Ideas for backsplash wanted!
ceylona
This is a computer generated picture of the kitchen in our new home build. The colors are as accurate as I could get them: Walls are Benjamin Moore's Texas Leather, white trim, Dover cabinets from Kemper with amaretto glaze (basically off white). Still have to choose a granite, but leaning toward Giallo Ornamental. Last decision to make is what to do behind the range in the arched nook. I've been eyeballing lots of lovely glass tiles, but realized there's so much involved, like size, shape, what color, or mosaic? I'm lost and overwhelmed! Would love to hear: If this was your space, what would you do with it?
K B
Can never go wrong with a subway tile. Love the look of a herringbone pattern also. Just pick out a color that flatters your other finishes. I know others love it, but I'm not a fan of mosaic tile in the kitchen or accent stripes. I like classic looks that you will not grow tired of IMHO.
2009 Showcase Home on Park Alley
Kitchen 1
KitchenLab
Kitchen 2
Cat Mountain Residence
Kitchen - Residence Camrose I
1 Like   March 27, 2013 at 8:24PM
mishbooth
Subway tile is a good way to go. They can be glass or traditional. Hint of color would be nice. Not a fan of white on white on white kitchens. the granite you are leaning toward has some grey and brown in it. Pull from those colors. The granite has movement so stick to a monotone backspash. Don't want busy granite and busy backsplash. For the nook behind the stove - I like KB's idea and would do a herringbone pattern if using subway tile.
1 Like   March 27, 2013 at 8:39PM
ceylona
I do like subway tiles in a lot of kitchens. Especially glass with a hint of color. But if I pull some neutrals from the granite it's still going to feel, well overly neutral in there. To me that space begs for a punch of some sort to make it stand out. I can add a hint of the blue I tend to accessorize with, but what if I want to have an orange phase someday? I'm afraid I have color commitment issues coupled with boring neutral issues. I'm thinking my answer lies in shimmer, or contrast. And somehow it cannot compete with the granite.
0 Likes   March 27, 2013 at 9:22PM
Dezign Studio Inc
you could go with a slab of same back splash as the counter top, then change accessories with the colors you like. see if you like any of these,
0 Likes   March 27, 2013 at 10:22PM
mishbooth
I have the same color committment issues. So I keep the items that are not easily changed neutral and have color with my accessories. Right now I am in a lime green mood. But by fall I will want orange. I change out decorative bowls, pillows, vases etc. when my mood changes.
But if you really want to add a colorful backsplash, the stove nook is a great place to do it. And if you usually go to blue as an accent color go for it. Just pick out a blue (maybe a grey blue) that can work with other colors like orange or yellow or green. So you can still play around with other colors.
1 Like   March 29, 2013 at 8:31PM
collettec
I do think the niche is a great place for something different in terms of color and pattern as a focal point. Two possible considerations - great tile patterns or artwork or a mural:

1 Like   March 29, 2013 at 9:51PM
collettec
Or a mural - something like this:

1 Like   March 29, 2013 at 9:53PM
ceylona
Thanks for all the great ideas! I'm in love with the floral looking blue tiles, and the multitude of shades would expand the decorating color palette. Keep the suggestions coming!
0 Likes   March 30, 2013 at 12:09PM
CMR Interiors & Design Consultations Inc.
I like the subway-its classic and elegant and white kitchens make women happy!
0 Likes   March 30, 2013 at 12:15PM
ceylona
OK, what are your thoughts on metallic or iridescent subway shaped tiles in neutral colors or with a hint of blue? Hard to find the full size tiles in iridescents, but here are some ideas I liked...
1 Like   March 31, 2013 at 2:51PM
Irish Kate
I wouldn't make a feature of this area as it would be hard to change if you grew tired of it . A cream/white subway tile would be lovely and a lovely red/lime green kettle on the range could be the accent colour.
0 Likes   March 31, 2013 at 2:57PM
Want ideas on what backsplash would look good?
We would like to put a backsplash in our kitchen. ...
kelvin145
Backsplash and countertop ideas wanted
Need a new backspash and countertop. Help!!! Looking...
northbluff
Wanted: Back-splash colors and ideas for my new kitchen in Florida
I need back-splash colors and ideas for my new kitchen...
Judy Payne
Kitchen Counter Top and Backsplash Ideas WANTED!
HI EVERYONE!!! Thank you for helping me the last...
Elsvette Cruz
I want to make room & bathroom on my Rooftop , want idea to make
Want to see some images for that please . Thanks
bawa011
What do you think of Patchwork rugs?
Patchwork rugs are composed of different rug pieces...
Rugknots Oriental Rugs
Bathroom style and color
Here are some bathroom designs..
VANGUARD development
To all Houzzers...
Have a great holiday season.
Lauren Jacobsen Interior Design
Under mount sink disaster- what would houzz do!?
Today I filled my 36" stainless steel sink with water...
Elizabeth Yannone
What goes with fire bordeaux?
We are building a new home and have chosen fire bordeaux...
vialpando1004