Master bath - take out bathtub and install a larger shower?
kellystrauss
My shower is as small as a motorhome shower. I have bathtubs in two other bathrooms...although, they are not as large as the master bath tub. Would it be ok, for future resale purposes, to take the tub out and install a large shower?
Norm Walters Construction Inc.
The latest poll on here says yes, take it out, build a luxury shower. Body sprays, handheld shower, rainshower head, etc
March 26, 2013 at 9:05PM   
Ed
Kelly, you can look at the poll result that Norm mentioned, or you can run your own poll, or, you can also call up different realtors in your area and ask them -- how often do people really use a bath versus just a shower, and how often does that make or break a home sale ? :) Good luck! Please post photos of your progress.
March 26, 2013 at 11:11PM   
ReMax - Lisa
I'm a realtor and get asked this question all the time. If you have another tub on the same level, go for it, if it's what you want, which it sounds like you do. Renos like that should be for your comfort not the next owner, as long as you will be there for a few years. While you are at it, go for the heated floors too if you are redoing tiles and live in a cooler climate. It's a small investment with a Wow fact that you won't ever take for granted. Awesome for resale too!
March 27, 2013 at 12:44AM   
Stamps Design Services
You will probably narrow your buyers market, either way you go; so do what will suit you.
March 27, 2013 at 12:57AM   
Blueprint update
I'm thinking if replacing the utility sink for a spot...
DESIGN DILEMMA: Filling Cracks in your bathroom? DIY!!
Are you having issues with cracks in your tub, shower...
Accent wall and decorations
Hi everyone. .I already painted and bought furniture...
Exterior paint colors? Remove or paint brick?
We will be selling soon and want to paint our house...
Maximising fire pit design
We are currently renovating our home as well landscaping....