Any ideas
renoman10
Hi all I just bought my first house it has a gas fireplace with I like its nice in the winter it has like a brown tile on the bottom and going up the sides you can see in the picture I was looking to do something with it a thin granite mantle like 1" thick that would fit on the shelf with some molding that is below that and maybe a huge mirror above that or paint it a darker color just looking to change it anyone with any ideas
Thank you for your help David
tegroves
Modernize. Drywall the open space then add a fabulous large tile.....re do the fireplace glass. Viola.
March 26, 2013 at 5:35PM   
Shan A
It would be nice if you could move the TV over the fireplace. This way, your window doesn't get blocked by your TV and it has better symmetry. Since you currently have a bit of an opening over the fireplace you could run a conduit behind the TV down the wall to hide the cords. Drywall in front of the open space and new conduit and then run the same material floor to ceiling. Here is a visual example

March 26, 2013 at 5:44PM   
JWinteriors
You could add a front to your fireplace to give added dimension. Definitely paint the inside wall (not the returns) to again, add depth. Hang 2 pictures, one on top of the other; a large mirror; large wrapped canvas, etc.. Add accessories on mantel.
March 26, 2013 at 6:08PM     
Curb appeal?
New house! There seems to be something missing from...
Simple improvements for our kitchen?
Wondering about ideas for simple improvements for our...
Need help for my showerhead!!....
need a wall mount showerhead.....want to feel head...
Update a family room
I want to modernize my family room and take it out...
Need help with granite/quartz colors
Appreciate all the previous help, so thanks for that....