Need help for my living room!!
4carolina
HELP!!!!!! I do not know how to make the fireplace work in my living room.What can I do to make it look less cabin-ish? I would like to re-decorate the entire room. Maybe do bookshelves on either side of the fp? I live in the south and like more of a southern traditional look.
The Visual Merchandising Group
Hello libertysc! First let me say I absolutely LOVE your fireplace!!! I would definitely add tall bookcases with molding at the top on both sides. Maybe ever librarian ladders to give it a more authentic feel. Next, I would add a more substantial mantle in white. This will give it that "southern" charm and look very traditional. I think the furniture is good, just some minor changes and then addition of some accessories.
2 Likes   March 26, 2013 at 1:55PM
Jayme H.
It looks like u already have white trim in the home..the pic from The Visual Merchandising Group showed how to incorporate white wood and really brighten up the stone...Something like that example would be great for your space!
1 Like   March 26, 2013 at 2:19PM
Manon Floreat
Oh, yes I agree with both of you that built-ins on either side of the fireplace is exactly the thing for this room.

I might also suggest some window treatments in keeping with your traditionally styled space:

1 Like   March 26, 2013 at 2:23PM
affordable solution
I think adding some stainless steel panels to add a bit of accent and contrast can will pull away from the cabin vibe. It can help break up the space a bit more to give it a more visual interest. We do custom made room accessories like bookshelves, desks, cabinets..feel free to drop by our page for some inspiration and ideas. :)
0 Likes   March 26, 2013 at 3:38PM
Color dilemma
Any advice as to what color to paint dated end tables...
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
shower curtains ceiling to floor?
when and why did we go to shower curtains from ceiling...
My master bathroom Before and after Done by me, comments????
This is my third bathroom I just completed @ Home....