Help Me Make This Red & Green Bedroom Current and Beautiful! Quick~!
LAKE NORMAN MARBLE & GRANITE
I really want to make these chairs and rug work. I finally got new furniture for my living room...camel and little blue...love it! But I still love my in perfect shape Wesley Hall red plaid chairs..(plus they want over 1000k to reupholster) and the room is staying Pine Green and they match. So I have moved the rug and chairs...just need to figure out what to do with the bedding, curtains and accessories. Pattern, tan or ivory? Above the bed? Right now the bed has an upside down quilt on it. Would like to knock out this bedroom update out this weekend! I am attaching the master bathroom photos too!
carole
these are both from bedbathandbeyond.com by laura ashley and maybe curtains the same color as the walls?
March 28, 2013 at 9:56AM     
LAKE NORMAN MARBLE & GRANITE
You don't think that would be too much pattern..should I ditch the rug?
March 28, 2013 at 10:12AM   
brody1313
So you are keeping the red plaid chairs and red rug in the bedroom.....I would turn the rug the other direction.....get solid ivory bedding (pottery barn or Home Goods) then use your existing white background pillow on bedding.......ditch the rest..play w/matching euros & different size shams to get the desired look. on the bed ....a pair of larger matching bedside lamps, solid ivory curtain panels hung high....different art above the bed......ivory will brighten your room......use solid ivory bath towels in bath to..... continue the look.....have fun I would not add any more pattern.......
March 28, 2013 at 10:13AM     
Turn the rug the other direction so it extends more past the sides of the bed. Match the bedding to one of the more muted colors in the rug or the plaid. Use the same color for draperies but with an overlay pattern like Moroccan trellis, etc in a lighter color or matching your trim. We can't really see the wall at the foot of the bed or to the right of the small window. Can you post more pics by attaching them below the comment box at the Attach Images button?
March 28, 2013 at 10:15AM     
ksoorus123
So this is the bedroom before the red invasion...this is the red chairs when they were in the living room...the old blue bedding is really worn out and the ikea chairs are horribly uncomfortable...I prefered the lighter colors, but I love the idea of lightening up with ivory.
March 28, 2013 at 10:26AM   
ksoorus123
more pictures
March 28, 2013 at 10:29AM   
LAKE NORMAN MARBLE & GRANITE
The new living room...ideas for curtains in here would be appreciated...still waiting on chairs to arrive...cross section fretwork pattern in a light honey color
March 28, 2013 at 10:34AM   
A Crew of Two
So painting the room is out? That to me is the easiest fix. A nice pale cream. Then warm up the bedding with ivory. Throw pillows and shams in rich browns and golds. Pale Moon 289 Paint - Benjamin Moore pale moon Paint Color Details Velvet Drape, Wheat Hampton Master Bedroom
March 28, 2013 at 10:48AM   
ksoorus123
maybe in a few months when I recover from my living room furniture purchase...the ivory would work until then...but can I leave the bathroom and closet green if I do that?... The bathroom is 2 stories by the shower and tub and would require a professional painter...
March 28, 2013 at 11:00AM   
A Crew of Two
Yes, I think so because the green tones are in the bedroom- i just feel it is weighing the bedroom down and limiting your color palette.
March 28, 2013 at 11:04AM   
A creamy yellow spread. I would suggest your flip the rug so that there is more rug showing on either side of the bed.
Organic Cotton Scalloped Edge Reversible Bedspread Cream
2003 showcase
March 28, 2013 at 11:05AM     
ksoorus123
I like the creamy yellow!...there is yellow gold in the chair too...never would have thought of that!
March 28, 2013 at 11:07AM     
New bedding for sure. Area rug has to go to small.lamp needs to be tall. Same look just tall 36".
March 28, 2013 at 11:08AM   
latifeh
Turn the rug and new bedding and I prefer plain so you can play with pillows every season you don't need to buy any thing else in less you have the budget and want to
March 28, 2013 at 11:10AM     
Picture over bed too small. Bigger 40x40 with bright colors. Check TJMax. Panels to floor in white on window. The chairs look too big and overstuffed for small room. Replace with just one chair.
March 28, 2013 at 11:11AM   
I like wall color. Pick bedding with that color in a print. Put a tall lamp on table in front of window. A potted palm where chair is now.
March 28, 2013 at 11:13AM   
Panels on all windows in a linen look.white.
March 28, 2013 at 11:13AM   
leelee
I love the green color in your bed & bath and wouldn't change it. Try putting the rug at a different angle under the bed to add interest. Get a larger bedside lamp and move the picture over the bed to another location. You could go with a soft gold duvet that would work with the rug, chairs and green paint. One thing that would help the look of the bed is to put a fitted sheet over the box springs--you don't really need a bed skirt with that type of sleigh bed.
March 28, 2013 at 11:16AM     
ksoorus123
Such great ideas...everyone agrees I need something different over the bed...is a Sunburst mirror too cliche?
March 28, 2013 at 11:20AM   
bowdavis
I think you need a different mirror above your dresser. Maybe a huge round one...in any rate, one that is large scale. Then a LARGE piece of art over the headboard which will reflect in the mirror. Scale is the key.
March 28, 2013 at 11:35AM   
leelee
If you're convinced you need something over the bed try a long narrow picture or better would be this leaded beveled glass transom hung about 5' 'above the headboard. http://www.jdmglass.com/horchler-leaded-restoration-glass-and-bevels-transom.html
March 28, 2013 at 11:57AM   
I'm still guessing as to where the closet and bath are, but am assuming they are to the right of the door where you shot pic #2 in your original post. If that is the case, rethink the room layout and place the bed under the large window, backing the headboard with drapery. This will help balance the room's feel, since the small window pulls it off a bit. Put the dresser on the wall where the bed is now and a very small chaise or small armchair angled under the other window. Your plaid chairs are too large for the space. I think this will feel better and I agree with the yellow as a beautiful combo with the green. That will brighten it (plus some new lamps) even without the large window. Pittsburgh - Mt. Lebanon Residence Relaxing Luxury Bedroom Seeley Guest Bedroom
March 28, 2013 at 11:59AM     
Help me to make this bedroom beautiful ,please?
Wall decor ideas and colors ,unfortunately I can not...
Need serious quick help with Master bedroom shower tiles
This is our Master Bedroom Ensuite and we are needing...
help with master bedroom, currently blank slate!
Would appreciate suggestions on window treatments,...
Need help decorating my outside patio
Need accent pieces or throw pillows to accentuate this...
need help with backsplash
bought white cabinets w grey glaze, using cambria torquey...
What do you think of folding screens in the living room?
What do you think of using folding screens in the living...
hidden L brackets for granite raised breakfast bar
Hello, need to find L brackets quickly for raised breakfast...
Color palette ideas for living room
We recently painted our living room accent wall with...