows on the longest wall? Would a love seat look weird?
    Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 9:50AM
misslf
hey there dolphinbaby. i would put the mirror on the right wall between the entry and the closet facing your windows. it looks like it will fit. plus having a long mirror near your closet is always a plus.
Then i would leave the dresser in that same area but place it against the wall facing the windows and maybe get a miror above it as well to reflect more llighting coming into the room. as for a seating area it looks like you have plenty of space between the 2 windows facing your closet.
and the bed positioning seems right from the photos.

good luck
    Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 7:34PM
orangecamera
If the dresser is too big for the area between the windows, a love seat will never fit.
1 Like    Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 7:42PM
kathleen MK
I'd put the bed between the windows and the dresser could stay where it is ( with a changing pad on top) or on the other wall. For the first few weeks a bassinet in your room will make night time feedings easier. (A few yards of tulle net and a hook make a cute canopy for these.)The alcove would be cozy with a rocker and footstool. I found an bed backrest pillow with those arm rest was even more comfortable for late night feedings.
Not sure where to get them but i have seen dressers that have smaller mirrors hinged to the sides so their backs held hooks for jewelry.You could have that and a jewelry armoire on the side near the closet and use the alcove for a bassinet and rocker. Later it can become mom's reading nook with a lamp and table.
    Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 8:21PM
orangecamera
The type of pillow kathleen MK is talking about is called (get this!) a "husband pillow". (That will help you find them online).
    Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 8:23PM
misslf
The seating area does not need to be a love seat bit can be a modern rocking chair with a ottoman or a lazy boy style rocking chair. Very practical with new baby.
    Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 8:24PM
Designer's Choice Interiors
Dimensions could be off, but this could work well for you. Bed looks to only work where it is, for sure. Hope this helps!
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 10:29PM
Designer's Choice Interiors
Two square pieces of art stacked (one on top of the other) would look great on the wall between the windows, above a demilune console. The rounded ends of the console, open the path to the left side of the bed and still gives the width needed between windows. Panels on either side of the windows will also close the space on that wall. Try not to match the console piece to your existing furniture. A painted piece in an accent color (red, turquoise, metallic) could be great!
    Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 10:35PM
Designer's Choice Interiors
Also, if you like the idea of storage ottomans at the end of the bed, be sure to contrast the color against the footboard. Best wishes on your baby!
    Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 10:38PM
Designer's Choice Interiors
Storage ottoman idea - love these and have used many times. Neutral fabric (100% polyester) in cream, gray or oatmeal color with contrast welt (different color piping and button) in charcoal, chocolate or black, would give them durability plus longevity and they would work with almost any bedding or design scheme. Color would be great, too. Just not as flexible and color can always be added with wall color, accessories and accent pillows. Manufacturer: Fairfield Chair
    Bookmark   March 28, 2013 at 5:22AM
Designer's Choice Interiors
Here's the photo
    Bookmark   March 28, 2013 at 5:26AM
I need help with my master bedroom please!
I just bought this white comforter set which I love....
sandykirby
NEED HELP FOR MY MASTER BEDROOM
I have a cut in on the wall opposite my bed. what do...
13430s
need help on my master bathroom
I picked out the stone and tile for my master bathroom....
tonilake
Need help for my master bath/master bedroom
bathroom is white subay tile with a "carrara marle...
erica09
I need help with my master bedroom.
I just purchased this rug and now I need bedding, window...
cwilliams1008
new living room
we'll be moving into a new house soon, and i want to...
bpchase53
Creative search in progress
Here’s another project we began working on recently....
Vanguard development LA
Need help with tile question
Our designer wants to use a 45 degree grout application...
janny3
Do these pillows match??
Help! I'm not good with matching. Do these yellow pillows...
schillinger
Are Baker's racks outdated?
Need advice, are Baker's racks out-dated? I just put...
Karen Schulte Schnieders