Behind the couch
mrshollyc817
Looking for some ideas for the main wall of the living room.
Mona Ives
Think one large piece, rather than a bunch of little things.
March 28, 2013 at 6:27am     
0825sam
Agree either one large piece or add some larger pieces to your arrangement. Either way I think I would remove sconces and use elsewhere as they look too small.

March 28, 2013 at 6:37am   
IMO what you have is too symetrical and expected. If you were to add a great wallpaper behind it, it might work better. [houzz=Frames Wallpaper]
[houzz=allen + roth Blue Grid Map Wallpaper]
[houzz=Claire Gray/White Wallpaper]
March 28, 2013 at 6:43am   
A Crew of Two
If you want to keep your photo canvas as a focal point you can do something like this to frame it out. A wood tone look rather than the white. A table behind the sofa with a lamp and more objects to balance it.
March 28, 2013 at 6:46am     
Interiors International, Inc.
I also feel a larger piece is in order. Or the grouping needs more to not appear so skimpy. Those sconces definitely need to go.
March 28, 2013 at 6:46am     
Kelly - good one!....Bobbi
March 28, 2013 at 6:47am   
Staged for Perfection
One very large piece that is at least two thirds or more of the size of the sofa
March 28, 2013 at 6:50am     
It's a Beautiful World!
mrshollyc817, if you like the unframed look for your artwork, our images can be printed on metal, canvas or acrylic, in any size. Please visit our Houzz page to get some ideas. Thank you and enjoy!... Raisa
March 28, 2013 at 8:53am   
petuniablossom
Not sure if you want to use what you have or completely start over, but since the arrangement needs to have more prominence, one way you could achieve this inexpensively would be to tape off a larger rectangle and paint using a contrasting color. This would make the pieces you already own look like they were all framed together. In addition, you could add a piece of molding around the painted area.
March 28, 2013 at 9:05am     
DeahlWORKS
Unless you prefer a monochromatic style, I suggest one or two large, colorful paintings or prints/posters to add warmth and "light" to your wall. Artwork (both classics by the masters or new work by current artists) are available online for very affordable prices. I would also suggest moving the sconces (which are very nice) to a smaller, more intimate space. They look out of place and overwhelmed where they currently are.
March 28, 2013 at 9:10am   
Drape dilemma... Too short!
So I didn't do my research on what the appropriate...
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
Okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
Hiding a patch!
I just ripped out the old bushes all in front of my...
New set up for living room
Need some help on what sofa set up to get with this...
Drape-gate
Due to a Houzz issue and amount of comments on the...