Paint color for kitchen with espresso cabinets, neutral granite, lite tile floors?
ejwilcox
No kitchen windows, have blues/greens/neutrals in adjoining rooms. Should I leave it beige?
Susan Kuhn_Robinson
If you stay with the lighter beige color, I would reface the cabinets with a lighter wood. Put little splashes of color here and there in your accessories.
March 27, 2013 at 8:46am   
Annette Barker
something bright...orange?
March 27, 2013 at 8:47am     
Rockin' Fine Finish
I would go with a grey or blue wythe blue from benjamin moore or half moon crest
March 27, 2013 at 8:48am     
Riddle Construction and Design
Personally I like an apple green color to get the cabinets to pop.
March 27, 2013 at 8:50am     
Ellen Leigh Interiors
A deeper beige, pulled from the granite color, and a blue shade on the ceiling rather than the white would look awesome with the dark cabinets.
March 27, 2013 at 8:50am     
sulley01
I think it would look better painted a soft white to brighten it up. If you're not a white wall person, a soft pale icy blue would be gorgeous as well. Both of these colors would be a lovely contrast to the dark wood cabinets.
March 27, 2013 at 8:50am     
chloe761
I agree with Ellen, a deeper tone of beige would be really nice, tie everything together, and make your backsplash pop more than it does now as it is too close to the wall colour currently.
March 27, 2013 at 8:53am   
dacolling
You can't go wrong with anything Candace Olson suggests:
March 27, 2013 at 8:53am     
Kyla Wootton
I love green. It is fresh and happy. I would pick something a shade darker than the rest of your house for one of the walls. There are a lot of neutral surfaces in your kitchen. It can take a strong color. How much color do you like? I would get rid of all the beige. Its seems like a small space so I would use some blue along with the green. Paint is cheap. If you don't like it try again.
March 27, 2013 at 9:00am     
trendesdesign
I believe color is personal it is one of the elements that make your house your home. As a designer you can guide your client to choose the right tone of color. Forcing a color choice is not always the best idea.
March 27, 2013 at 9:01am   
Anne Miesbauer Bradley
i would go with pale green or blue...needs a little cheery color
March 27, 2013 at 9:01am   
Street
Check out Kilim Beige from Sherman Williams. I would say it's a true Beige.
March 27, 2013 at 9:05am   
Marie Slack-Tello
First of all, LOVE the cabinets! Gorgeous, exactly the color I want for my next home. I would paint a shade of green and I would gather some samples and test them in the space before deciding.
March 27, 2013 at 9:15am   
Marie Slack-Tello
Oh. please paint the white door too!
March 27, 2013 at 9:15am     
Sally Sayler
something on the green side to go with the cushions of the chairs
March 27, 2013 at 9:21am     
Dixie Henrie
Add colorful accents on the counter tops and above the cabinets, then choose one of those colors for a paint accent, perhaps on the painted area under the bar. Mainly I think you're lacking accents and art.
March 27, 2013 at 9:23am   
gfujitani
Might not need paint. Just match the door and dining chairs' color with the cabinets, and replace the hanging lamps with something in brown or stainless. Or maybe hoop lamps in red, yellow or orange - warm colors - or even the green and blue everyone else mentions.

My idea is twofold: First, match and coordinate the wood colors; and second, bridge the high contrast espresso and beige with medium-tone colors to soften and liven the room's feel.
March 27, 2013 at 9:23am   
Lena C
It depends on your personal style and how you envision yourself using the space. This space looks neutral, so you could go in several directions.

One potential option is a modern "southwestern" look, which is naturally cozy; something you already get from not having windows. You have beautiful ebony cabinets, multicolored granite, and tile backsplash & floor as foundation. A "Tuscan red", for example (with or without texture), could be painted on one or more walls to bring out the warmth of these features, while also tying in your dining room through the tone of the furniture.

You could achieve a similar effect by leaving the wall color alone, and simply swapping out the pendants with brightly colored red glass or turquoise enamel, and placing a few pieces of warm/bold art (like copper wall sculpture, ironwork, or artisan pottery) above the cabinets/doorway. Doing unusual things like mixing metals and adding texture can give a neutral space interest and personality.
March 27, 2013 at 9:26am     
SPACIALISTS
Hi ejwilcox,
Here are a few color suggestions for your kitchen. Hope they help park ideas. Good Luck!
March 27, 2013 at 9:26am     
smugsy1122
I have the exact same shade of cabinets. It looks like you have a lot of natural light, so going a little darker wouldn't be bad. In all honesty, I like it just as it is with pops of colors via accents. For my own kitchen, I went with Sherwin Williams Perfect Greige. It dances between a purple and gray, and changes in all lights.
March 27, 2013 at 9:32am   
Eldonna Ruddock
I think I'd go with a sagey green
March 27, 2013 at 9:34am     
mom2lala
Paint the pantry door/trim and the Island base a rustic red or teal and leave everything else how it is. Accessorize with teal or red throughout the space to tie it together. I want to know what app "specialists" used to modify wall color! I hate all 4 of those shades but I would love to try it myself lol
March 27, 2013 at 9:42am   
Elizabeth DesMarais
I love the sage green if you go conservative or for more fun, I would go with an apple green!
March 27, 2013 at 9:46am     
patriciarhall
painting the island the prominent green or blue that you have in adjoining spaces will work well, then accessorise with cushions and a couple of display dishes (fruit bowl). Think pattern on your cushions. Do you have a rug under the dining table that is in the foreground?
March 27, 2013 at 9:47am     
amiee68
I love your cabinets and the granite, I would go with something that would tie the entire home together, you stated that you had blue, greens & natural colors. You could paint your walls if you don't like the beige and then change out the light fixture shades to incorporate another color. Then accessorize the decor to add your personality to your space.
March 27, 2013 at 9:51am   
kfhorne
Check out Urban Nature by BM. It's a neutral mid tone green that looks beautiful with wood tones.
March 27, 2013 at 9:53am   
Kim Hynes
I think a sage green would be nice... but that't the colour of my kitchen, so I am bias..lol
March 27, 2013 at 9:53am   
kitchenmissus
Paint the microwave/cabinet wall acid green and leave the rest beige. White doors and trim.
March 27, 2013 at 10:06am   
ejwilcox
This is the breakfast area next to it.
March 27, 2013 at 10:38am   
Susan Merry
I'm always partial to a light sunny yellow.
March 27, 2013 at 10:58am   
doctornancy
A warm gray would be stunning.
March 27, 2013 at 11:13am     
elenio58
Imagine what color you would like to greet you when you shuffle in each morning to make a cup of coffee? Yellow or bright green would say "Goodmorning!!!!" while soft orange or beige would whisper "good morning". What do you need?
March 27, 2013 at 11:20am     
elenio58
and whether you choose yellow, green, orange or beige, do add splashes of red!
March 27, 2013 at 12:08pm     
Jon Carreon
I would paint the walls a medium grey and the Island perhaps bright leaf green or red orange.lll
March 27, 2013 at 12:24pm   
Cindy Johnson
I would like to be greeted with a soft butter yellow and accent with bold hits of orange and red.
March 27, 2013 at 12:29pm     
one1crone
I'd wallpaper the room --- somthing quirky -- light background with colorful pen and ink type sketches of pigs and birds. Then I'd change the seats on the chairs/stools to a bright striped fabric. Add punches of color in accessories. If you dare -- take off a few cupboard doors and have open shelving with colorful dishes and glassware sparkle up the space. Do something crazy with that door -- paint it one of the colors from the striped fabric -- or copy the stripe on the door. The space needs personality. I'd also put smoked glass mirror tiles or stainless steel (to match the appliances) on the island -- just the side facing the table and chairs. It would reflect light and make the space seem larger.
March 27, 2013 at 12:52pm   
Sandra Studley_DAcci_Cardoza
I would paint that back wall (on which the microwave oven/range/cabinets are) a darker color and leave the other walls that lighter cream color. It will make your kitchen appear deeper. I've done the opposite in my kitchen, as my dining area walls are a deep brick red.
March 27, 2013 at 12:53pm     
rusticgirlkc
"Shaker Beige" HC-45. from Benjamin Moore is a deeper, rich beige & would certainly pull out the some of the colors in your backsplash & cabinets. We have it in our kitchen & we love it!
March 27, 2013 at 1:15pm     
Kathy Schierholzer Walls Mogen
I was thinking a very pale yellow also or what they have, the light beige will set off the color of their cabinets. I have seen some beautiful stencils available. Color could be added up near the ceiling or on the island with some tasteful stenciling (orange, red, green) or even the right touch of wallpaper on these areas. This would be an easy solution.
March 27, 2013 at 1:38pm   
Kathy Schierholzer Walls Mogen
What program are some of you using to "paint" the walls, add rugs, change cabinet color, etc to the photo? This would be a tremendous help if it is not prohibitively expensive. Thanks for any feedback!
March 27, 2013 at 1:40pm   
brody1313
I would do a gray or a robins egg blue such as BM HCpalladian blue...good luck
March 27, 2013 at 1:53pm   
Signature Kitchen & Bath Design
I also like the idea of a gray for a polished look. Cool and bright Benjamin Moore Storm AF-700 is a true medium tone gray. http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/storm.
I would also think about doing a neutral stacked stone tile on the island wall for texture, it will also add character to the room.
March 27, 2013 at 2:24pm   
ljg143
I see a warm orange on the walls. The island could use some panel details.
March 27, 2013 at 5:22pm   
em10901
I think a green like you have on your seat cushions would work well on your walls.
March 27, 2013 at 5:34pm   
rjjacobs
There will be many colors that could be selected by making sure they work with the granite you have selected. If I knew which one you selected then it would be easier. Cabinets are just fine as they are. Onde thing to remember with paint colors is......"It's only paint" Least expensive project with the greatest potential to make the whole room look good. rickclarkedesign.com
March 28, 2013 at 9:17pm   
Curb Appeal Renovations
You have so many options and a lot of great advice here. Think about all the colors that have been suggested and which one you would most like to wake up to every morning. ^ I agree with rjjacobs...paint is easy to change. Get samples of your top 3 choices and try them out on one of the walls. It will be much easier to see what actually looks good in the room when you get it up on the walls. Keep us updated on what you decide!
March 28, 2013 at 9:32pm   
cyn222
Asoft grey blue or even a light grey would work well with the blue green colors in other rooms.
March 28, 2013 at 9:45pm     
chrisroh
I painted a room with Celtic Grey, Behr, eggshell. It is a very cool blue/green and I think it would go nicely with the rug. Go to Home Depot. Get a couple samples so you can cut them apart and tape them on the walls at different spots. Or since you are painting the kitchen, buy a couple of sample size paints and paint some samples on the different walls. It's only paint.
March 29, 2013 at 7:22pm     
Floor tile color for kitchen with espresso cabinets?
We're remodeling our fairly large kitchen and are stuck...
What neutral paint color complement navy granite floors?
We are building a large home with a center hall and...
What granite, tile, and backsplash for espresso cabinets
We are designing our home and espresso cabinets r the...
What is missing on my kitchen cabinet tops?
Please give me advice on the decor for my kitchen cabinet...
Bathroom Mirror
I am up in the air about rather to have separate mirrors...
Need help selecting wall to wall carpet for my living room!
Carpet needs to be replaced! Already 10 years old &...
Toilet Design Help
Hi guys. We're renovating an old house and are having...