Okay so the 50 shades dilemma is over, color is on the wall!
aly25son
I'm afraid it's a tad too light but wouldn't dare tell the hubby after all the time and money I spent finding the perfect one lol. The previous color was a very light grayish green and I just know he's gonna say it looks exactly the same lol. On the plus side, it's a very calming, subtle shade of gray..for those looking for a light gray with no undertones then stonington gray is for you..let me know what u think..if u can even make out the color with the sun shining in lol...and would love window treatment recommendations PLEASE! thanks for all ur time and patience;))))
aly25son
Better pic of window wall
0 Likes   March 26, 2013 at 12:18PM
Due to the cranks on the side windows, I'd do a fabric or woven roman blind with stationary panels floor to ceiling at each site of the entire trio. Paint looks great!
0 Likes   March 26, 2013 at 12:20PM
aly25son
We are trying to get new locks so they don't jut out...do u have any pic of what u mean? Sorry I'm not very decorating savvy;) (as u can tell if u c my past posts lol)
0 Likes   March 26, 2013 at 12:27PM
Carole Westgaard
I'm with decoenthusiaste - you have a very sophisticated and classic color scheme going - white paint, black furntiure, and the grey is beautiful. I'd do blinds. Romans are great. Maybe with a black grosgrain ribbon trim on the edges? You have so many possibilities with Romans.
1 Like   March 26, 2013 at 12:28PM
aly25son
Furniture is dark brown..was thnkg roman blinds but afraid will wind up w like white boring roman..anyone have images for me to get better idea? Thx!!!!
0 Likes   March 26, 2013 at 12:48PM
baggie2
Aly,

We have casement windows in our house and wanted some all-day privacy, but not total seclusion. Because we have dogs that like to look out the windows, I wanted something practical. We had sheers gathered top and bottom on tension rods on each window and have Roman shades to close at night. We can easily wash the sheers, but I really do not like the Roman shades. The look lovely when raised to any level, but are truly ugly when they are down. Ours match the wallpaper, but still just look like a flat piece of cloth. I am so disappointed and the fabric has been discontinued or I would have draperies made. Maybe the textured (wood look) Roman shades look better. Good luck. Tough decisions.
0 Likes   March 26, 2013 at 5:27PM
aly25son
Very interesting! Can u post a pic? I see what u r saying about roman, hadn't thought of that..great point!
0 Likes   March 26, 2013 at 5:47PM
aly25son
Here is a pic w the two windows shown and prob better idea of color without the sunlight..help lol!
0 Likes   March 26, 2013 at 6:19PM
baggie2
Aly, here are pictures of the two windows. I didn't open the one on the larger window. Also forgot to mention with my fabric shades that they need to be straightened each time we open them. Big ugh! Dudley agreed to pose on his sofa. : )
1 Like   March 26, 2013 at 6:28PM
That is a relaxed roman, rather than a classic roman shade.
A classic roman is simple when open but stacks up nicely on top - usually you would have three - one for each windows. They are simple when open which is why they are often combined with panels. Look at the smith and noble catalog for good combinations. use a great print at the larger scale appropriate to panels, and use this opportunity to add color and pattern. Perfect wall color - looks amazing with your wood furniture - bravo! What colors are you leaning towards for accents?
0 Likes   March 26, 2013 at 6:59PM
aly25son
Good question, I'm just realizing That I don't have any accents! My comforter is below in pic..I'd thik some sort of light green would b nice and safe? What do u guys think..I've also attached my carpet..
0 Likes   March 26, 2013 at 7:55PM
I don't see green and not sure you want to be safe here. take one of your pillowcases and one of your wall paint cards to an upholstery fabric store and see what you LOVE that could upholster a chair (print) and what you LOVE that goes with that that could be drapery (print) and what you LOVE that could add to the bedding - pillows, etc. Find 4 -5 fabrics that work with what you already have. Ignore your neutral carpet.
1 Like   March 26, 2013 at 8:56PM
Look at calicocorners.com or beautifulfabrics.com
1 Like   March 26, 2013 at 8:57PM
Bonnie
I saw your post on 50 shades of grey etc... but there were so many responses I didn't go into your dilemma. I am wondering though.... did anyone tell you that sampling paint on the wall is the wrong way to do it? For future reference always sample paint on a large 24x36" foam board (you can buy at office supply store). Paint entire board one color to be sampled. For every color to be sampled, paint a separate board. You can not evaluate a thin strip of color side by side with many other colors. For one thing, having a row of samples like that will influence how each color appears. On its own...the color will be different. Another advantage of using sample boards is that you can move them around the room and look at them in different light and against different pieces of furniture plus the obvious that a much bigger sample will get you closer to the actual impact in the room. Hope everything works out for you! If the paint came out lighter than you hoped you may be able to ramp up the impact with accessories in a darker shade of grey.
4 Likes   March 26, 2013 at 9:29PM
Bonnie
Your furniture is beautiful! The room is going to look great!
0 Likes   March 26, 2013 at 9:38PM
Helga Simmons Interior Design LLC
I would do natural grass roman shades - not too rough, but a finer weave. They filter the light. The top of the line are Conrad Shades, but many companies make cheaper knock-offs. - And then I would put some silky, taffeta-like (comes in 100% polyester) very light weight draperies from floor to ceiling, slightly sitting on the floor. I would put those to the left and right of the window, not covering it during the day. At night, for complete privacy, you can close them.
1 Like   March 26, 2013 at 9:43PM
Helga Simmons Interior Design LLC
PS. No swag, nothing across the top. Use a slender brushed nickel rod. You don't want any frills in there.
0 Likes   March 26, 2013 at 9:45PM
aly25son
Helga thanks, do u have any pics to show me? I don't know what those blinds look like..thx!
0 Likes   March 27, 2013 at 3:31AM
Helga Simmons Interior Design LLC
aly25son, please go to conradimports.com, you will see the whole line.
1 Like   March 27, 2013 at 9:37AM
flwrhead
That's so funny, Stonington Gray is what I'm painting my entry and hallways! I've followed your 50 shades dilemma and am glad you found a color you like!
1 Like   March 27, 2013 at 9:41AM
aly25son
What about this art work? I know I'm super matchy but ?!?! http://m.gilt.com/mobile/sale/home/bluepurple/product/1006174084
0 Likes   March 27, 2013 at 11:58AM
aly25son
Or this? If its even showing up...http://m.gilt.com/mobile/sale/home/bluepurple/product/1005025975
0 Likes   March 27, 2013 at 12:01PM
HELP! 50 shades of gray paint dilemma!
We are refinishing our basement family room. I used...
mick50
Kitchen Backsplash...okay to install over textured wall?
We have the "knock down" textured walls with semigloss...
curious1234
50 shades of grey....need stain color advice
My home has just been power washed back to its original...
ckcampo
Bought over 50 samples need help with Paint color!!!
Hello I need help selecting paint color and tile for...
sugar61
Omg I just bought a couch and I want to return it but can't. Help me m
Room is across from kitchen at the entrance of the...
minnows
Should we remove the stone?
We are remodeling our rental property and not sure...
ouraustinhome
Looking for these couches
Looking for these couches reasonably priced. Saw last...
jill4feet
Kitchen cabinet paint finish?
My painter is doing semi gloss paint for white cabinets....
klekas65
spencerbetz